Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want him sacked in 06, thought we were building to something good.
Was very angry though, and thought the club did the right thing by reviewing his position and thought the fans did the right thing by getting very angry and putting pressure on the club.
Thought Collingwood were actually the better team in 10. It happens sometimes.
Thought Hawthorn came into the 08 finals and granny in better form TBH.
That said I still blame him a fair bit for 08.
The Varcoe guarantee the week before, Stokes.
If Bomber kept going after 10 I'm sure I'd want him sacked after a while. Heart wasn't in it.
I go for Geelong, not the Chris Scott club or Bomber Thompson club.

So, why don't you ask the club to do the right thing and review Scott's position, rather than call for his sacking, then?

Why did you give Bomber chance and chance, and not CS?

"Thought Collingwood was the better team in '10".

Helped that Bomber was on the phone to Essendon during the PF, rather than making moves.

Besides, didn't we lose the QF, win the SF, and then lose the PF that year (the exact same pattern Scott gets condemned for).

I bet if a "favourite son" coached the club, you would give him chance, after chance, after chance, like a lot of sycophants do.

Chris Scott is as much a failure in a developmental respect as you are a failure as a human being.

Besides, don't clubs have developmental coaches? It's THEIR job to develop the players, and provide CS with a team ready to implement his gameplan.

The poor culture is all on the coach. Did you 100% blame Bomber when the players had a poor attitude and there was a poor club culture in 2006?

And you know who turned around that poor culture- the players. They decided to pull their heads in, and start caring about how they played, rather than keep drinking their own bath water.

So maybe the current team need to look in the mirror, and take responsibility.

It is amazing how many of you are apologists and enablers for the players, and let them get away with performances like that and don't hold them at all responsible for their OWN decisions on field. You people ALWAYS blame the coach, and any poor playing performance is the coach's fault.

Is it CS's fault that overrated Tom Hawkins hasn't kicked a goal for three weeks, and is a Coleman Medal pretender, not a contender?

Is it CS's fault that players run into each other, miss easy shots at goal, or don't tackle?

Is it CS's fault that players don't think for themselves, and use some instinct? They are not damn robots.

Maybe it is our list which is s**t. Maybe we aren't a good enough team. Maybe you overrate our list.

Get this through your thick head. The great team from 2007-11 is gone. They were a once-in-a-generation team. We might not see another Geelong team as good as that for decades. Hell, why not expect the current team to be as good as the Invincibles from 1951-52 while you are at it.

Hey, get rid of Chris Scott. Then, when the next coach doesn't win a flag every year, he too will be hated on by whiny, entitled fans. And the next one, and the next one, until we find one who will win flags every year, and then give the coach 0 credit when they win one, but 100% blame for not winning one, like they are deliberately plotting against you.

How many coaches have to be sacked before you wake up and see that the players don't care. THEY are the ones not tackling in finals. We had a culture of mediocrity under Hafey, Devine, Blight, Ayres, and even Bomber in 2006. It can't always be everyone else's fault.

Maybe just maybe, some of the fault lies with the players, as well as whiny fans with unrealistic expectations, who are spoilt, and overrate the list, thinking every player on our current list is a superstar, and blaming the coach when he isn't, and not the recruiters, the development staff or others who may have also dropped the ball.

Too bad crappy fans can't be sacked, because you and others here would be out the door. The club would be better off without some of you supporting it.
Chris Scott himself doesn't think our list is s**t or he wouldn't keep topping up to win the flag year after year.
You don't do that if you think you can't win a flag.
Unless your just irresponsible and put your winning % ahead of the long term good of the club.

Goes both ways. The modern day club is entitled and spoilt.
Remember back in late 90's and 2000's how grateful they were for our memberships cause they needed them.
Now we are treated as wallets.

Then piss off and don't give them any of your money.

Maybe put up, or shut up.

Go on, make a stand. Don't buy memberships, don't attend games, but, and this is the part I most look forward to, please, I beg you, don't post here anymore.

If your biggest threat is that we will never hear from you again, I think the club will survive. But you won't, because you are obsessed and would have to find something else to fill your empty life.

So, get back on the bandwagon you rode in on in 2007, and ride away.

So, why don't you ask the club to do the right thing and review Scott's position, rather than call for his sacking, then?

Why did you give Bomber chance and chance, and not CS?

"Thought Collingwood was the better team in '10".

Helped that Bomber was on the phone to Essendon during the PF, rather than making moves.

Besides, didn't we lose the QF, win the SF, and then lose the PF that year (the exact same pattern Scott gets condemned for).

I bet if a "favourite son" coached the club, you would give him chance, after chance, after chance, like a lot of sycophants do.
I wouldn't want a "favorite son" or Geelong person coaching the club.
That is my biggest criticism of CS. The lack of outside ideas. Everyone has either worked with him, under him or played with him before.
Bomber had been at the club for only 6 seasons at the end of 2006, and at the end of 2005 looked (to me) to have built a premiership team. Quite good.
CS has been here for a while now and can't win finals. What's the point of persisting?
He could be the greatest coach in the world but if he's message isn't getting through to the players why persist? Just treading water.
Can't sack 44 players.

Chris Scott himself doesn't think our list is s**t or he wouldn't keep topping up to win the flag year after year.
Unless your just irresponsible and put your winning % ahead of the long term good of the club.

So, instead, you would rather tank, go to the bottom, recruit all skinny 18-year-olds, and get smashed for the next few years?

Then, you can whinge about us never winning and never making finals, let alone winning flags, and say that CS has gutted our team, hasn't brought us success, and should be sacked. You would point to the team not making finals as proof he can't coach.

Listen, stop insulting my intelligence. Just admit that you want Chris Scott to fail, and never wanted him as coach from day one, and will never accept the club's decision to appoint him, and you can't wait for him to get sacked. Also, that you want CS sacked and you to be right all along MORE than you want a Geelong premiership.

Come on, admit it. The truth will set you free!

I wouldn't want a "favorite son" or Geelong person coaching the club.
That is my biggest criticism of CS. The lack of outside ideas. Everyone has either worked with him, under him or played with him before.
Bomber had been at the club for only 6 seasons at the end of 2006, and at the end of 2005 looked (to me) to have built a premiership team. Quite good.
CS has been here for a while now and can't win finals. What's the point of persisting?
He could be the greatest coach in the world but if he's message isn't getting through to the players why persist? Just treading water.
Can't sack 44 players.

Bomber looked to have built a premiership side in 2005. So, why did they go backwards in 2006?

"Can't sack 44 players".

So let them off the hook instead, and turn a blind eye to their poor performances.

The coach ALWAYS gets all the blame, and everyone else at the club can stuff up royally and get off the hook. It happens at all clubs.

Then p**s off and don't give them any of your money.

Maybe put up, or shut up.

Go on, make a stand. Don't buy memberships, don't attend games, but, and this is the part I most look forward to, please, I beg you, don't post here anymore.

If your biggest threat is that we will never hear from you again, I think the club will survive. But you won't, because you are obsessed and would have to find something else to fill your empty life.

So, get back on the bandwagon you rode in on in 2007, and ride away.
Nah, how I about I don't buy a membership and post here even more! Maybe I could fill my hollow life with even more posting.
You know what I could even make another account hmmmm let's see , SpazzCrazy69 and post how everyone is a s**t supporter on that account.
Maybe having multiple accounts will fill that empty void in my life.
2007? Obviously I only started going for the club after 09. Not going to support a club with only one flag.

Bomber looked to have built a premiership side in 2005. So, why did they go backwards in 2006?

"Can't sack 44 players".

So let them off the hook instead, and turn a blind eye to their poor performances.

The coach ALWAYS gets all the blame, and everyone else at the club can stuff up royally and get off the hook. It happens at all clubs.
My guess, is the coach himself was distracted by personal issues, got the players to have an easy pre-season and players got ahead of themselves.
I don't, some players perform poorly in finals year after year, it's a pattern.

I thought catempire debunked that tired rhetoric of topping up

So, instead, you would rather tank, go to the bottom, recruit all skinny 18-year-olds, and get smashed for the next few years?

Then, you can whinge about us never winning and never making finals, let alone winning flags, and say that CS has gutted our team, hasn't brought us success, and should be sacked. You would point to the team not making finals as proof he can't coach.

Listen, stop insulting my intelligence. Just admit that you want Chris Scott to fail, and never wanted him as coach from day one, and will never accept the club's decision to appoint him, and you can't wait for him to get sacked. Also, that you want CS sacked and you to be right all along MORE than you want a Geelong premiership.

Come on, admit it. The truth will set you free!
I didn't even know CS was an assistant before we got him.
But was happy, spoke well and made a thing of saying he was going to play a certain amount of young players every week.
What's not to like about that.
If we won a flag this year would happily have CS for another 10 years.
1 flag every 10 years is not bad at all!
Couldn't really give a s**t about finals if we're not a contender. Would rather get the picks and get excited about the kids.
But that is just me, don't expect others to be the same.

Ok, let's say we get Steven? Let's not call him a top up then. We'll call him a stock up.
Is this the type of player for the future? Or a player to help for the now because you believe your a contender?
Whoosh. Go back and read his empirical evidence. We have not been topping up, and that strategy won’t change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least get players before/in their prime.
What, like Kelly, Henry, O’Connor, Clark, Ratugolea, Constable, Narkle, Miers, Parfitt, Stewart, Fogarty, Atkins?

Not a single one of those players did we trade in.
Could of done with playing at least one of them a lot more.
You know you’re allowed to play the ones you draft too?

What page? Bloody hell. I hope it changes a bit.
At least get players before/in their prime.
Quit while you’re behind.
We haven’t been on a topping up strategy. We have turned over nearly the whole list in his tenure and made 35 changes to the list in 4 years

Had Rohan and Hawkins (twice) scored those critical early goals, we could be sitting here saying rucks are overrated. A lot of things went so poorly for us, and Pies grew in confidence.
Yeah, nah. That was early on, and although bad, we had time to make it up. Collingwood beat us for 3 quarters and then ran down the clock. We could not respond to the pressure.

Hopefully we get better this week.

Quit while you’re behind.
We haven’t been on a topping up strategy. We have turned over nearly the whole list in his tenure and made 35 changes to the list in 4 years
Of course we have. When you have to take so many late picks and are forced to take risks with dubious mature players, what do you want to do. Keep them all? What for?

Chris Scott is as much a failure in a developmental respect as you are a failure as a human being.

Besides, don't clubs have developmental coaches? It's THEIR job to develop the players, and provide CS with a team ready to implement his gameplan.

The poor culture is all on the coach. Did you 100% blame Bomber when the players had a poor attitude and there was a poor club culture in 2006?

And you know who turned around that poor culture- the players. They decided to pull their heads in, and start caring about how they played, rather than keep drinking their own bath water.

So maybe the current team need to look in the mirror, and take responsibility.

It is amazing how many of you are apologists and enablers for the players, and let them get away with performances like that and don't hold them at all responsible for their OWN decisions on field. You people ALWAYS blame the coach, and any poor playing performance is the coach's fault.

Is it CS's fault that overrated Tom Hawkins hasn't kicked a goal for three weeks, and is a Coleman Medal pretender, not a contender?

Is it CS's fault that players run into each other, miss easy shots at goal, or don't tackle?

Is it CS's fault that players don't think for themselves, and use some instinct? They are not damn robots.

Maybe it is our list which is s**t. Maybe we aren't a good enough team. Maybe you overrate our list.

Get this through your thick head. The great team from 2007-11 is gone. They were a once-in-a-generation team. We might not see another Geelong team as good as that for decades. Hell, why not expect the current team to be as good as the Invincibles from 1951-52 while you are at it.

Hey, get rid of Chris Scott. Then, when the next coach doesn't win a flag every year, he too will be hated on by whiny, entitled fans. And the next one, and the next one, until we find one who will win flags every year, and then give the coach 0 credit when they win one, but 100% blame for not winning one, like they are deliberately plotting against you.

How many coaches have to be sacked before you wake up and see that the players don't care. THEY are the ones not tackling in finals. We had a culture of mediocrity under Hafey, Devine, Blight, Ayres, and even Bomber in 2006. It can't always be everyone else's fault.

Maybe just maybe, some of the fault lies with the players, as well as whiny fans with unrealistic expectations, who are spoilt, and overrate the list, thinking every player on our current list is a superstar, and blaming the coach when he isn't, and not the recruiters, the development staff or others who may have also dropped the ball.

Too bad crappy fans can't be sacked, because you and others here would be out the door. The club would be better off without some of you supporting it.
In that case, lets sack Scott.

The guy isn't responsible for anything. We will save a heap. No need for another coach. They do nothing and contribute nothing. Let the players take responsibility.

It is a pity that Clark was injured towards the end of the season as we really could have used his run over the past few games

Non this Constable crap again. He’s out for a good reason. If can’t handle it then good riddance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back