News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat me to it.

Correct me here but I was of the understanding that Pyke was contracted till the end of 2021 on a large annual salary in the vicinity of $1.2 mill per annum.

Now if he did resign from the job he would be leaving around $2.5mill on the table …………… no-one in their right mind would ever do such a thing.

Therefore, it is not unreasonable to assume that some indepth discussions took place for some time behind closed doors before this "sudden" change of heart.
I'm guessing at least 2020 salary

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Got Roasted by the players in the review, so jumped before the results come out, Gutless!
Don has been as big an issue as anyone at the club.
Good riddance and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Burton, campo need to go too. But make no mistake Pyke should been gone long ago.
Yes so Pyke should have waited for the review where we not only had to sack him and cost us money, it would also mean we are 2-3 weeks behind looking for our new coach.

Yep gutless. * there are some idiots on here.

You talkin to me?

adelaide-crows-football-manager-brett-burton-speaks-to-the-media-a-picture-id981700446

In 40 years time, he'll look like this:
Cornes.jpg

I am staggered at the sheer number of posters in this thread rushing to say Burton is staying.

There is no way he survives a review where most players say in their interview that they hate him, there is absolutely no way he survives a review.
This club has very few credits in the bank

Didn't most of this board want Pyke gone?

That felt like the general feeling?
Not me and I don't think I was alone. Quite a few of us wanted to see what he could do if we put decent support around him and cleared out some of the bigger sooks on the playing list.

Worked for Richmond and Collingwood.

But their reviews weren't post-season shams designed to engineer a pre-determined outcome and shield the old firm.

I am staggered at the sheer number of posters in this thread rushing to say Burton is staying.

There is no way he survives a review where most players say in their interview that they hate him, there is absolutely no way he survives a review.
Chairman Mao has final say so there’s a high possibility we will never know. But he will tell us the truth when he’s ready.

Chappy in presser when answering about payout:

It’s a resignation so we’re still negotiating.

Chappy on AA when answering about payout:

Yeah that wasn’t my best performance today, let me be clear. The fact is it’s a resignation so there will be no payout

How can anyone believe anything that our administration says?

Yes so Pyke should have waited for the review where we not only had to sack him and cost us money, it would also mean we are 2-3 weeks behind looking for our new coach.

Yep gutless. fu** there are some idiots on here.
Not to mention the results are not going to "come out" as the poster said.
They've said that things like that will be confidential and of course it would be the case.
They're not going to release the players thoughts on individuals and "that's why we're sacking Pyke".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The report paperwork will get lost. On top of that, the report will be printed in invisible ink, the hard drive the document is saved on destroyed, the building in which it was written raised to the ground, and the person who wrote it will be assassinated

That's because people have no faith in the club's administration and rightly so. I'll remind you, this club hired Brett Burton as a fitness manager after he destroyed Brisbane's list with injuries. Chris Fagan said when he got to the Lions they had 25 out of 37 listed players in rehab and that flushing out their fitness/medical dept was the most important step he made to improving that side.

How can you expect us to have any faith in our admin when they hire people who are blatantly incompetent? How can you be so sure they will kick Burton to the kerb when they allowed him to wreck our list with injury in 2018 and he got off scott-free?

The report paperwork will get lost. On top of that, the report will be printed in invisible ink, the hard drive the document is saved on destroyed, the building in which it was written raised to the ground, and the person who wrote it will be assassinated

Hasn't this narrative been done to death on here? Pretty much everyone is on the same page about the changes needed.

Not me and I don't think I was alone. Quite a few of us wanted to see what he could do if we put decent support around him and cleared out some of the bigger sooks on the playing list.

Worked for Richmond and Collingwood.

But their reviews weren't post-season shams designed to engineer a pre-determined outcome and shield the old firm.

You weren't. I was hoping Pyke would survive the review, even if it was just to stagger one major change until the end of 2020.

Prove me wrong.
Fagan is the advisor and Dunstall is the chair, do you really think Jason is going to allow Rob to interfere, particularly if the players are saying a completely different view from Chappys ??

Tex, and now Pyke, showing what ppl that accept responsibility for performance, in a high performance industry, do.

The gauntlet thrown down now to those others, many of which were bigger brakes, to do the same. Lets see how many of the others do the same, that is, put the club before themselves.

Pyke may not have been perfect but he's a class above some others down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back