List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
A 31 year old Grant Birchall would be the better risk than Burgoyne, at least he could get 3-4 years if he can get body right.
Well If this make you feel better, go for it. What happen GC try and get Birchall and he signed a one year contract with Hawthorn?

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m holding out that our list will do a bulldogs and players like McPherson become the next Josh Dunkley. There is enough gold there if we have a massive pre season we could see improvement. After all if no one comes this year we keep the cap space improve on the field and load up for future years.

Just hurts we won’t get Burgoyne or Betts

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
It hurts when you go so public in for someone and it doesn't come off. Club will be super embarrassed by this. Also Darcy isn't 1/2 the player Dunkley is...
Dont think the Suns have lost anything from this going public , It was a very good process and nothing to be negative about

What north did in the Dusty , Kelly ,Gaff situation is whats bad

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rory Laird from crows wants out, we should go hard after him, even grab Matt Crouch in a package deal lol. We need some positive news this trade period otjer wise its going to be another disappointing year

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rory Laird from crows wants out, we should go hard after him, even grab Matt Crouch in a package deal lol. We need some positive news this trade period otjer wise its going to be another disappointing year

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's the rumour, but think its been shut down. Probably isn't going anywhere.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree with the poster who mentioned it, is Cameron largely responsible for this blunder? His track record for us (though brief) has not been very good so far.
What if Cameron actually did a very good job selling Silk on the Gold Coast, but the kids simply didn't want to leave their friends and a settled situation? It may be a disappointing outcome for the Suns but that doesn't mean Cameron did a bad job. Sometimes you just can't win when you're facing an insurmountable challenge.

I agree with the idea of pursing Cotchin but he probably won't leave Richmond when they're competing for flags. All the same the Suns should at least make an offer. And if he also says no, there are other premiership heroes out there. I've been advocating for a while for the Suns to pursue JPK.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Brad Hardie seemed to think we had Burgoyne in the bag and then we decided to re-negotiate and attempt to pay him less so he flipped on us. I don't necessarily believe this as 100% fact but if it's even remotely true then I think that's a serious failing from our recruitment team.

Brad Hardie seemed to think we had Burgoyne in the bag and then we decided to re-negotiate and attempt to pay him less so he flipped on us. I don't necessarily believe this as 100% fact but if it's even remotely true then I think that's a serious failing from our recruitment team.
Part me of doesn't think that's true. But then I think to the fact his manager was on the coast on tuesday apparantely negotiating, so you can't help but wonder.
I do believe its' probably more likely to do with his kids and not wanting to take them out of schooling, especially high school.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Part me of doesn't think that's true. But then I think to the fact his manager was on the coast on tuesday apparantely negotiating, so you can't help but wonder.
I do believe its' probably more likely to do with his kids and not wanting to take them out of schooling, especially high school.
Think it’s more likely the manager came up to ask for more $$ and we refused.. there’s no reason we’d try and reduce our offer

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Other clubs players don't want to come, selling Clayton pick cheap, getting GHS type of players in, what else Craig Cameron.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other clubs players don't want to come, selling Clayton pick cheap, getting GHS type of players in, what else Craig Cameron.
Which I find so odd as Paul Roos constantly states if he was playing again he could not get up here quick enough.
I know as soon as l found out l could transfer with work fire was coming off the bottom of my feet heading North.
Everyone who comes up to visit our Family from down South is blown away by the place.

Back