News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

How did this get out of the door is what I find perplexing.

These guys literally deal with piss every day, surely they could tell something wasn't right with the sample.

If he's being watched by a tester, unless they weren't looking at all, how on earth could he swap them?

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
This is shocking. What awful timing, the whole premiership campaign can be derailed now. Ryan and Jetta are probably devastated as they appear to be good mates with him.

This is pretty much the end of his career. It will take months to sort out and the ASADA suspensions are lengthy on top of that.

Don't see why it should be derailed. Rioli is important but he's no NN, Yeo, Shuey. As long as the players don't let it really affect their game.

Oct 1, 2006
Boom town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Steelers & Penguins
Listening to that presser Willie has done something very stupid and will be serving time for it. His emotional reaction to it, and nothing about being a misunderstanding or a stand that he is innocent, points to bad news unfortunately.
I think you'd be emotional to this happening at this point in the season no matter what you expect the outcome to be.

JEagle

All Australian
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
How did this get out of the door is what I find perplexing.

These guys literally deal with piss every day, surely they could tell something wasn't right with the sample.

If he's being watched by a tester, unless they weren't looking at all, how on earth could he swap them?

Just heard Joey Montagna on AFL tonight. Reckons to put the brakes on, because if the ASADA rep did his job right should not.be possible.for Willie to tamper w it. Said you pull underwear down to ankles and lift shirt up.and the rep.watches the stream come out of your penis. Hopefully some kind of Seinfeld lab contamination. Fingers crossed.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Well I'll give them credit. The drugs stuff was rolled out sooner than I expected.

Why is it always the good players who end up testing positive? Its never the Chris Mastens on the world.
Obviously it'd make sense if the good players are testing positive.. that's what peds are for

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Vozzo saying in his presser that David Grace QC will be the leading counsel for this case.....

David Grace QC walking into the club to take names and piss in cups
View attachment 744827

Gives me a good laugh when I see posters bagging David Grace QC on this board for some tribunal results.

Have never in my life seen a better lawyer in Court - absolutely top of his game.

MaxHunt

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Charlton FC
I think you'd be emotional to this happening at this point in the season no matter what you expect the outcome to be.
Surely the club can state if they believe he is innocent but the fact that they spoke about bringing the QC and nothing about the act leads me to believe he has done something.

Just heard Joey Montagna on AFL tonight. Reckons to put the brakes on, because if the ASADA rep did his job right should not.be possible.for Willie to tamper w it. Said you pull underwear down to ankles and lift shirt up.and the rep.watches the stream come out of your penis. Hopefully some kind of Seinfeld lab contamination. Fingers crossed.
Yeah the whole thing is quite unusual, from what I understand about the sample taking process.

If there was any doubt as to the validity of the test, say the tester gets distracted or whatever, surely he'd just tell you to go again?
Fox Sports News 20 minutes ago giving commentary that “even though the Eagles’ previous culture issues were 15 years ago, it will be all dredged up again”
Nothing like the press warning about the press dragging things up.

wolmeister

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, nah.

Why would you tamper with a test if not to avoid giving a positive one?

Other than there was a fluid produced by Willie other than urine, there's no other detail. If you can determine that he was avoiding a positive test based on that then good luck to you. However, in my view you're no better than the parasites in the media.

Listening to that presser Willie has done something very stupid and will be serving time for it. His emotional reaction to it, and nothing about being a misunderstanding or a stand that he is innocent, points to bad news unfortunately.
Yep, I get that as well.

All that hard work may be gone BAM just like that. :(

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
What a terrible situation all round.

Mystified how he could fake a sample, if that is what has occurred.

I remember testers from my running days. Once they turned up not long after an endurance session and I had pee'd barely five minutes before their arrival.

I wasn't allowed to drink anything and had to sit on a bench under supervision until I could go again. It was over two hours before I could provide a sample.

Was standard for them to make you give the sample with shirt removed and shorts pockets inside out (sometimes even shorts removed). They always made certain that the act of filling the cup was under observation as well.

I don't see how you can give a false or manipulated sample without it being known at the time of the sample being taken, unless there has been a massive breach of the observer protocol by the testers as well.

Back