Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, we can’t even attract the oldest guy in the league

As someone that thought it was a mistake to chase old man river I am sighing with relief

Not worried about missing out on him in terms of expected on-field output, just concerned we can't sell the vision of the future, even with a significant overpay.

We need to find our James McDonald, but unlike GHS he needs to be able to contribute on the field.

By Knightmare, one of the top draft watchers in BF.

Nice find. thanks for posting......a lot of food for thought there and I hope our mob keep searching for our "Luke Hodge" equivalent.

Nice find. thanks for posting......a lot of food for thought there and I hope our mob keep searching for our "Luke Hodge" equivalent.
Indeed. I think there's hope, there are plenty of veterans around the league to aim for. The top guys are from presently successful clubs like Cotchin, Selwood, Hurn and Pendlebury, but there are plenty of guys from lower clubs too like Boak, Gray, Mundy, JPK, Smith and Taylor.

So looks like we have sold another home game away from the Coast.

THE Gold Coast Suns will replace Melbourne as the “home’’ team when AFL premiership matches return to Darwin next year.

The Suns will fill the void with a one-off game that is expected to grow as their association with Territory football begins to intensify.

Now Suns hope to warm the hearts of Territorians with an inaugural game in the Top End next year and more in 2021.

Their eyes are on the big number of untapped talent running around in the NTFL, CAFL and the Tiwi Islands.

Their next generation academy program is expected to embrace young Territorians.

Last edited:
So 1 game every 2 years? That's not that bad. Hopefully the formal announcement will include some NT concessions. Good area to grow members.
Where'd you get that from? It says one game in 2020 and "more" in 2021.

I imagine this was a condition the AFL imposed for giving the Darwin zone to the Suns academy. But I think it's a good outcome despite losing another game on the Gold Coast. As you say it's a good area to grow a fanbase and helps bed in the connection with the academy, much as the North Queensland game does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back