List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly an unpopular view but you have to give quality to get quality and I would gladly trade an unproven CCJ for a proven gun in Crouch. We have depth in the KPF / ruck but lack a true big body clearance machine.

Regardless, the crows would never do that deal anyway IMO

I get the idea, you’ve got to give something to get something.

But I highly doubt we would want to trade CCJ so unless he requests a trade home I don’t think we will have too. A couple of picks should be enough to satisfy the crows.

100% agree with this. CCJ is hitting Gourdis/Post levels.

Don’t think either dominated a VFL final like CCJ or at such a young age.

Think we can forget about Crouch coming over now. New coach will be a circuit breaker and they will want to hold as many players as possible to see what impact a new game plan has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will make it interesting, i should know on Tuesday so ill update

I get the idea, you’ve got to give something to get something.

But I highly doubt we would want to trade CCJ so unless he requests a trade home I don’t think we will have too. A couple of picks should be enough to satisfy the crows.

Don’t think either dominated a VFL final like CCJ or at such a young age.

The ability to trade future picks gives us a lot of options.

THe ellis compo pick too will be handy

Think we can forget about Crouch coming over now. New coach will be a circuit breaker and they will want to hold as many players as possible to see what impact a new game plan has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They always seem to perform for a new coach too, could see them making some adjustments and having a much better season next year, that said I'll have my fingers crossed for more of the same haha

If we win the flag, would anyone trade our pick 18, 19 (Ellis compo) & Butler for Carlton’s pick 8 & 39?
I would try and squeeze pick 44 out of them as well, with the hardball they played in the Yarran deal

Pick 8 would be very, very nice in this year's draft, but I'm not sure I would do it considering the talent that would still be available at 18 & 19, and I would still want to trade one of those picks for B. Crouch assuming he's available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win the flag, would anyone trade our pick 18, 19 (Ellis compo) & Butler for Carlton’s pick 8 & 39?

Not this year.

Depending on the guru there is a top 2 or 3. Then to around 8 another tier, then a long group out to about 20 of similar levels. So we'd trade down to end up with a pick at much the same level, and a worse pick.

Not this year.

Depending on the guru there is a top 2 or 3. Then to around 8 another tier, then a long group out to about 20 of similar levels. So we'd trade down to end up with a pick at much the same level, and a worse pick.
Cheers. I don’t follow the draft but that makes sense to keep pick 18 and 19. Would be nice having a top ten pick after winning the flag though.

I doubt we sign anyone in the Trade Period, not enough list spots. We currently have 40 players on the senior list with the 3 rookie elevations (Chol, Stack and Baker) and the retirement of Grigg. So will need to get the senior list down to 35 senior players or fewer to free up spots in the ND.

I would expect that Houli and Edwards to get one year extensions and to retain Aarts ,Pickett (who has already re-signed) and Eggmolesse-Smith as rookies.

Also to lose Ellis as a free agent, to delist or trade Butler, Moore, Menadue and to delist Miller, Townsend and Weller.

Likely to draft only 3 players in the ND, to make 38 players on the senior list. This will leave 4 spots for the rookie draft / SSP.
Sheds will get more than 1yr surely.

Not this year.

Having said that, with the new rules like with Carlton and Adelaide last year if a player falls to a certain pick it might suit RFC more than that club for a certain player and RFC can trade with that club to get that specific player at that time if deemed viable in the live draft

we would probably get pick 39 for butler anyway, so you're really trading 18 and 19 for pick 8. not sure i would do that
I would.In the window and we have depth and the success to do such a thing without much pressure.

Hands up who doesn't go to VFL games!

One of the worst calls in the history of Bigfooty.

Go back in the history. Comments like Jayden Post is a 200 game player were regular. All I am saying is all the kid has done is play well at VFL level. I would pack his bags for him for a quality inside/outside midfielder in a second.

The hype on him is ridiculous. I hope it’s correct but I just caution against people over doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back