Game Day SEMI-FINAL: West Coast Eagles vs Geelong

Lot of flat boys out there. Fix was in but the boys were gassed, even if we were given a fair shake you’d think Geelong would have broken it open late.

AFL House needing to put the GMHBA Finals discussion to bed, did so with aplomb.

Schoey telling Hawkins to * off is my spirit animal, let’s see them wriggle their way out of a suspension for that.

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Love to see the score chains outside of the 2nd quarter and 10 minutes of the third.

Would be horrific reading.

1 point in the Last. Game on the line.

Very very poor. Symptomatic of the whole year.

EagleShore

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Willie pissed our season away. With his talent and the absence of that distraction we would've won this. Geelong were beatable tonight.

Yes there were other factors, but percentages matter, and the team's collective mindset would more than likely have been slightly off tonight.

What a s**t end to the season.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Im proud of the boys for fighting back into the game, but it was always gonna be a bridge too far. Had to work too hard to overcome the deficit, and had nothing left to give in the end. We finish the season as also-rans and under a drug cloud.

Thanks Willie.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
The guys did well to fight back and not turn their toes up after the first quarter and a bit... but this night sums up our season.

Our best is magic. But it's not there consistently enough, and it's mostly felt like we've been a stop off the front runners all season, even if we did get ourselves in position to finish top two.

A season of what could have been unfortunately. Dared to start dreaming about back to back when we hit a good patch off form in the third quarter of the season.

Shepp, Gaff and NN should be absolutely livid with how this team has played all year, we should've finished top 2 if we played like the reigning premiers. You don't get many chances to win a flag.

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
Lot of flat boys out there. Fix was in but the boys were gassed, even if we were given a fair shake you’d think Geelong would have broken it open late.

AFL House needing to put the GMHBA Finals discussion to bed, did so with aplomb.

Schoey telling Hawkins to fu** off is my spirit animal, let’s see them wriggle their way out of a suspension for that.
Awful house will make sure Hawkins escapes with a fine.

That action could have broken schoeys jaw.

Reckon we're in free fall next year. Teams around have gotten better, where is our improvement?

I’m shocked to be sitting here.

Very different season when you’re the hunted. We’ll be fine mate. Very disappointing season and we missed the top four by a bees dick.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
2019 - a wasted year. A terrible performance in the last Q. The Rioli problem, it all makes it a year to forget. And on top of that, I just can't stand that flog of a Geelong coach. I hope the tigers bury these bloody cats.

Back