News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm tired of hearing this: " ... because they had not made Finals in the past 2 seasons" (on Ch9 News just now).

The song we should be singing is: "We haven't won a Flag for 20 years" and demanding they do all they can to change that.
Burton/Hass/Campo/Hart/Roo/Chapman are not a part of that solution.
Why are we the only ones who see that?

Chapman on 5AA indicating he thinks the review will be wrapped up pretty quickly now that Pyke is gone.

Got the scapegoat, the outsider is gone, time to move on like they planned with everyone patting themselves on the back for a job well done.
******* infuriating

Chapman on 5AA indicating he thinks the review will be wrapped up pretty quickly now that Pyke is gone.

Got the scapegoat, the outsider is gone, time to move on like they planned with everyone patting themselves on the back for a job well done.
Lucky he's not in charge of the review then hey.

We're so ****ed. If Burton isn't gone at the end of this review, I'm taking a long sabbatical from this footy club. I'd never support another side but I'm not a masochist. I'm not going to keep letting them infuriate me. Footy is supposed to be entertainment, not an abusive marriage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is quite clear the review was just a targetted hit on Pyke rather than a legitimate attempt to improve the club.

Didn't most of this board want Pyke gone?

That felt like the general feeling?

But it's how it has happened.

Given the boot before the review was even concluded then 'well now he's gone no point continuing the review, no-one else at our club possibly needs to come under the microscope'

Only thing im surprised about is that at least 3 others haven't fallen on their swords yet.... Possibly over next week we see that happen.

Clearly lost the players and ran out of ideas.

The 'pizza & beer' episode was probably the last ditch attempt at trying to reconnect and spark something with the players. Total FAILURE.

Ultimately - far too much rigidity and lack of 'feel' for gameday. Always defaulted to "clearly got to get better and look at what went wrong" - rather than "Angry, frustrated and hate losing"

Interesting Pykes comment in his presser... "after reflection... I agree i was probably part of the problem... upon reflection, wasn't going to be part of the solution" - Damning. Just DAMNING.

It really is quite clear the review was just a targetted hit on Pyke rather than a legitimate attempt to improve the club.

I think Chapman was hoping it would be a hit job on Pyke, and everything will be rosy. The good news is Fagan, not Chapman is primarily involved in the review.

The good news is you do not get Dunstall in if you want a targeted hit job. If you do, you are an absolute moron.

I am so angry with this club. This is such bulls**t.

Why do this announcement now and not wait till the results of the external review are in?

This type of knee jerk decision making by Chapman is symptomatic of the stench that fills the club. I simply don't get what is achieved by doing this now?

Rob could have held off accepting Don's resignation until after the review and then made it public. Hey, he turned down Triggy's resignation several times after Tippetgate so he has history.

Unless they have already signed Ross Lyon up, what does the club achieve by letting this happen outside of the review?

And here is my main beef......If Roo is using this to position one of his mates into the position under the guise of the findings of the review then the club can get well and truly stuffed as far as I am concerned.

If the club thinks that this resignation will solve its inherent culture and management problems then they are naive and plainly dumb and are treating its supporters like crap.

Not happy Jan!
You could tell at season end when all hell broke loose that Roo was targeting Pyke and looking after his mate Burton and now got his way again .
But surely Dunstall and Co won't be sucked in and tell us as it is and the board will act on accordingly.
This was my concern as soon as review was discussed that Pyke would say don't need this and Roo etc would shift all blame on and the real reason for last 2 years debacle Burton would walk free and be continuing to stuff up our club.
Remember if Burton remains in his role that he has big say in coaching selection player trades etc etc.
Yes Pyke didn't do a good job this season but not reason for poor decisions made off field .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back