Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ******* hate the crows and everything they stand for except i envy their ruthlessness when it comes to flicking underperforming coaches

It was obvious quite a while ago that Pyke wouldnt be coaching next year

Teflon Ken survives. He is like a cockroach
I’m furious too but In spite of their regular turnover of coaches, they haven’t won a Premiership in 21 years.

I’m furious too but In spite of their regular turnover of coaches, they haven’t won a Premiership in 21 years.
Exactly. They've got SFA to show for their ruthlessness. People here getting all worked up over them being more ruthless because Pyke's decided to leave or whatever. If they were ruthless they wouldn't hide behind him saying "I resign cos club is more important " bullshite.

I reckon Voss will apply. He has applied for Carlton. Did he apply for Freo job? His son is playing footy in Adelaide, has been here 5 years, sold his mansion in Brisbane in early 2017 or early 2018 and is settled here.

Bassett from what I have been told, doesn't get on with a few crowies so I can't see him getting the gig.

Pyke is gone but hinkley is still here... what a backwards world we live in...

Carn.

We’re just the widdle blue-collar club from Alberton.

Finishing 10th three years out of four is as good as a premiership, really.

We’ve got a long way to go to be anything like the awesomesauce factory that is... practically everyone else.

So there was one AFL coach with integrity in SA...now there's none.

Walking away with 2 years left on contract - wacky idea eh Ken?

Pyke has millions of dollars of non-football earnings to fall back on.

What’s Ken going to do? Breed greyhounds out of his backyard?

Pyke has millions of dollars of non-football earnings to fall back on.

What’s Ken going to do? Breed greyhounds out of his backyard?

Ken's been a senior coach for 7 years. He's on something like 800k - 1mill. He was a senior assistant before. He was a very successful player. He could get another afl job paying good money. Cry me a river. How many greyhounds and used cars does he need to buy?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just imagine if in one or two years they are back up there challenging and we are still
wallowing mid table. There will be a lynch mob.

Given this has happened pretty much every time they’ve done this:

• 1996/7 — Shaw sacked (Blight hired)
1997 - Flag
1998 - Flag

• 1999/0 — Blight resigns (Ayres hired)
2001 - Losing EF
2002 - Losing PF
2003 - Losing SF

• 2004 — Ayres resigns (Craig hired)
2005 - Minor Premier/Losing PF
2006 - Losing PF
2007 - Losing EF
2008 - Losing EF
2009 - Losing SF

• 2011 — Craig sacked (Sanderson hired)
2012 - Losing PF

• 2014/5 — Sanderson sacked (Walsh hired > Camporeale/Worsfold c/t)
2015 - Losing SF

• 2015/6 — Pyke hired
2016 - Losing SF
2017 - Minor Premier/Losing GF

• 2019/20 — Pyke sacked

Ken's been a senior coach for 7 years. He's on something like 800k - 1mill. He was a senior assistant before. He was a very successful player. He could get another afl paying good money. Cry me a river. How many greyhounds and used cars does he need to buy?

My point is, he’s not going to walk away from the job-sec of a contract paying that amount of money.

No-one without an alternative income stream, as Pyke has, would.

1997 - Flag
1998 - Flag

2001 - Losing EF
2002 - Losing PF
2003 - Losing SF

2006 - Losing PF
2007 - Losing EF
2008 - Losing EF
2009 - Losing SF

2012 - Losing PF

2015 - Losing SF

• 2015/6 — Pyke hired
2016 - Losing SF

• 2019/20 — Pyke sacked
Oh man 😫😫😫

1997 - Flag
1998 - Flag

2001 - Losing EF
2002 - Losing PF
2003 - Losing SF

2006 - Losing PF
2007 - Losing EF
2008 - Losing EF
2009 - Losing SF

2012 - Losing PF

2015 - Losing SF

• 2015/6 — Pyke hired
2016 - Losing SF

• 2019/20 — Pyke sacked
At least they wont die wondering, if you keep digging in different spots you will eventually find gold. Or you can do it Ports way and keep digging in the same spot and find nothing.

At least they wont die wondering, if you keep digging in different spots you will eventually find gold. Or you can do it Ports way and keep digging in the same spot and find nothing.

Or alternatively, you keep digging long enough and strike oil, set up a well and rake in continuous profits regardless of who is running the place.

We’re nuggets deep in Ken for having a record nearly identical to Gary Ayres’.

Hinkley would have had better job security if he went for the Carlton or Saints job, 3 years min and back in Vic where he and his family are from and will eventually end up.

My theory is, his manager may have felt the two above clubs out and they showed no interest in Ken and that's why he's still our coach.

The fact that Pyke was feeling internal & external heat enough for honest self reflection speaks well for him in my opinion, I imagine it's all sunshine lollipops and zero workplace pressure for old mate.

Hardwick also had some reflection and personal growth post 2016, Buckley has changed some things in his approach.. we have old stubborn guts going from mediocre strength to strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back