All about Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

Did the years of work on TPP just float by you??

The TPP is dead, I don’t understand what point you’re making?

If the TPP addressed the issues that Trump is currently battling (I don’t know, did it?) ...

... and Trump having canned the TPP as the first act of his Presidency - leaving him to fight a battle entirely of his own making, then yeah, that’d make him look a bit stupid.

But to be fair, IP protection shouldn’t be used as a bargaining chip in a trade negotiation.

The TPP is dead, I don’t understand what point you’re making?

If the TPP addressed the issues that Trump is currently battling (I don’t know, did it?) ...

... and Trump having canned the TPP as the first act of his Presidency - leaving him to fight a battle entirely of his own making, then yeah, that’d make him look a bit stupid.

But to be fair, IP protection shouldn’t be used as a bargaining chip in a trade negotiation.
Although China was never a party to it, TPP had nearly everything Trump wants from China and would have been a powerful negotiating tool for him to get Chinese concessions. It contained broad intellectual property protections, including criminal and civil penalties for trade secret and cyber theft by state-owned enterprises and the private sector, and eliminated 18,000 tariffs on made-in-America exports including on every type of American-manufactured and most agricultural products. These tariffs continue to drive prices up by as much as 59 percent for U.S. autos and 40 percent for U.S. poultry. TPP also provided for stronger labor standards in Asia, and environmental protections that would have put state-owned enterprises on a level playing field with U.S. businesses, particularly small businesses that make up 98 percent of U.S. exporters.

David Pakman, TYT, throw in Brian Tyler Cohen for good measure are all news aggregators / commentators / editorialists who are competing with each other to make the best left wing anti-Trump pr0n. None of them provide any original material of their own.

David Pakman, TYT, throw in Brian Tyler Cohen for good measure are all news aggregators / commentators / editorialists who are competing with each other to make the best left wing anti-Trump pr0n. None of them provide any original material of their own.
Why does it upset you so much that these people/groups report the news using mostly original quotes

If it was Fox or MSNBC or New York Times using exactly the same quotes would you feel less triggered?

Why does it upset you so much that these people/groups report the news using mostly original quotes

If it was Fox or MSNBC or New York Times using exactly the same quotes would you feel less triggered?

At least if you quote the original reporting, you know it hasn’t been cherry picked to support an ideological point of view.

TYT have a investigative team. Damn good one too.

Trump: I fired Bolton
Bolten: No, I resigned
Just another day in the chaotic, dysfunctional Trump admin. Tucker Carlson called him a lefty and a progressive son after his departure. There is no end to the stupidity that is Trumpistan

TYT have a investigative team. Damn good one too.

I missed that one.

All I’ve ever seen of them is a bunch of talking heads having melts of Chris-Scott-esque proportions.

(Look up an Amy Goodman interview of Noam Chomsky for what a left wing “damn good investigative team” looks like)

I missed that one.

All I’ve ever seen of them is a bunch of talking heads having melts of Chris-Scott-esque proportions.

(Look up an Amy Goodman interview of Noam Chomsky for what a left wing “damn good investigative team” looks like)
I suppose i should of added into my post that is a damn good team considering the limited funds they have.

Here is a link to their page. https://tyt.com/stories/franchise/4vZLCHuQrYE4uKagy0oyMA

I'll check out the Amy Goodwin interview when i have some time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WASHINGTON — The White House was directly involved in pressing a federal scientific agency to repudiate the weather forecasters who contradicted President Trump’s claim that Hurricane Dorian would probably strike Alabama, according to several people familiar with the events.

Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, told Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary, to have the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration publicly disavow the forecasters’ position that Alabama was not at risk. NOAA, which is part of the Commerce Department, issued an unsigned statement last Friday in response, saying that the Birmingham, Ala., office was wrong to dispute the president’s warning.

In pressing NOAA’s acting administrator to take action, Mr. Ross warned that top employees at the agency could be fired if the situation was not addressed, The New York Times previously reported.

To form the basis of your opinion on the man and not the politics is dangerous in my opinion.

It seems people will deride him no matter what, or support him no matter what. Like he's a football team.

Opens the door to him doing whatever he wants, it doesn't matter, people will love him or hate him anyway. Anything he does is just the next gag and chance for everyone to square off about how bad or how good he is.

The issues should be number 1, not the man who holds the seat.
Feel free to tell us what his policies are regarding Health, Tertiary Education, budget battles, updating Infrastructure and the problem of declining economic growth with an ageing population. Oh that’s right he spends 98% of his time focused on 2020 election, applauding his own laurels, and bashing up other elected representatives of the American people.

Feel free to tell us what his policies are regarding Health, Tertiary Education, budget battles, updating Infrastructure and the problem of declining economic growth with an ageing population. Oh that’s right he spends 98% of his time focused on 2020 election, applauding his own laurels, and bashing up other elected representatives of the American people.

Whatever you think about Trump, the alternative was considered worse. That's where it's at.

Whatever you think about Trump, the alternative was considered worse. That's where it's at.
Please stay on your point. We are focusing on actions. Policies please!!! Or at the very least details of Cabinet meetings, or working groups he chairs, to address the aforementioned challenges. Or press briefings that have included specific proposals or budget allocations? He has been getting paid as President for 31 months.

Last edited:
You'd be more into Breitbart wouldn't you?

LOL. You’ve got to be kidding?!?

Just because I’m not a SJW, that doesn’t make me a RWNJ (or vice versa). Can you not tell the difference between different people who don’t think like you? (Those Asians, they all look the same ...)

Feel free to tell us what his policies are regarding Health, ...

Whatever the opposite to Obama is.

That’s not an ideological position. It just happens to be conveniently the position of his party, and helps to make him seem important than the previous President

... Tertiary Education ...

Do the US feds get that much involved in tertiary education apart from underwriting student loans? Trump’s attitude towards IP protection is probably the most helpful thing the federal government can do for university research.

..., budget battles, ...

Fund the wall, fund the military, cut everything else (especially anything to do with regulatory)

... updating Infrastructure ...

Now that’s an interesting one. He was very pro-infrastructure spending in his campaign and early in his Presidency, but he seems to have largely dropped the ball on that one. Probably because he found out that no decent infrastructure project was going to be operational before 2020 to help him get re-elected, so what’s the point. Besides, his base have been bashing him on the wall rather than any other infrastructure project.

... and the problem of declining economic growth ...

Economic growth has been OK whilst he’s been President.

... with an ageing population.

His policies are working against that.

Oh that’s right he spends 98% of his time focused on 2020 election ...

Isn’t that how democracy works? Getting re-elected provides the incentive to do a decent job?

... , applauding his own laurels, and bashing up other elected representatives of the American people.

Democracies get the elected officials they deserve. Not meaning to be unfair to the US, the electorate probably didn’t foresee that Trump would be like this. And besides, how would the world today be different if Hillary had been elected? Let’s see what happens in 2020.

I can only compare Trump to my old boss,
He wanted feed back as is how things are going,
So you did that and frankly it was like talking to a brick wall.

I had a boss like that too. He was basically a 5’6” version of Trump.

Yeah, it was like talking to a brick wall that liked yelling back at you when it was told something it didn’t want to hear.

Please stay on your point. We are focusing on actions. Policies please!!! Or at the very least details of Cabinet meetings, or working groups he chairs, to address the aforementioned challenges. Or press briefings that have included specific proposals or budget allocations? He has been getting paid as President for 31 months.

How the f should I know? How would you know? We are half a world away, the majority of decisions do not affect us in the slightest and it's a bit of a toss to think you can make accurate statements from your box in a different hemisphere.

Four common traits of intelligent, successful people are:

1. They’re Constantly Seeking Out Knowledge.

2. They’re Likely to Use Their Intelligence to Help Others.

3. They’re Curious.

4. They’re Able to Think on Their Feet

Lastly first, Trump is unable to quickly improvise and resorts to straight out lies when challenged. Intelligent people can think quickly and put all their knowledge to use when confronted with challenges. It is why they endlessly seek out knowledge. They are inherently curious. They realise ‘self actualisation’ is achieved not through the accumulation of physical goods but helping others ‘be the best they can be’.

Moreso successful enterprises have one common characteristic - effective planning. They are focused and they maximise the resources available to them.

Trump is naturally lazy and lacks basic inquisitiveness. He has never engaged, to any meaningful degree, in strategic planning. When a frustrated adviser once tried to convince President Trump to consider a strategic plan, the president launched into a story about his friend Mike Tyson, the former boxing champion.

He regaled the famous quote: "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth,"

“He gets frustrated when there is a plan," a White House adviser said. "He’s not a guy who likes a plan. ... There’s an animosity towards planning, and there’s a desire to pick fights that have nothing to do with us."

Trump uses the Tyson quote as evidence that detailed strategic plans are pointless and said, in the adviser’s recollection, "We’ve just gotta fight every day and that’s how we win. We can plan all this stuff out but it’ll change," the president continued. "So let’s just not go through the effort."

Other senior administration officials, confirmed Trump has used that Tyson quote to make his point about the pointlessness of planning.

Trump's aversion to planning has been evident throughout his administration.

We saw it with his approach to foreign affairs and the handling of the shutdown, which he entered without a clear conception of an exit ramp, according to aides.

For Trump’s part, he often claims there is a plan, but he just won’t reveal it, denying that the White House is 'chaotic’. More often he brushes concerns aside, with the boast ‘that he thrives on chaos’. Other officials insist he prefers to wing it, keeping loose and flexible and avoiding locking himself into even the vaguest plans.

Why it matters: The price of sloppiness tends to increase in a crisis, moreover, and the Trump administration is now facing several actual or potential crises simultaneously.

LOL. You’ve got to be kidding?!?

Just because I’m not a SJW, that doesn’t make me a RWNJ (or vice versa). Can you not tell the difference between different people who don’t think like you? (Those Asians, they all look the same ...)

The difference is this, I am left (an active member of the Greens) and I don't try to run from it, in fact I'm exceedingly proud of it

Others like you claim to be centrist, because it embarrasses you to tell people you are really a MAGA type guy

That is the difference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back