Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Non this Constable crap again. He’s out for a good reason. If can’t handle it then good riddance
If during the year it was out of playing Scooter (risky dubious mature type, make that 36 changes)
or Parsons (speculative rookie pick, make that 37 changes), would of given Constable every time.
At least he looks to good to be number 38.

If during the year it was out of playing Scooter (risky dubious mature type, make that 36 changes)
or Parsons (speculative rookie pick, make that 37 changes), would of given Constable every time.
At least he looks to good to be number 38.
The Constable fap on this board is sickening

Mr Meow

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Have a client who is building a house next to where Henderson lives and he asked him before last week how the side were feeling heading into the Collingwood final.

Said his body language was s**thouse and he could tell that confidence was not high at catland.
My cousin's friend is Joel Selwood's gardener. Said he had the light of a thousand fires burning in his eyes this week. Watch out for hungry Cats this week.

Yeah, nah. That was early on, and although bad, we had time to make it up. Collingwood beat us for 3 quarters and then ran down the clock. We could not respond to the pressure.

Hopefully we get better this week.
Their pressure is huge, matched by the skill of their mids and small forwards. The only way I can see us winning this week is to come out and totally hunt them from the opening bounce, like GWS did to Doggies.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I didn't even know CS was an assistant before we got him.
But was happy, spoke well and made a thing of saying he was going to play a certain amount of young players every week.
What's not to like about that.
If we won a flag this year would happily have CS for another 10 years.
1 flag every 10 years is not bad at all!
Couldn't really give a s**t about finals if we're not a contender. Would rather get the picks and get excited about the kids.
But that is just me, don't expect others to be the same.

Well, so far, since CS won us a flag in 2011, and we are only in 2019, you shouldn't complain about CS until 2022, if winning one flag in every ten years suits you.

Why complain about him when he has won a flag in your timeline that you just prescribed. It is either because you are a liar, or you need to buy a calendar, because CS has won a flag eight years ago, meaning that he still has two more years before you should expect him to win another flag.

So come back in 2022 and complain then, if we have gone eleven years without a flag. You're too early.

(But then, I forgot that you don't recognize the flag from 2011, and think we won our last one in 2009).

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
In that case, lets sack Scott.

The guy isn't responsible for anything. We will save a heap. No need for another coach. They do nothing and contribute nothing. Let the players take responsibility.

Yeah. Maybe then the players will think for themselves and actually realise that they need to tackle in finals, and it is up to them to kick goals from 2m out.

I am not saying that the coach doesn't carry some responsibility, but not all of it.

Otherwise, if the coach carries total responsibility for the losses, then he gets total responsiblity for the wins too, and it had nothing to do with the players.

Or if the players were 100% responsible for the win, then they are 100% responsible for losses as well.

Personally, I think coach and team both have a part to play in wins and losses. I think you need to give credit when due, and criticism when due.

Still waiting for you to give one skerrick of credit for anything Chris Scott has done for Geelong.

Or, here's another idea. Why don't you ******* coach the club, since you know so damn much, and think you can do a better job? Put up or shut up. But then, why should players listen to a talentless wannabe like you?

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah. Maybe then the players will think for themselves and actually realise that they need to tackle in finals, and it is up to them to kick goals from 2m out.

I am not saying that the coach doesn't carry some responsibility, but not all of it.

Otherwise, if the coach carries total responsibility for the losses, then he gets total responsiblity for the wins too, and it had nothing to do with the players.

Or if the players were 100% responsible for the win, then they are 100% responsible for losses as well.

Personally, I think coach and team both have a part to play in wins and losses. I think you need to give credit when due, and criticism when due.

Still waiting for you to give one skerrick of credit for anything Chris Scott has done for Geelong.

Or, here's another idea. Why don't you ******* coach the club, since you know so damn much, and think you can do a better job? Put up or shut up. But then, why should players listen to a talentless wannabe like you?
Calm down. Ultimately at the end of the day the buck stops with the coach. If it’s the same failures over and over again with different teams, it’s the coach who is responsible, not the players. It’s the coach’s job to train his players and create a game plan that stands up in finals. Scott has continually failed on both counts.

The problem is not losing finals cause we aren’t good enough, it’s the way we continually lose finals through our crappy game plan and players who haven’t been trained to handle finals heat.

If you are good enough to finish top of the ladder then losing finals is an embarrassment. A failure. Simple as that.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Well, so far, since CS won us a flag in 2011, and we are only in 2019, you shouldn't complain about CS until 2022, if winning one flag in every ten years suits you.

Why complain about him when he has won a flag in your timeline that you just prescribed. It is either because you are a liar, or you need to buy a calendar, because CS has won a flag eight years ago, meaning that he still has two more years before you should expect him to win another flag.

So come back in 2022 and complain then, if we have gone eleven years without a flag. You're too early.

(But then, I forgot that you don't recognize the flag from 2011, and think we won our last one in 2009).
No, I only started going for the club after 09. Wasn't sure if to jump on after 07. Only one flag.
Then unfortunately the AFL knew we were going to dominate for decades so had to bring down Bomber and replace him with an inferior coach.
Ultimately culminating in them planting drugs in his house to totally make sure we'll never fulfill our true potential.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Quit while you’re behind.
We haven’t been on a topping up strategy. We have turned over nearly the whole list in his tenure and made 35 changes to the list in 4 years

You can call it what ever you like ..but adding PnP players to our best 22 is what most people would say is topping up..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they dont .. topping up is adding to our best 22 ..its what we have been doing .. .Most club in this era top up. Gold Coast topped up..or tried to with GHS.., with Murdoch ... with Miles.
Cool. 18 clubs are topping up. We've destroyed the term's real meaning.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Cool. 18 clubs are topping up. We've destroyed the term's real meaning.
The "real" meaning accord to who? I was waiting for you to come back and say Clark as a top up he was best 22.
Id say any player thats from within the system..that is brought in to a club to fulfill a short term demand is topping to some degree. Call it by what ever you want to ..its just a case of changing the name from rebuild to renovate ... So the players we have brought in from other clubs are top ups imo. How much you do that ..and what it does to your list is the core debate surely .. and in that sense..its not really a debate for this thread. I have no reason to believe that SCott all on his own chose to go down this line... but Ablett back in is a top up.. Henderson in top up , 2e in top up...

The real issue to me is that we have not managed to replace our best players from draft stock.. thats the core of the discussion. Kelly is but just like daylight he will soon be gone..
I dont allocate our direction of recruitment to scott ..that the clubs choice and he is just a part of it.

The "real" meaning accord to who? I was waiting for you to come back and say Clark as a top up he was best 22.
Id say any player thats from within the system..that is brought in to a club to fulfill a short term demand is topping to some degree. Call it by what ever you want to ..its just a case of changing the name from rebuild to renovate ... So the players we have brought in from other clubs are top ups imo. How much you do that ..and what it does to your list is the core debate surely .. and in that sense..its not really a debate for this thread. I have no reason to believe that SCott all on his own chose to go down this line... but Ablett back in is a top up.. Henderson in top up , 2e in top up...

The real issue to me is that we have not managed to replace our best players from draft stock.. thats the core of the discussion. Kelly is but just like daylight he will soon be gone..
I dont allocate our direction of recruitment to scott ..that the clubs choice and he is just a part of it.
The English language has ordinary meanings for words and phrases. "Topping up" means to keep an already full vessel in its present state of fulness. Nothing Geelong has done recently fits that description. Geelong has turned over 42 list spots in the past four player movement periods with only 6 of those being trade/FAs.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The English language has ordinary meanings for words and phrases. "Topping up" means to keep an already full vessel in its present state of fulness. Nothing Geelong has done recently fits that description. Geelong has turned over 42 list spots in the past four player movement periods with only 6 of those being trade/FAs.

A full vessel cant be added to ..

Im not talk list ..im talking best 22.. ..no one would call adding Buzza and Brownless etc topping up

A full vessel cant be added to ..

Im not talk list ..im talking best 22.. ..no one would call adding Buzza and Brownless etc topping up
We have drafted 9 of our best 22 in that time.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I miss Bubbles Bathie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back