Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the incredibly naive "But he said he's staying!!!1" posters have seemingly disappeared. Wonder if those blokes will pop their heads up when Raz departs too?
I'm not talking about anyone specifically lol. Just the usual "trade rumour = bs" rhetoric from some posters (don't remember/don't care who).

so... let me get this straight - despite the fact that there's absolutely no more indication now that he's leaving than that he's staying, you are having a go at specific, yet simultaneously imaginary, posters; for engaging in the same speculative behaviour that you yourself are now engaging in?

images

How could you be angry at this face?

Some of the incredibly naive "But he said he's staying!!!1" posters have seemingly disappeared. Wonder if those blokes will pop their heads up when Raz departs too?
I was one who said that id believe Joey when he says multiple times he's staying before some bloke called scoop who gets paid per click. Until Joe himself or his manager comes out and says otherwise i still believe him. Fantasia I'll take at his word that he is willing to see his contract out. If we'd got 40 games out of each of them in 2018/19 i dont think the talk would be there, but the fact they have both been injured for 2 years means people think they can get them for unders, and the hypotheticals start. I want to see if their surgery and our new fitness department can get them firing again. Hypothetically, if they do decide to request trades, then they both lied, and scoop was right. But we would hold the upper hand in all negotiations.

Joe leaving could be a blessing in disguise if it happens.

The club would be fine. We would get some great capital for it.
Supporters would need to accept though that losing him ends us as a contender next year.
Take the 50% chance we have next year with him and a fit team and reduce it to 5%.
Unless we got a J.Cameron in we are done next year which also wipes us out when we lose hurls and hooker as best 22 in the next 2 years.

The list is in a very dangerous spot. We have a good young core but the bookends are weighted for the now.

Supporters would need to accept though that losing him ends us as a contender next year.
Take the 50% chance we have next year with him and a fit team and reduce it to 5%
Not sure I agree.

But even if it is the case, that's just next year. If Joe leaves it's not like out club is stuffed for 5 years. How is one player worth that much to any team?

Take the 50% chance we have next year with him and a fit team and reduce it to 5%.
Unless we got a J.Cameron in we are done next year which also wipes us out when we lose hurls and hooker as best 22 in the next 2 years.

The list is in a very dangerous spot. We have a good young core but the bookends are weighted for the now.
It'll be interesting. I don't want him to go FWIW but could handle losing him.

At the risk of coming off as a pessimist; if we don't improve our f50 pressure, d50 ball movement and learn to lower our eyes, we won't be a contender, irrespective of who we have in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how his injury was managed by our medical "Guru's", Would not blame him in the slightest if he goes.

I will still love the great man

Not sure I agree.

But even if it is the case, that's just next year. If Joe leaves it's not like out club is stuffed for 5 years. How is one player worth that much to any team?

I am feeling a bit negative about the club at the moment so it might be swaying my opinion, but no Joe knocks out next year and I feel like we lose more players and coach over the next few years that make it difficult to continue the rise, I think we would take a step back.

Not sure I agree.

Because a player like that could be the difference come the pointy end of the year. Our other tall forwards are mckernan and mitch brown. Unless we can recruit a ready made gun forward we will need to develop some replacements. Do you see our fwd line without Joe taking us to top 4?

Because a player like that could be the difference come the pointy end of the year. Our other tall forwards are mckernan and mitch brown. Unless we can recruit a ready made gun forward we will need to develop some replacements. Do you see our fwd line without Joe taking us to top 4?

I don't see it with him in it.

You're missing my point. Joe or no Joe, no clubs fortune rest on one player.

The mistake fans make is trying to figure out how we can win a Grand Final next year no matter what position we may be in.

I don't see it with him in it.

You're missing my point. Joe or no Joe, no clubs fortune rest on one player.

The mistake fans make is trying to figure out how we can win a Grand Final next year no matter what position we may be in.

2 games outside the 4 was it?
Add in a 60 goal forward. I can see it.

A flag is a different matter I agree coz i dont think brissy was ever winning either but you never know once you are there.

My major reason for thinking we are ****ed if Joe leaves is that we have no young replacements or alternatives for his position so it will take time to draft and develop them by then the rest of the team could need work.

2 games outside the 4 was it?
Add in a 60 goal forward. I can see it.

A flag is a different matter I agree coz i dont think brissy was ever winning either but you never know once you are there.

My major reason for thinking we are f’ed if Joe leaves is that we have no young replacements or alternatives for his position so it will take time to draft and develop them by then the rest of the team could need work.

Sorry, I don't think if Joe was healthy, he would have been the difference. The rest of the team playing the way they were, nah.

Obviously we are better with him in and healthy, and yes it'll take longer to get there if he leaves, even with a replacement.

Well tbh I just think it’s a pretty s**t thing to do.

He’s a big part of our club. His name Daniher alone screams out Essendon. He has been the face of our club for a few years now. He’s on huge money and has been injured for a few years. It would be a huge setback for us if he left.

Our Key Forward stocks with out him look extremely Awful.
There’s 3 separate issues what you’re saying and I’ve split them up into paragraphs.

First part, if the club wasn’t happy with Daniher it would sack him without hesitation. Loyalty works both ways and footy clubs are no longer loyal to players. If his need is to earn more money in the short window he has of playing AFL then go for it.

Second part, all true, I’ll be shattered if he leaves. Once in a generation KPF.

Final part, it’s in no way Daniher’s fault for poor list management.

Sorry, I don't think if Joe was healthy, he would have been the difference. The rest of the team playing the way they were, nah.

Obviously we are better with him in and healthy, and yes it'll take longer to get there if he leaves, even with a replacement.
We’ll be a better side with 2 A-grade big bodied inside midfielders than we will be with Daniher.

Having said that, if we’re taking picks to the draft, we’re f**ked for years to come. Get rid of Dodoro.

There’s 3 separate issues what you’re saying and I’ve split them up into paragraphs.

First part, if the club wasn’t happy with Daniher it would sack him without hesitation. Loyalty works both ways and footy clubs are no longer loyal to players. If his need is to earn more money in the short window he has of playing AFL then go for it.

Second part, all true, I’ll be shattered if he leaves. Once in a generation KPF.

Final part, it’s in no way Daniher’s fault for poor list management.
If footy clubs are no longer loyal to players then Jake Long is an absolute freak and Essendon is stuck in the 70s.

We have to be calm and remember that Sheeds always told Adrian that the first thing you do is get your spine right. Therefore, if JoeDan goes out I expect a tall kpf will come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back