Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

7News reporting the SANFL will consider sanctions over Hamish Hartletts Facebook post criticizing the decision handed down to Frampton.

Wtf can they do?

I'd like to announce that I'm considering imposing financial sanctions against the SANFL for being a bunch of campaigners.

Of course, I have no authority to actually enforce these sanctions, but when in Rome ...

The SANFL coming after Hammer will be like John Hewson challenging Paul Keating to a fight with a wet newspaper.

What Hammer says about the frees for the Crows and Port is 100% correct. The umps should now be under more scrutiny and hopefully we get a better run on GF day than we did in 2017 and last week

"PYKE WAS CROWS GUIDING LIGHT THROUGH TOUGHEST TIME" tisers front page headline.

Call me heartless but FMD the Phil Walsh thing is so overblown. These are grown men dealing with the death of a man they worked with and knew for less than 12 months. And didn't John Worsfold pick up the pieces immediately after his passing and for the remainder of the season? Revisionist and overemotive garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"PYKE WAS CROWS GUIDING LIGHT THROUGH TOUGHEST TIME" tisers front page headline.

Call me heartless but FMD the Phil Walsh thing is so overblown. These are grown men dealing with the death of a man they worked with and knew for less than 12 months. And didn't John Worsfold pick up the pieces immediately after his passing and for the remainder of the season? Revisionist and overemotive garbage.

Same goes for the deification of Walker's captaincy. He was the guy who happened to be captain at the time, and he did what he had to do.

Like, are we suggesting that, say, Rory Sloane couldn't have led the Crows through that period? Are we honestly trying to suggest that no other captain in the AFL would've had the emotional maturity and gravitas to pull the playing group through that tough time other than 'Big Tex'? The guy who calls people NTTAWWTs on Twitter, threatens to sue restaurants for using his nickname on a burger, and wraps gladwrap over his face? That's the one guy who was capable of leading his team at the time?

Last edited:
Same goes for the deification of Walker's captaincy. He was the guy who happened to be captain at the time, and he did what he had to do. Like, are we suggesting that, say, Rory Sloane couldn't have led the Crows through that period? Are we honestly trying to suggest that no other captain in the AFL had the emotional maturity and gravitas to pull the playing group through that tough tine other than 'Big Tex', the guy who calls people NTTAWWTs on Twitter, threatens to sue restaurants for using his name on a burger, and wraps gladwrap over his face?

Ted

The SANFL has also ordered Hamish Hartlett to appear at the tribunal as to resolve their differences in a compulsory Beyblades battle.

Still less delusional.
Easy. He was looking into the sun while tweeting.

I know everyone’s going to make it their business to be outraged by this but does anyone think it was written with malicious intent?

Using someone’s death to get click rates up is about as low as it gets.

When you read the poorly written attempt at forcing this ‘tribute’ into a cheesy football column, you can have nothing but contempt for the pathetic low life that wrote it.

When you read the poorly written attempt at forcing this ‘tribute’ into a cheesy football column, you can have nothing but contempt for the pathetic low life that wrote it.

I'd be more outraged at the connotations that the phrase 'Ding, dong' has with someone dying, personally.

I mean, isn’t that being as uncharitable as humanly possible? He probably thought it was thoughtful and touching to make him the feature of sliding doors. But no, we need to pretend he’s sitting there devising schemes to use peoples’ deaths to “get clicks”. Maybe even get him sacked if we really apply ourselves. Fmd I wish we could just let these things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back