News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

I especially liked the part at the end where Chapman called Don a "friend for life" and explained that the way that people exit our club is really important to him.

yeah because chances are they'll be back too soon in an undeserved capacity for a role that is totally above their pay grade.

Clearly thinks that now Don is gone, no other changes are required

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app
They will be measuring the temperature now to see if this has quenched the thirst of fans.
Even if it hasn't, would they care?

But they'd be hoping like hell this is enough of a circuit breaker for them to complete the review, say some things need to be cleaned up, that's it.

The other problem is there are too many numpties around who were just throwing Sack Pyke hashtags and so on everywhere which gives these clowns in the club an out.
It's why some of us were saying turn the heat to where it needs to go, not the coach again.

Pretty obvious to me that Chapman wanted Don gone but after the review so he could point to him as the reason for the failure in performance.

Don pulling the pin beforehand has now put Chapman in a very awkward and embarrassing position.

Yep.

You could hear throughout the press conference from Chapman about how great we were, no problems, everything is fine.

His trump card for ending the review has already been played. He's got nothing

Pretty obvious to me that Chapman wanted Don gone but after the review so he could point to him as the reason for the failure in performance.

Don pulling the pin beforehand has now put Chapman in a very awkward and embarrassing position.
It was a decision for the fans ....moving foward, there would have always been a stench of suspician over his role in the players performance this year .....wiping th decks clear is a sensible move

Pyke came out of that looking better.

After watching the presser, I'm almost completely convinced Don walked because he has lost all faith in the club and the review appears to be a sham.

It sounded to me like the players slayed him for stuff like the camp as part of the review, and on top of that he had no faith in the club that he could be part of the solution. He was very emotional describing the "conversations" he had that made him think he was no longer the right man to coach

He then went on to suggest coaching, leadership and culture are all issues that remain.

He sounded like a man that knew he wasn't wanted, and knew nothing would change. So he went out on his terms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapman is an unmitigated disaster and I'm losing faith in Fagan rapidly.

I think we've just lost the best person on staff in the whole footy department.

Don may have chosen to leave for a variety of reasons but the club hierarchy clearly pushed him as well. He will be involved in footy at a decent club elsewhere and he a resounding success.

Today to me highlighted the integrity of Don Pyke and the utter ineptitude of the AFC.

This, this, this, this and this.

If you think Don is even close to the person we need out of that club you’re a mile off.

1) Burton
1) Chapman
3) Campo
4) Hart
5) Hass
6) Roo

Chapman: No, there's not termination payment. But on a separate and unrelated note, this week we've decided to donate to the Don Pyke Children Private Education fund, the Don Pyke Golf Membership fund, the Don Pyke International travel Charity and an undisclosed Upper Middle Class Housing Project in Western Australia....

It was a decision for the fans ....moving foward, there would have always been a stench of suspician over his role in the players performance this year .....wiping th decks clear is a sensible move
As long as those way more incompetent than him are also moved on. Sadly, it's incompetent people making decisions on other incompetents, and they are all buddies.

I think Pyke knew that even if we go youth next year, make changes elsewhere, the likelihood is we spend another year out of the 8. That's not something the club could sell to supporters and the media would be all over it as another failed year.

This gets us that "clear air"... I hope we use it to actually make some changes that set us up for a sustained period at the top.

I hope that we don't go for the new coach with the plan that gets us the spike.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back