Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Doing fair bit of analysis in first half of Tiges Lions game. So much better analyst then Richo, Ling and Darcy. Put her in the box and get those three dopes to do interviews on ground.

Why single her out though? I mean, look at the rest of them. Luke Darcy, Cameron Ling, Richo. She's comfortably better than them in terms of intelligence and observations. She's knowledgeable, and does her research - unlike the others who just make it up as they go along and really have no idea. I think some people expect her to have to prove herself twofold because she's a woman.

She's not being singled out, just being criticised like any other presenter. There are other threads criticising Darcy or Ling.

I agree with you mate. You’re probably fighting a lost cause here though. So many haters will deny her credit for anything, comment on her appearance, ‘personality’, voice, lack of professional broadcasting background and so on and yet completely fail to recognise the double standard. She’s one of the best in the business in my opinion, many others should get in the bin but it’s cool to shout and pour a bucket of s**t on Daisy. You can use all of the facts and logic you like but they’ll continue to bait you with straw man arguments and then ask if u mad. That’s the calibre of stupid that you are dealing with.
Best in the business, wow.
You havin a laugh?????

I love Daisy Pearce's work as boundary rider. Easily one of the more competent people I've seen in that role. Articulate, knowledgeable, doesn't speak s**t. Unlike every other after-match interview out on the ground, hers are never a complete waste of time. She actually asks the footballers worthwhile questions and you can see the players respect her.

As for the cretins who constantly bag her on these boards, it's helpful to know which people I can ignore

As a boundary rider I don't mind her tbh.

I still don't like the idea of gifting women gigs when just for the tokenism, but Pearce is far from the worst token I have seen.

In fact a lot of her comments seem astute and pertinent, as if she actually knows the game.

Just my opinion.

As a boundary rider I don't mind her tbh.

I still don't like the idea of gifting women gigs when just for the tokenism, but Pearce is far from the worst token I have seen.

In fact a lot of her comments seem astute and pertinent, as if she actually knows the game.

Just my opinion.
who is the worst?

I think last year she was very raw. But she has improved a lot over the journey.

I think her opinions/analysis as boundary riders are far better than Gil McAdam who still is awkward and appears to be a deer in the headlights most times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Her actual analysis can be ok however her timing and fluency is poor. She could do with more training.
I’m not sure why you’re objectively analysing her performance? Surely you should’ve posted: ZOMG 5head, token bogan voice woman would not bang get in da bin haha.

Get rid of Richo before her. He had a shocker last night. In regard to the Hawkins incident which is clear as day, he stated “they will wait for the medical results before charging...”. Carey and even Bruce refuted his comments “ no, there is enough evidence right there Richo....”.

She can get f’ed. Didnt ask Hawkins about smashing schofield in the face
Get rid of Richo before her. He had a shocker last night. In regard to the Hawkins incident which is clear as day, he stated “they will wait for the medical results before charging...”. Carey and even Bruce refuted his comments “ no, there is enough evidence right there Richo....”.
This is the problem these days. Commentators more concerned about being nice and matey with the players rather than doing their job.

She has periods within a game where she's a bumbling mess. Her voice goes a bit more squeaky than usual. Getting better every year. I'd say Abby Holmes is a lot better so I'd rather they give her more air time. In saying that channel 7 will stick with her for the next ten years.
I'd rather Ling Richo BT and Darcy go before her.
Channel 7 needs a huge shake up.
Daisy Thomas and Jobe Watson were very good the other week.

Yikes. Is that verbatim? Sounds like she is channelling Effie or Kylie Mole
Textbook example of the dribble she provides. Gets fed statistics through an earpiece or verbalises the most basic of assumptions about the game at hand, and the yuppies deem that "analysis" as nothing short of legendary.

I think it's fair enough to bag Richo and Lingy - they're terrible. But Daisy Pearce isn't far behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back