Status
Not open for further replies.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Re Jones. I have no idea why his club's fans value him the least. Him coming into his prime is part of the answer.

No brainier resigning and can't see what Saints can give for him anyway.

He's waiting on Daniher as far as I'm concerned
Because he’s perceived by quite a few fans as having some easily identifiable weaknesses - specifically poor distribution skills, running himself into trouble and a propensity to do stupid things (no ‘footy smarts’).

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Anyone see this guy play in the VFL this year? Looks like exactly what we need. Costs nothing and provides depth in the midfield. A Good age for our list - JPK replacement when he needs a rest. Moved into the midfield from defense at Norf. Would be a big chance to play games for us next year.

In his first season at Downer Oval, Hibberd staked his claim as one of the competition's best midfielders and was a live J.J. Liston Trophy chance coming into the night. The prolific ball-winner finished top 10 in the VFL for total tackles (130), handballs (228) and disposals (432) during the home-and-away campaign.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
A couple of years ago I would have said a definite yes but he’ll be 30 next season and I’d think he’s a mismatch for us now (unless we could pick him up dirt cheap).
Hurley is a gun KPD for sure but you're right that he doesn't fit our age profile as much anymore. Maybe if we were in a premiership window but not so much in a rebuild.

Hurley is a gun KPD for sure but you're right that he doesn't fit our age profile as much anymore. Maybe if we were in a premiership window but not so much in a rebuild.
Go and watch Hurley get towelled up by McCartin the Younger. Rather chase Alex Keath from the Crows

Not sure if he's been mentioned on here, but a kid I've been impressed with is Will Lewis. Apparently missed nearly all of last year due to injury so wasn't on the radar much but he's now playing for Dandenong and has looked a lively type. Seems really clean and smart around the contest but also seems to know how to get into space really well and make attacking decisions, so has a bit of inside/outside about him that is handy.

His numbers upon return have been:
24 disposals (team-high), 11 contested possessions, 4 tackles, 8 clearances, 9 inside 50s, 3 rebound 50s, 1 goal
19 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 3 tackles, 7 clearances, 1 inside 50, 3 rebound 50s, 1 goal
24 disposals, 11 contested possessions, 2 tackles, 4 clearances, 2 inside 50s, 5 rebound 50s, 1 goal

He doesn't have the body of work behind him that his peers do so I'd be shocked if he went in the first two rounds (at this point), and he just has the hallmarks of a late-draft gem to me. Just my two cents!

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
What people are forgetting here re Jones is all the talk on Jones is him wanting to leave to go back to a Victorian Club. If that is the case then **** him if he wants to go
Go and watch Hurley get towelled up by McCartin the Younger. Rather chase Alex Keath from the Crows

Hurley is never fit. Blows up harder than a North Wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back