List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we could get Tomlinson and Elliot for free thats a great start to the trade period.
Tomlinson, Elliot & Langdon and we keep pick 2 or 3 would be a massive trade/FA period for us

Oh yep just read article says atleast 2 years. On the deebrief facebook page where i seen it says 2 years
2 years would be ideal if he was willing to come just for the extra coin. If he didnt have injury issues Id have no worries about chucking him a long term deal.

2 years would be ideal if he was willing to come just for the extra coin. If he didnt have injury issues Id have no worries about chucking him a long term deal.
Surely we could offer him 2 years on guaranteed coin then have trigger clauses for years 3, 4 and 5. Not us though we'll probably offer him $3.5m over 5 years.

Absolutely.

Lever and May would be like fresh recruits for us too.

Then guys like Clarry with a full surgery free preseason...

Lots of hope. But plenty of this is just rumours too.
Exactly. We haven't signed anyone yet. I highly doubt Elliot will move clubs unless we are offering an extra year and much bigger $$$ which would be a big risk from us. But...he is definitely the type of player we need. His injuries scare me, but if he can stay fit, he'd be perfect. And if(a big if) we can secure Langdon and Tomlinson, while keeping our first round pick(or even 2 if we trade with GWS our picks)then that would be a great result. Especially since we aren't rumoured to lose anybody, although Frost could walk if we don't cough up more $$$.

Tomlinson, Elliot & Langdon and we keep pick 2 or 3 would be a massive trade/FA period for us

Tomlinson I can see coming to us. Langdon as well, not that that's overly exciting. Elliott, not so much. You'd think he'd be better off picking just about any club other than Gold Coast. He hasn't got that many years left in the game so surely he'd stick with the Pies or go to a contender. No one would knock him back on talent, just the queries on his body. Would be a huge mistake to put him on big coin, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C: Tomlinson Pick 38 Langdon
R: Gawn Pick 3 Pick 56

B: Inside mid - Inside mid - Inside mid
HB: Inside mid - Inside mid - Inside mid
C: Inside mid - Inside mid - Inside mid
R: Gawn - Inside mid - Inside mid
HF: Inside mid - Inside mid - Inside mid
F: Inside mid - Inside mid - Inside mid
Int: Inside mid - Inside mid - Inside mid - Inside mid

When Goody sees thats ...

This is really patronising, Goody’s not an idiot.

I’m sure he won’t forget Gawn.

This is really patronising, Goody’s not an idiot.

I’m sure he won’t forget Gawn.
His big plan could be to ask Gawn not to contest in the ruck and focus in as an onballer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back