Toast What banter pissed off the opposition supporters during an AFL game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1, 2015. Juddy didn't stick a tackle on Kamdyn McIntosh, who duly kicked a goal from 45 out. I yelled out 'If that was a brown paper bag, you would have hung on to it, Juddy!'. Got a lot of laughs from Tigers supporters. A lot of dirty looks from Blues fans.

Not sure if it actually upset anyone, but I had a good laugh when a Bigfooty Collingwood supporter said to a Carlton supporter (in last year's GF game day thread) 'Go and dust of your Beta tape of your last premiership'.

That was me. I have never been funny ever.

I had a heap at the prelim final in 2017 but there were no opposition fans there.
That game would’ve been the best football game for any club supporter to attend. 90 odd thousand supporters of the one side, romping it in for the first GF appearance in decades.

That game would’ve been the best football game for any club supporter to attend. 90 odd thousand supporters of the one side, romping it in for the first GF appearance in decades.
It was pretty epic. As a spectacle I rate it higher than the GF (obviously the achievement of a flag rates the highest though).

At Hawthorn game I loudly told my wife (who has no idea at all about footy) that Hawthorn used to be a Melbourne based team, but they couldn't afford the bills anymore and had to relocate to Tasmania. It caused some agitation amongst some pensioners seated in front of me.

It was 2007/2008 and an Essendon vs. Hawthorn match at the Telstra Dome. I was an AFL Member and they have an arrangement where you are allocated a seat if you turned up and showed your membership card.

I was plonked in the forward pocket in a bay full of Essendon supporters. I started slagging off Matty Lloyd, calling him the submarine captain and yelling "Dive" every time the ball went near him.

The old biddies around me were giving me heaps and bagging Buddy Franklin in response. Buddy just happened to be going nuts kicking eight or nine goals and the Hawks won comfortably.

A couple of blokes wanted to go me after the game but I told them to relax and I said it wasn't my fault I was put in a bay full of Essendon supporters as I didn't choose to sit there. They settled down and went away.

I take my kids to the footy these days and am a lot less inclined to participate in banter. Some folks take it too seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carl vs Adel this year:

Cripps was digging into a pack and a Crow grabbed him and threw him away from the contest.

I yelled out 'Oh, cmon ump. He's pulled him off!'........followed by 'ah, that didn't come out right'. A few ladies in front sfellowed.

Later in the match I screamed out 'How would you like it if you'd been pulled off all day?!?!?!.....' realising too late how it would sound. Ladies in front turned around, chuckling.

Both times were completely unintentional.....probably the first time I haven't sought out a deliberate double entendre. Not quite the same as OP, but a memorable moment of eliciting an unexpected response from opposition fans around me.

Pleas for the love of god can AFL fans stick to:

<insert my team> *clap* *clap* *clap*
"ballllllll"
"deliberate".

The rest hurts my soul.

I booed GAJ on Friday. That seems to piss Geelong supporters off.
Booing in general. Especially while they’re ringing that stupid bell. They loved it when we did it to them when they hosted us at home in the QF in 17.

Four meathead caricature toothless collingwood supporters in front of us at the g vs geelong early in gabletts career

They are yelling general abuse and trash at the players - one yells “gary ablett junior youre not half the man your father was!!”

I yell out “well youre not half the man your mother was mate”

General laughs from round us and scowls up the front

Was my first vic footy trip with the boys - theres 3 of us listening to these rock apes - im marvelling with my mates and saying jesus this collingwood things for real hey. Lady next to me goes - listen love we arent all like that - spent a fair bit of the game chatting with her and her hubby and she did rescue the collingwood brand in our eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back