The REAL reasons we don't get finals at GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm... I'm thinking the discussion at AFL House yesterday about where to host our final was like:

P1: How many people can we realistically expect on Friday night? Are WCE fans likely to fly over in masses on a work day when they may have to repeat the trip next week?

P2: One way we can make sure it looks like GMHBA is too small to host is by allowing multiple tickets purchased per membership. Fill up the crowd with non-members to bulk out the numbers

P1: Perfect, let's do it

And that's how we ended up with this:

Limit of eight (8) tickets per membership

You can purchase a maximum of eight (8) tickets in one transaction.

yeah sort of.. I think they knew historically the numbers that may go... and if the numbers drop ..they have Fri night , weather and transport disruptions ..a range of things they can blurr the result with ...but lets not stop anyone wanting to come for that. I dont think the 8 thing will do anything other than let people who normally go together the same ability in a final.

There are Northern ground that are finals destinations but in Vic ..will it ever be considered a finals venue?
I wonder if we we look back to when we started to do up KP and wonder if we have made a fatal error not widening it..spending all the money that has been spent and the game has trended towards the standard of the MCG sized grounds... we might be playing at a ground that puts us under MCG pressure for the next 20 years... maybe longer.

It's bs, you guys deserve the home final, should of got the home final against pies.
No doubt if you beat eagles next week you'll play us at the G when it's meant to be at gmhba as you guys are the higher finishing team

It's bs, you guys deserve the home final, should of got the home final against pies.
No doubt if you beat eagles next week you'll play us at the G when it's meant to be at gmhba as you guys are the higher finishing team
1) Just the pies, or Richmond too in 2017?
2) Finishing top 2 gives you 2 home finals. We got ours Weeks 1+2 because we lost in Week 1. That game is your home final that you earn by finishing 3rd or 4th. Because you won in Week 1 away, that puts it in Week 3.

1) Just the pies, or Richmond too in 2017?
2) Finishing top 2 gives you 2 home finals. We got ours Weeks 1+2 because we lost in Week 1. That game is your home final that you earn by finishing 3rd or 4th. Because you won in Week 1 away, that puts it in Week 3.
Ohh Na but you finished first and we finished third , so you should get the home final , bloody gil

Ohh Na but you finished first and we finished third , so you should get the home final , bloody gil

Seems like you have been around long enough to understand the system - appreciate the suppoprt but would recommend you head back to the Richmond board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back