News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird thing is I thought he did some of his best coaching early in the season - he seemed to do really well when on the boundary line. But pretty clear the wheels well and truly fell off after the bye.
The wheels falling off seemed like a player thing to me, all those players know if a senior crows coach doesnt make finals for two years he's gone. Only Sloane, Tex and Talia were putting in every week in the back half

Weird thing is I thought he did some of his best coaching early in the season - he seemed to do really well when on the boundary line. But pretty clear the wheels well and truly fell off after the bye.
Still ...something happened over the Bye break ....no questions bing asked over that significant period

My biggest question on PYKE has been his selection policy. You just hope it was his decisions and not demands from further up the food chain. If you going to fall on your sword you just hope your demise was of your own making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DP: "clearly when the side is performing as it is, clearly I'm part of the problem... the question I've grappled with is, 'am I part of the solution'?"

question from Andrew Capel - "why aren't you part of the solution?"

DP: "it's difficult to give you a narrative considering what's currently ongoing... knowing what I know about myself, the group, and other bits and pieces, I just know it's the right thing"

DP: "clearly when the side is performing as it is, clearly I'm part of the problem... the question I've grappled with is, 'am I part of the solution'?"

DP: "it's difficult to give you a narrative considering what's currently ongoing... knowing what I know about myself, the group, and other bits and pieces, I just know it's the right thing"

SCAPEGOAT ALERT

I think Coaches outgrow their use by date.
The other "issues" will come out in the wash and Im sure what looks like Don taking the fall now, will become quite a few more people later.
The players were not responding to Don ....was it simply him , we'll soon find out

But the trend of AFC Coach's not surviving 2 bad years continues

Pyke has the integrity that so many others in the AFC are badly lacking.

Pyke just made the following comment, "To get the club back to playing consistent finals footy".

Herein lies the biggest issue that the club has, this is what the club ultimately views as success.

Not premierships, just playing consistent finals footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back