Remove this Banner Ad

Reakts97

Senior List
Dec 5, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
I know it’s early days but I can see Don easily picking up a coaching role in the AFL by next year

marvin

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2000
Tired old hack in Melb
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Pyke just made the following comment, "To get the club back to playing consistent finals footy".

Herein lies the biggest issue that the club has, this is what the club ultimately views as success.

Not premierships, just playing consistent finals footy.

Then again, it's pretty hard to win a premiership from 11th.

Feb 4, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies - SNAFL
My question is... was he sacked, or did he get out before the club slips and implodes further?
My understanding is he had to take down two bodyguards before prying the door open and jumping out, he did not even bother with a parachute . In his defence. The plane is well and truly on fire

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Interesting read, this bloke has had good info in the past.
Nothing ground breaking. Definitely peeved if the Burton/Roo part is true..

Interesting to know we may be talking to Rutten/Longmuir.

Yep the cover up is on

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I think he is a man of integrity, and he knew that he was a part of the problem. As much as I like him and wanted him to stay, he was definitely a part of the problem. I don’t think there was any coming back from the failed GF and following pre-season camp or the debacle that was the high performance team in 2018. He’s done some soul searching I would think and realised he needs to walk away - just like Tex stood down from the Captaincy. Both men of integrity. I’m hoping, that by Don doing this, it puts even more pressure on those that remain.
Totally agree
I think people need to listen and watch the entire presser
Make up your own mind as well
There are undisclosed vermin and white ant rot in our Club
Chapman’s crap today went beyond pest control measures

AFC are going to be exposed with rumours in full force in the near future
Whatever it takes I say to get this club on track

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Pyke just made the following comment, "To get the club back to playing consistent finals footy".

Herein lies the biggest issue that the club has, this is what the club ultimately views as success.

Not premierships, just playing consistent finals footy.
Whilst I agree with your sentiment. It does at time feel like our club strives to just make Finals.

However every coach bar Shaw has made a Prelim.

We have been a bit better than just merely making up the numbers in September for many of our Finals appearances.

I do feel our club does strive to win Premierships. But lacks that final class/knowledge/grunt (whatever) to actually win them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RobChapman2018.jpg

Rave Slave

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2004
Your Underwear
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dick Slapperman
I look forward to us scouring the planet for the best candidate possibly before remarkably discovering that the best candidate was actually a former AFC player all along.

Simon Goodwin come on down!

“Simon has shown with his robust portfolio of results at the demons that he is an elite leader of men. Not only that but he’s a former club champion and a known quantity”

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
This does not augur well for the review. This is the resignation of someone who doesn't see hope for the club to get itself together. It's a vote of no confidence. Fagan stymied on the review, Pyke leaving - both suggest to me that Chapman/Roo/Burton are in control. Oh dear.

Thats probably true. But the optimistic view is that now the reviewers will be able to take more weight to Pyke's input than they would have otherwise. He has no dog in the fight anymore. His job doesnt depend on what he says so he has no reason to choose his words carefully. I am skeptical of the whole review, but if by some chance it really is a 100% review then having a senior figure like Pyke's input without his position being one of the subjects of review has to be a good thing.

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fixed Don Pyke's statement:

I would like to make one quick comment around AFL football. The landscape we now operate in as an industry is more challenging than ever for players, administrators, boards and coaches and this is leading to a wide range of issues around contentment DUE TO CANCERS LIKE BRETT BURTON. I hope that in the future we can find a better balance in how we view the game regardless of result - otherwise I fear for people’s genuine love of the game BECAUSE OF CANCERS LIKE BRETT BURTON.

I look forward to us scouring the planet for the best candidate possibly before remarkably discovering that the best candidate was actually a former AFC player all along.

Simon Goodwin come on down!

“Simon has shown with his robust portfolio of results at the demons that he is an elite leader of men. Not only that but he’s a former club champion and a known quantity”

Could also easily be Ben Rutten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back