List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny2020

Cancelled
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
If we give something back I'm burning my membership cards. I don't want him gone but if they sell him cheap I'm done until these idiots are gone.

This is how I feel about Steven to be honest. I think we lose him for less than he’s worth but I know we can’t really hold him to his contract.

I’ve got a bad feeling we will see him back to near his best at Geelong. Good for him but terrible for us.

jimmytigs

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
renegades st.kildacc celtic celtics
So same old negative opinion there gringo.
I'z gots some news for ya, Bruce is a B grader and has peak as such. This chicken little act of youre is getting old AF..
good to get a bit of a read from the other side,reading a lot of the comments here seems the deal is already done,will be interesting to see exactly how it does play out,you guys are probably feeling like your pretty close again,if bruce is seen as a missing piece in a flag puzzle,then of course youd be prepared to pay more,our thinking has to be different,losing a popular player with the future(as in at least 2 years to get finals and maybe top 4 never mind a flag)in our minds,not interested in wrangling over what number pick the guy is worth,just pointing out that we have 2 clubs with different priorities

ask the saints or the 2015 bulldogs if they would sell their next 50 years to get a flag now & the answer is a resounding"yes",ask the likes of the hawks or the eagles & its a pretty quick"nah we are ok mate"

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
So freo want pick 5 for hill and won't take any deluded picks how about he stays there at a club he doesn't want to be at and takes the year off on mental health leave because thay are splitting up his family.

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do a cam McCarthy?

I reckon we split pick 5 early and tell them pick 8 or whatever is all we have left.

CarnTheSAINTERS

All Australian
Jul 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Some May say he’s a B grader forward, but we will lose presence and heart in our forward line if Josh Bruce goes. Who will be our main tall? Membrey is better as a 2nd or 3rd tall. He got career high in goals this year because he wasn’t blanketed by the oppositions best defender each match. I know there are other factors but that is a big big one. Max king hasn’t played and I think he needs coverage from Bruce. Battle could be one but I like his smarts and foot skills in defence setting up our play. Bruce adds experience to a very young team.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Ahhh no, that is not a simplistic view...

I think the general consensus is that Max King replaces Bruce, but if king isn’t playing for whatever reason then Battle would be moved forward. Not sure how having options is a bad thing.
There's another simplistic view. "Ming will replace Bruce"

I watched Ming this year get outbodied on almost every occasion by a run of the mill VFL defender called Hugh Goddard

He might replace him in the side but he won't replace his outputs. Lots of assumptions being made about players with very little or no exposed form.

That's why I'd be really concerned if we trade Bruce for anything less than a motza deal. Rather keep him to another year to make sure we actually have somebody to replace him.

5 for Hill and 24

Bruce + 55 for 12 + 45ish (Dogs 3rd)

Use 12 on the best mid. Use 24 on this Riccardi kid from the VFL.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
The sad thing I'm not usually wrong. I was telling people our list was no good and that Trout was picking the wrong players. Idiots on here shouted it down and pretty much said the same as you. I think it's dumb list management, I have a right to say it. You don't have to agree. He might not be a superstar but he's one of our best 10 players, it's only because they traded away picks last year that we are selling assets to get back into it.
What so now that you've been proven right and the list is rooted, your answer to the problem is to not do anything about it???
Who said their trading Bruce to get back into the draft anyway?

Complaining what the old list management did is one thing, but complaining what the new list management might do is just wining.
Why on earth would they sack Trout and then continue doing what he did... For god sake man it's as obvious as dogs balls that they're trying to fix the list on a tight string.
You're idea, if you even have one, is that they should continue to hang on to Trouts list and just fritter around the edges with 1 half decent trade each year is gonna see us in the toilet for another decade. Maybe you want that so you can keep complaining and tell us all how you saw it coming.
We have a group of very young potential A grade to elite boys coming through and that's where the club is putting its chips now. But no, lets hang on to a B grade KPF with maturity issues who'll be 30 by the time we're contending. Let's ignore the the fact we have plenty of depth and cover for him with 2 potential elites to come through.
What would you do to fix the list with no budget gringo? Please tell us..

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
3 season in 40s compared to Bruce 1 season of 50 exactly and 3 in 30s with 4 seasons less
If you think Jesse Hogan is the answer then good luck to you and thanks for stopping by.

We'll gladly keep Josh if we only get offered a "reasonable" deal. He's a fan favourite and our current key position fwd. McCartin won't play again and Max King hasn't played a single game of AFL yet, do it's not like we don't need Bruce either.

An offer we can't refuse or take your chances with Jesse Hogan or whoever else.

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
Yep, we worry about that if it happens.

Only way it's an issue is if we trade our 2020 first out which I can't see happening right now.

Correct. We must keep that pick and use it to negotiate for Bing. To do otherwise looks shifty and potentially gives Gold Coast the moral high ground to complicate future negotiations.

We have to be smart and pragmatic.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Correct. We must keep that pick and use it to negotiate for Bing. To do otherwise looks shifty and potentially gives Gold Coast the moral high ground to complicate future negotiations.

We have to be smart and pragmatic.
Like swapping it with Geelongs or GWSs future first to drain some equity and use for something useful like another 1st this year..

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I doubt Ryder goes back to Essendon after all the... unpleasantness. Seems more like Port might have said “feel free to look around, but keep a couple interested to squeeze out any possible added value at trade for us”. I think he’ll play for us FWIW

31 year old ruckman insurance for a year or two, shouldn't be more than steak knives

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
willie rioli anyone?

E76E327A-7926-45B3-ACC3-DF63A76C242E.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back