Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Kriegsmaschine probably 'saves' Mgla. They get the experimental and more dissonant stuff out of their system while Mgla remains straight up and bleak.

If jooceman wants to continue down the black metal rabbit hole then give this a whirl. It's my album of the year. Similarities to Mgla but a bit more guitar than drums and a little more melodic. Mgla easily still my favourite BM band of modern times but this album is an absolute ripper.

Kriegsmaschine probably 'saves' Mgla. They get the experimental and more dissonant stuff out of their system while Mgla remains straight up and bleak.

If jooceman wants to continue down the black metal rabbit hole then give this a whirl. It's my album of the year. Similarities to Mgla but a bit more guitar than drums and a little more melodic. Mgla easily still my favourite BM band of modern times but this album is an absolute ripper.

i’ll for sure check it out, i’ve been basically only listening to black/death metal for the past week... been loving it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been listening to a lot of Agalloch today. Been a while between listens but im enjoying them more than what i remembered. Wolves in the Throne Room have snuck into my playlist of late as well. Would have loved to see them in November but ill be overseas at the time

Ashes Against the Grain. Not Unlike the Waves is a great, great song.

Did you check out Pillorian?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back