Game Day AFL Finals Week 2

So we've got our prelims locked in at the G and the AFL must be salivating at the possibility of a Tigers v Pies Grand Final.

But first we have to see if their move to only fine several players that should have been suspended will pay off with some closer results this week
Capture.PNG

Can the cats pull off the very rare feat of a Minor Premier who goes out in straight sets? One can only hope.

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Be interesting to see if Brisbane can bounce back. If GWS bring that ferocity it will be an interesting game.

As much as West Coast flogs over here can be a PiTA when they're up and about, I'll take it to see Geelong go out in straight sets.

Viddiot

All Australian
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking forward to extremely physical games...dudes getting thrown into fences, prone guys getting their heads smashed into the ground, hair pulling..the teams have enough money..Plus we are long overdue for a big hit ignoring the ball and going the man.
It's all good, right?
RIGHT!??

user33

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Aus
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking forward to extremely physical games...dudes getting thrown into fences, prone guys getting their heads smashed into the ground, hair pulling..the teams have enough money..Plus we are long overdue for a big hit ignoring the ball and going the man.
It's all good, right?
RIGHT!??
Pinch someone and tred on there foot - 2 weeks and a complete media melt down.

Eye gouge someone - play on

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
-How will Geelong respond to a pretty convincing defeat to an undermanned collingwood. Better structures from playing Stanley and putting Blicavs back will help, but they still need to be more willing to take the game on when required.

-Pretty confident that west coast will bring their A game to the G this week, but it was only a month ago when they got obliterated for 3 quarters on the same ground by richmond.

Prediction: West Coast by 10 points.

-How will the lions return after playing their guts out against Richmond twice in a row. Robinson a decent loss too, his intensity would've been huge this week.

-GWS were systematically ruthless last week. I do think they'll back it up this week, however going to the Gabba is a bit of a concern. Will be very interesting to see how Zac Williams goes on Cameron too, not too many defenders in the league would be able to replicate Grime's work.

Prediction: GWS by 19 points

I thought k meant thousand, not hundred.
Gil will make sure that the AFL will pay quite a few enterprising souls to be GilWS supporters for the day. They've already done this for home and away matches.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
History suggests its extraordinarily unlikely both top two teams go out in straight sets.

Geelong look shaky but West Coast have been inconsistent & lacked hunger all year, nor am I convinced Essendon* at home was much of a test. This game looms as one of the most interesting of the finals but ultimately the winner will probably be smashed by Richmond next week. Tipping Eagles by a few goals.

Brisbane vs GWS is a yawnfest waiting to happen. Two inconsequential clubs, both of whom have little hope of winning at the MCG in 2019. Brisbane should get it done with the home ground advantage and kids benefiting greatly from the previous week's experience.

Min. 70K at the GF due to 70K corporate and package tickets for those who just want to say, "I was there!"

Saw some of these flogs in 2012 - whole group of campaigners wearing custom half Hawthorn half Sydney guernseys while legitimate supporters stood outside the ground with signs begging for tickets.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Pinch someone and tred on there foot - 2 weeks and a complete media melt down.

Eye gouge someone - play on

Freakin gerard whateley is STILL referring to the tom mitchell non suspension every time mrp is dicussed

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Saw some of these flogs in 2012 - whole group of campaigners wearing custom half Hawthorn half Sydney guernseys while legitimate supporters stood outside the ground with signs begging for tickets.

Half scarves are completely scorned in thw UK. But they must sell well

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Gotta feeling the cats may bounce back pretty hard after getting their arses handed to them last week!
Lions to beat giants by a reasonably good margin in the other game.

Breustiful

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Preston Makedonia, West Brom
Be interesting to see if Brisbane can bounce back. If GWS bring that ferocity it will be an interesting game.

As much as West Coast flogs over here can be a PiTA when they're up and about, I'll take it to see Geelong go out in straight sets.
That's generous of you, they were completely insufferable when I spent time in Perth (decade +). For me, these are the two evils playing and I hope the G opens up and swallows them whole.

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
Just hearing there's an issue (ASADA/Compliance) with Willie Rioli. Press Conference in 15 or so.

OK, seems to be getting confirmed.

Back