ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
We're cooked, never been so sure of something involving the club in my life. We had almost a week to deal with the Gaff fallout, we have no time at all now.
You were also so sure of us being straight sets fodder after Gaff and then the Melbourne loss.

If this was any other non-Vic team you would be so f**ked it isnt funny.

I do have faith that the Eagles can beat the Victorian enemy tomorrow night.

Your coach and your players have recent proven successful September finals experience. It wouldnt surprise me if this galvanizes the team, rather than break them.

I dont think the Eagles though could win a grand final without NicNat and Gaff, with that said. :think:

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Your coach and your players have recent proven successful September finals experience. It wouldnt surprise me if this galvanizes the team, rather than break them.

I dont think the Eagles though could win a grand final without NicNat and Gaff, with that said. :think:

Thank you for your positive thoughts friend 😍 And for your fun facts too this week!

Fingers crossed... Desperately want to beat those campaigners tomorrow.

What a day... Our Willie :( and Don going... A man of honesty and integrity at the least. Unfortunately the cancer is still there and needs to be removed 🤬

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Your coach and your players have recent proven successful September finals experience. It wouldn't surprise me if this galvanizes the team, rather than break them.

Like your positive spin!
(Btw the eagles won a GF last year without NN+Gaff+Shep)
Hope Petch seizes this opportunity and keeps his head!
Sneezy would've been well-suited also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Can people stop posting the Geelong/Dank s**t please. I know we're all hurting but we're better than just deflecting. It's petty AF.

Pretty pissed that we had the Cats on the ropes psychologically going into this game and as usual it's been turned upside down at the last moment. Oh well.

Strength through adversity bitches.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
****ing hell! We had such a great week leading in and all the pressure was on Chris Scott and the Cats. And absolute cluster****. Now there's no way I can watch any media to do with the build up any more. Really killed my enthusiasm for the finals, the sport, and the club at the moment.
You need to do some lawn mowing!?
But yeh, it's a real dampener just prior to game!
We take no prisoners and we move on-lets hope they turn it on and light it up!!

From the badly missed Miguel Sanchez.

Since our last meeting.

In: Naitanui, Redden, Barrass, Nelson, Waterman
Out: Allen, Venables, Duggan, Cole, Brander

Geelong In: Parfitt, Narkle, Bews
Out: Duncan, Rohan, Constable

The boys being flat aside, the on paper changes and shift to the MCG are seriously advantage Eagles since these sides last met.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Still find the timing ver strange of Rioli issue, none the less he is not available and these guys are supposed to be professionals. Get on with it and take care of business is what pros do. Petch in, meh
Also Petch having played only last Sunday in the WAFL - wonder how he will run out the game will be the question. What a way for a player to come into the selected side.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Also Petch having played only last Sunday in the WAFL - wonder how he will run out the game will be the question. What a way for a player to come into the selected side.

Would of gone with Ah Chee simply for experience and that he can and would get 10-15 touches, Petch unless the sun shines on him is a 5-8 disposal player who has poor defensive ability at this stage and could get really shown up tomorrow. Hope he stands up as there are no excuses for anyone in finals.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
This team stands up in the face of adversity. It will galvanize them and they will come out breathing fire..We play better as the underdog.
The opposite happens with this team. We s**t the bed in the 2015 GF after the Chick s**t came out, and it took Port being down three rotations in the last qtr for us to beat them at the last second in a game we never looked like winning, a week after the Gaff s**t.

Good thing we didnt win last round otherwise we'd be staring down straight sets to Collingwood at Optus. At least now falling to 5th pre finals and probably losing to the cats we can so 'ah well we lost to top seed'.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I'm a s**tty supporter, I'm pi**ed this will cost us this game more so than how this will affect Willie in the long run.
The whole situation is farked. I haven't felt so s**t about the Eagles and AFL since 2007. I have zero hope tomorrow night and I have doubts I'll see Willie in an Eagles guernsey again. Oh well, pub meal and drinks will soften tomorrow's pain.

Or we win and it'd be one of our best finals wins in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back