News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club statement - "The club is extremely disappointed that one of our players has been provisionally suspended while the matter is still under investigation". Agreed. Where is the evidence. The B sample. Isn't there a process that needs to be followed?

So is this like a performance enhancing thing or he’s on the gear?

******* idiot.

I’d argue possibly worse.

Urine substitution, so depending on the circumstances, he knew he had something in his system (or took something intentionally) and tried to cover it up.

That's what i'm trying to get my head around. If it happened at the end of August... how was he allowed to play and why is it only coming up now?

Why wasn't the club informed back then?
Because there is a backlog of testing and it takes a while for asada to get through the tests.

Seriously getting busted for swapping urine out is worse than getting tested positive. Silly silly boy if true.

Its still under investigation that's why. Someone in the AFL has just gone bang.

AFL supposedly informed yesterday. You have to provisionally ban him. You can’t have a bloke under ASADA investigation running around in finals.

It hurts, it’s absolutely shithouse, but the chance of this being some grave error seems minuscule.

Due process and all, but if it came out that Patrick Dangerfield had an investigation going over his head while we’re prepping to play Geelong, we’d all be ropable if he were still out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is shocking. What awful timing, the whole premiership campaign can be derailed now. Ryan and Jetta are probably devastated as they appear to be good mates with him.

This is pretty much the end of his career. It will take months to sort out and the ASADA suspensions are lengthy on top of that.

That's what i'm trying to get my head around. If it happened at the end of August... how was he allowed to play and why is it only coming up now?

Why wasn't the club informed back then?

How efficient do you want a government level authority body to be?

It hasn't even been a month. They are flying through it. There'll be someone to collects it, passed to someone who actually tests it and then lodges a report which then gets sent to the manager who distributes the results and informs the parties.

I don't expect there is just one test done either. A testing lab might only be able to get through four or five samples in a day and there are over 700 AFL players, obviously not all are tested but they probably all get hit at least once a season.

There are 198 in season games a season and if only one player from each team is selected for testing (I think it's far more) then it's nearly 400 off the bat without any downtime tests at all.

They can't afford mistakes, it takes time. Or costs a lot more money.

What the fu** happened to innocent until proven guilty?

fu** the lot of you campaigners.

He’s one of us, stand by him until we have all the facts.
Emotional bud.

Tough news to hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back