2020 Membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I changed my membership to Legends this year as I was hoping to attend a lot more games now that I've retired from football, however my circumstances have changed and I won't be able to get to nearly half the games next season, should I stick with my Legends membership or change to say the 4 game membership? I like all the perks associated with the Legends membership, but is it worthwhile spending that much on a membership if I wont be able to attend many games?

Cheers
They have this thing now with Ticketek that if you have a reserved seat and cant attend you can basically sell your seat. You dont get actual cash money paid for it but you get the values credited off the cost of your next season's membership. Thats why we seem to have had a noticeable increase of opposition supporters sitting basically smack bang behind the goal area in the Ponsford this season if anyone else had noticed and thought how the f!@# did these idiots get here (Ticketek in their wisdom dont bother to check the club support of the people purchasing tickets of a reserved seat holders seat)

Dont even think about it though if your reserved seat is in M35 rows N to S for home games or M31 rows L to O for away, I very nearly felt compelled to do something about putting something in the mouths of these two obscenely obnoxious richmond supporting young women to make them STFU that would have gotten me summarily ejected, and perhaps charged depending on how sympathetic the cops were at the time to the intense provocation of a tigers supporter drunk on their own delusion theyre a certainty for the flag. Round 19 i think it was, that game we played them. Anyway i wish to retain my clean criminal record so please refrain from this option and forget I mentioned it at all should you happen to reside in the aforementioned locations 😂

Last edited:
They have this thing now with Ticketek that if you have a reserved seat and cant attend you can basically sell your seat. You dont get actual cash money paid for it but you get the values credited off the cost of your next season's membership. Thats why we seem to have had a noticeable increase of opposition supporters sitting basically smack bang behind the goal area in the Ponsford this season if anyone else had noticed and thought how the f!@# did these idiots get here (Ticketek in their wisdom dont bother to check the club support of the people purchasing tickets of a reserved seat holders seat)

Dont even think about it though if your reserved seat is in M35 rows N to S for home games or M31 rows L to O for away, I very nearly felt compelled to do something about putting something in the mouths of these two obscenely obnoxious richmond supporting young women to make them STFU that would have gotten me summarily ejected, and perhaps charged depending on how sympathetic the cops were at the time to the intense provocation of a tigers supporter drunk on their own delusion theyre a certainty for the flag. Round 19 i think it was, that game we played them. Anyway i wish to retain my clean criminal record so please refrain from this option and forget I mentioned it at all should you happen to reside in the aforementioned locations 😂
I think one of the reasons bays are the go now over reserved home seats in southern stand front area.

Because an opposition supporter could buy an unused / resold back ticket or whatever.

We copped a real smelly Richmond guy, big mouth too. But just because it was raining doesn’t mean that qualifies as a bath.

Just quoting my own rant again - still pissed off.

Our club has an extremely poorly run membership department. Changed terms and conditions again this season for social club add on without letting anyone know (happened last year too), then hid behind saying that’s allowed in the T&C’s. By the time you find out it’s changed it’s too late. ******* let people know if you’re changing the terms and conditions mid-season.

Reckon I’m done giving this club anymore money :thumbsdown:

I didn’t actually expect to get GF access this season due to priority 3, it’s just the unprofessionalism of changing membership inclusions and not letting people know.

Does anybody know how to remove your current membership and change to a new package? This season I had Legends members but circumstances have changed and I won’t be able to attend the football anywhere near as much as I’d like. I’m looking at signing up for the 4 game membership but can’t see how I change memberships on my login page, when I rang the club they said I would be able to do this after the rollover date if I opted out of the automatic rollover.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does anybody know how to remove your current membership and change to a new package? This season I had Legends members but circumstances have changed and I won’t be able to attend the football anywhere near as much as I’d like. I’m looking at signing up for the 4 game membership but can’t see how I change memberships on my login page, when I rang the club they said I would be able to do this after the rollover date if I opted out of the automatic rollover.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably best to try call them? they probably can do it easier than online

s**t. Just logged on to the members account page to see I have an invoice for a 2020 4-game membership (that I could have sworn I unchecked auto-renew? otherwise why wouldn't it warn me), but I was planning to buy a home GA membership later this year during Christmas. How do I hold this off and/or change the membership it buys for me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup apparently I am a member too... ok then, don’t remember selecting automatic rollover

Ditto - not impressed with the way they're going about things. We got told that we had been notified of the changes in our son's package (hadn't) and you're automatically a member etc........and the Terms and Conditions online are a joke. It seems they've decided they're going to hit everyone with an opt out and rope people up with legal gobbledegook.

How does one find out the costs of adding other Collingwood memberships to your afl membership?
I was told by the membership department you get $375 off any membership. They didn’t tell me how to actually purchase the membership, but it was helpful in making a decision.

Just quoting my own rant again - still pi**ed off.

I didn’t actually expect to get GF access this season due to priority 3, it’s just the unprofessionalism of changing membership inclusions and not letting people know.
I’m disappointed too.
Paid for an interstate membership with family social club membership extras package as the website said this would put me in priority 2 category for GF ballot.
Paid in November 2018 and didn’t get the medallions until 6 months later. They also had me as an adult social club membership not family.
Several emails and phone calls later I still haven’t got a receipt for the $285 social club membership.
I am still listed as having bought a single adult social club membership rather than family on the membership renewal form.
Pretty inept and disappointing.

I’m disappointed too.
Paid for an interstate membership with family social club membership extras package as the website said this would put me in priority 2 category for GF ballot.
Paid in November 2018 and didn’t get the medallions until 6 months later. They also had me as an adult social club membership not family.
Several emails and phone calls later I still haven’t got a receipt for the $285 social club membership.
I am still listed as having bought a single adult social club membership rather than family on the membership renewal form.
Pretty inept and disappointing.

They gave me interstate members as another example of people who changed priority mid season - not sure telling me other supporters you screwed over is a winning strategy.

What’s the cut off for those of us who play annually to renew for 2020 or have I already missed it?

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but it is related to club membership. As members, how much do you feel like you can influence your club's board? Do most people on here vote in the elections etc, and is there much discussion about who you would like to elect, or if the incumbents have been doing a good enough job?

Unfortunately us Port members can only vote on 2 out of our 10 board seats, with the rest appointed by the AFL. This outrages me and makes it feel as if the club is not really accountable to members when its custodians make poor decisions. I know that Collingwood is (like all of the Victorian clubs) fully member run. I'm just trying to get a feel for what that means in the current AFL climate though.

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but it is related to club membership. As members, how much do you feel like you can influence your club's board? Do most people on here vote in the elections etc, and is there much discussion about who you would like to elect, or if the incumbents have been doing a good enough job?

Unfortunately us Port members can only vote on 2 out of our 10 board seats, with the rest appointed by the AFL. This outrages me and makes it feel as if the club is not really accountable to members when its custodians make poor decisions. I know that Collingwood is (like all of the Victorian clubs) fully member run. I'm just trying to get a feel for what that means in the current AFL climate though.
It’s been years since members voted a Collingwood board member in. The trend is for departing board members to resign from their position 6-12 months before their tenure is due to end. An interim replacement is slotted in by the club to cover this 6-12 month period. After this time the interim board member stands for election unopposed.

It’s been years since members voted a Collingwood board member in. The trend is for departing board members to resign from their position 6-12 months before their tenure is due to end. An interim replacement is slotted in by the club to cover this 6-12 month period. After this time the interim board member stands for election unopposed.
OK thanks for the info. If the members as a collective did get upset with the running of the club though, they could nominate an alternative to run against the interim member, and vote them in instead? Ergo it is in the interests of the board to keep the club running in the general direction the members want so as to avoid the threat of being turfed?

I can remember voting in 1989.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back