Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s worse is that if he’d come off in the first place he’d be a chance for the GF.

Now - no chance.
We arguably wouldn’t be in a prelim without him having stayed on. Even though he didn’t get involved, his presence and impact on their defensive structure helped us to get the cracking start that we did.

Fingers crossed he can make it back!

JDG has obviously had a good chat to Darcy about the sort of service he can expect in Germany........worth a shot for sure Bucks!

“He had probably 20 nurses in his clinic and they all wore perfect white head to toe, and they were all like young girls between about 20 and 30,” Moore revealed on 3AW in July.

He'll come back with stronger hammies, but a stuffed groin.

The $120k is a tad excessive. Return business class flights to Berlin on our sponsor airline are about $14k (at the expensive end of the spectrum and assuming they don't look after us). JDG is the only person potentially travelling who merits the business class expense so economy flights for any other travelers would be no more than $2-2.5k. Apparently he's going to be there a few days so motel accommodation for a week would be around $2-3 grand per person, add $1k a day for collective meals and incidentals for 2-3 people and you're into the $30-40k range.
Berlin trip $40,000
Voodoo Doctor bill $20,000
Oktoberfest bill (undisclosed)
Get to play in & dominate an AFL GrandFinal...priceless !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it's been said or not but I do have one very good source when it comes to footy and it's a good mate whose brother is very close with the De Goey family and De Goey will definitely 100% be playing the grand final if we make it. No doubt about it.

Not sure if it's been said or not but I do have one very good source when it comes to footy and it's a good mate whose brother is very close with the De Goey family and De Goey will definitely 100% be playing the grand final if we make it. No doubt about it.

One can only hope

JDG has obviously had a good chat to Darcy about the sort of service he can expect in Germany........worth a shot for sure Bucks!

“He had probably 20 nurses in his clinic and they all wore perfect white head to toe, and they were all like young girls between about 20 and 30,” Moore revealed on 3AW in July.
Where abouts is this clinic? Asking for myself

Return business class flights to Munich for multiple people (Jordy would not have gone alone and would likely be accompanied by at least one football department person and one club medic), peak season accommodation, consultation with a world leading doctor, possible surgical costs which are probably cutting edge treatments (i.e. expensive), living expenses for all who are going, transportation costs, etc.

This is probably a $120,000 exercise and the decision was made in a hurry.

If there was no "this year" to the decision, it would not have been made so hastily. It would have been made over a period of time after consultations with local practitioners in conjunction with Wool Fart and the board would have needed to sanction the exercise after being properly presented to with a well compiled body of information based on the investigations that had been made. The report would include a cost estimate and detailed treatment plan provided by Wolf Heart, based on his analysis of Jordy's injuries and treatment history, which he could not have had time to do between the scan results becoming available on Saturday and Jordy flying out on Sunday (Monday?) morning.

This is how big businesses make decisions. They do not go "get Jordy to Germany asap, where's the cash broseph?!!!! I've got no medical reports but feck proper process in the arse!"

The club is obviously optimistic about Jordy's chances and they think Wolfie can add something.
First class surely...

When I think of East German female athletes, I go straight to Katrin Krabbe. Oh boy was she something (at the time).
No love for Stanisława Walasiewicz?

Gold medal sprinting 1932 Olympics.

AEB78F14-EC47-47E4-90DD-3A769F07E4DE.jpeg

Where abouts is this clinic? Asking for myself
Very good. Genuinely laughed out loud. :D

The usual form is to say “asking for a friend.”

When I think of East German female athletes, I go straight to Katrin Krabbe. Oh boy was she something (at the time).

The original Clenbuterol glamor lady, that girl could run.

No love for Stanisława Walasiewicz?

Gold medal sprinting 1932 Olympics.

View attachment 745234
Not familiar with Stan's work. So I googled "her" - "An autopsy showed that she had no uterus, an abnormal urethra, and a non functioning, underdeveloped penis, although some sources suggest she also displayed female characteristics"

I would have been more surprised if it was still functioning at the time of autopsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back