Coach Justin Longmuir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Pyke as HC sounds good to me, seems to have a good attitude, got alot of what is a very poor list tbh.

Adelaide have gone downhill badly the last couple of seasons, maybe its not all on the head coach but some of it has to be. I wouldn't be rushing to sign him in the top job until he's had the chance to have a break at least.

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
Adelaide have gone downhill badly the last couple of seasons, maybe its not all on the head coach but some of it has to be. I wouldn't be rushing to sign him in the top job until he's had the chance to have a break at least.
He only filled in after their coach got murdered, which was a very tough and unusual situation.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
He only filled in after their coach got murdered, which was a very tough and unusual situation.

Absolutely and he did a fantastic job, with hind sight you'd have to say he was the absolute right choice for a very difficult position. But the win-loss has gone backwards and more importantly other things seem to be not working anymore, the off season camp, players form dropping off, players looking to leave etc.

This is all just joining in the conversation as I don't follow the Crows that closely and I think Pyke could definitely coach again but imo he needs a break between jobs as a head coach, whether thats a year out of the game or a couple with a few less responsibilities as an assistant coach.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
give pyke that head of coaching role we wanted worsfold for with longmuir as coach
Don Pyke steps down, WA man, also has a great relationship with Longmuir and tried to get him to Adelaide a few years ago! things heat up 👀👀👀
I'd be happy with Pyke as an assistant to J Lo.
My thoughts exactly when I saw the news - would prefer him over Sumich
Yerp this.

Pyke coaching director
Longmuir hc
And hopefully one of the other level4 coaching candidates as assistant

Get it done and let’s get on with it belly

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why is everyone keen on Pyke. He’s walking away from a train wreck and suddenly he’s a good idea?!

Same goes for Hird. Are we trying to assemble a list of hated people? Seriously? 🙅‍♂️

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Adelaide has a very OLD list. Not sure how involved Pyke was in the list management side of things but he certainly seemed to have lost the players. I'm not sure he'd be bringing anything fresh to another club, looks like he needs a long holiday.

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
Why is everyone keen on Pyke. He’s walking away from a train wreck and suddenly he’s a good idea?!

Same goes for Hird. Are we trying to assemble a list of hated people? Seriously? 🙅‍♂️
Worsfold coaching director.
Hird Head coach.
Pyke Assistant coach.
Suma Forward coach.

Brad Hardie CEO
:)

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams