Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

And he makes robots too.

Does anyone else think it bizarre they announce the coach has been told to essentially * off and then hashtag we fly as one

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Catching up on the last few pages I can't believe how many people just don't understand this.

The sponsor of AFLW has commissioned an artist to create a sculpture of what has become the most iconic image of the AFLW, the subject of which just happens to be Tayla Harris.

Queue outraged men.

"She is getting a statue for being trolled online. Mystifying to me". AFL great Malcolm Blight has not held back in his assessment of the new Tayla Harris statue"

Bingo.

I don't get why people are applauding the Crows for being ruthless when we can't. This is an appalling scapegoating of the wrong person. Adelaide is a total ******* mess and I don't want my club looking, acting or being anything like them. They've missed the problem by a looooooonnnnggg way.

Yeah not sure about that.

He's lost the players, has split the playing group, was a major part of the stupid camp then pretty much refused to accept any responsibility for it. He comes across as arrogant, is a poor communicator, is tactically poor, a poor game day coach. There's a reason half their side wanted out.

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When Fagan, Ricciuto and company make you look like amateurs..... wow.
Really though, their problem is the playing list. Them getting rid of the coach and holding onto their geriatric list is the opposite of us sacking Hinkley. It would be closer to us selling off players in their prime while holding onto a dud coach

Oh wait

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah not sure about that.

He's lost the players, has split the playing group, was a major part of the stupid camp then pretty much refused to accept any responsibility for it. He comes across as arrogant, is a poor communicator, is tactically poor, a poor game day coach. There's a reason half their side wanted out.

My point is the people responsible for his appointment and the ones responsible for all the ridiculous trades, contracts and general list mismanagement will remain. And glory be to that.

No new coach is saving them from the mess they are in.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
MMM cut off the presser just as he's about to answer if he's getting a payout or not

Roo in the background

Lol no payout. Who believes that sort of delusional stuff?

He had a contract probably worth somewhere around $1.6 million over 2 years. He's just going to say, No you keep that, it's only fair.

The only way Adelaide dodge the payout is if he goes to another job that pays the same. Otherwise they are still paying the difference.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
we had a skerrick of hope to go past them on the field, we have a better list BUT we stay true to a failed leadership of Ken, Ollie and Tom.

Adelaide cut their coach and have their failed Skipper step down.

Annnnnddd - we watch them go past us again with a worse list.

Oh yea and Ken becomes someone else’s bunnie for showdowns.

Deck chairs and sunnies at Ports.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Bingo.

I don't get why people are applauding the Crows for being ruthless when we can't. This is an appalling scapegoating of the wrong person. Adelaide is a total ******* mess and I don't want my club looking, acting or being anything like them. They've missed the problem by a looooooonnnnggg way.
Because they have the gumption to say that this level of mediocrity is not acceptable. We all know their problems run far deeper that him. However if he can't win them a flag and they believe that then he has to go. Same with Ken, if he can't win us a flag he must go, but we're over here all everything is fine, stability equals success, lacking any courage

He had a contract probably worth somewhere around $1.6 million over 2 years. He's just going to say, No you keep that, it's only fair.

The only way Adelaide dodge the payout is if he goes to another job that pays the same. Otherwise they are still paying the difference.

Yeah, the two parties might agree to a settlement lower than the value if Pyke’s feeling generous.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Can't hide an 'extraordinary expense' like that on your balance sheet

Will come out in due course

Then watch the poo hit the fan

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Would have Don Pyke as our coach over Hinkley in a microsecond.
I'm not sure that you would. Pyke created a mess. Teague was the brains.

Pyke created factions and didn't talk to players outside of his circle. Pyke is as much of the problem at Adelaide as Burton, Fagan and Riccutio...and Younie...and Camporeale. I think that just about covers it.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Wife swap Freo and crows.

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just like when they sacked sando and had already sounded out walsh. I suspect the crows pretty much know or have in mind who they want as their next coach. I think they have known for some weeks pyke wouldnt be there next year. Who they have earmarked i dont know but it could be anyone of burns, sumich,lyon or even noble if they can convince him to go back to coaching. They wont be taking any of our assistants especially voss

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just like when they sacked sando and had already sounded out walsh. I suspect the crows pretty much know or have in mind who they want as their next coach. I think they have known for some weeks pyke wouldnt be there next year. Who they have earmarked i dont know but it could be anyone of burns, sumich,lyon or even noble if they can convince him to go back to coaching. They wont be taking any of our assistants especially voss
They took Walsh when we were at Hinkley's zenith I doubt our assistants are that attractive this time yea.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Noble will be the one I reckon

Good call

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Noble will be the one I reckon

Good call
They will need a coach who will handle a rebuild and grow with young players as they aint winning a flag in the next couple of years. Lyon would be no good then but i think burns sumich and noble would the only thing against noble it will be seen as a boys club appointment so they may prefer an true outsider like burns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back