No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
at least sheedy is holding true to his feelings towards his old tribal adversary - we were the number one enemy back then - nothing we do will ever be seen as anything other than wrong, bad, devious or illegal - the exact way we look at * now.........he keeps rivalries alive by being such a stooge.........

at least sheedy is holding true to his feelings towards his old tribal adversary - we were the number one enemy back then - nothing we do will ever be seen as anything other than wrong, bad, devious or illegal - the exact way we look at * now.........he keeps rivalries alive by being such a stooge.........

He should charge rent for how much space we occupy in Sheedy's (small) brain :)

I wish there was more of it.
I loved it, i think 2 years ago, when i think it was Bugg and Watts trolled some other team (then lost). I hated it however, when the media and their team back peddled and apologised and actually discussed whether it was the reason they lost.

More trash talk is a good thing in my book.

Does he mention the amount of money the AFL were paying him to promote (coach) GWS while Mark Williams was doing all the work and getting paid peanuts? Probably not. Same, Same but different?
The guy is another Mick Malthouse, very clever people, but nothing is ever their fault, it's always someone else's fault. He has also come out and said Jab Watson should also have his Brownlow back. FFS, stop interviewing these guys, won't anyone think about the children.

Speaking of Jab Watson.

Still “expert commentating” on finals when he never, ever, ever won one..............

Definitely the vibe you get when Sheedy talks about it, even though I have never thought it before. Why couldn't all the players just not take a pay cut to keep these blokes in? To me, it sounded like they had no choice but to get rid of them.

IIRC - Hird and Lloyd squeezed and squeezed for more $ and were 2 of the highest paid players in the league.

Unlike Selwood/Danger/Hodge that took less $ to “keep the band together”.

It is entirely Hird/Lloyd selfishness and lack of leadership (and the weakness of Sheedy etc) that caused the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at a party last night and chatting to an * flog I’ve known for many years. He’s quite well connected with the coterie groups so I usually feign interest in them to try and get some inside goss.

So last night during my “interrogation” he seemed to suggest there were quite a number of players, some still at the club and some moved on, that were being paid a sum of money to not sue the club over the drug saga. He also suggested that the culture internally was very poor, perhaps due to these disgruntled players.

I’m not sure if this is common knowledge about players essentially being paid hush money, but I certainly wasn’t aware. I wonder how this fits into the salary cap...

Was at a party last night and chatting to an * flog I’ve known for many years. He’s quite well connected with the coterie groups so I usually feign interest in them to try and get some inside goss.

So last night during my “interrogation” he seemed to suggest there were quite a number of players, some still at the club and some moved on, that were being paid a sum of money to not sue the club over the drug saga. He also suggested that the culture internally was very poor, perhaps due to these disgruntled players.

I’m not sure if this is common knowledge about players essentially being paid hush money, but I certainly wasn’t aware. I wonder how this fits into the salary cap...
Interesting, Hush money I’d like someone to pay more for the story

It’s obvious the culture is crap and poor leadership and long may it reign

Thanks for sharing

Interesting, I have been wondering why none of the players involved had leaked anything about what went on.
You'd naturally expect some of them may have misgivings.

Because the AFL know about it and have sanctioned it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back