Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what I want an answer for:

It's 3/4 time. We are ahead. The game is still very much up for grabs. Nic Nat has just had a rest. When he is on, he influences our clearances massively. Despite this, he starts the 3rd quarter on the bench. For 10 full fricken minutes. Cats go bang, bang, bang and it's game over.

Then, belatedly, Nic comes back on.

For me, there are only 2 possibilities:

1) our sports scientists are *ed

2) Nic is that unfit, that he needs a rest, on top of, the rest at 3 quarter time.

And I have a very hard time believing that Nic is that unfit

When he isn't on the damn ground, when the game is up for grabs, and Geelong have the game won in the time he he isn't on the field, serious questions must be asked.

This is what I want an answer for:

It's 3/4 time. We are ahead. The game is still very much up for grabs. Nic Nat has just had a rest. When he is on, he influences our clearances massively. Despite this, he starts the 3rd quarter on the bench. For 10 full fricken minutes. Cats go bang, bang, bang and it's game over.

Then, belatedly, Nic comes back on.

For me, there are only 2 possibilities:

1) our sports scientists are ******ed

2) Nic is that unfit, that he needs a rest, on top of, the rest at 3 quarter time.

And I have a very hard time believing that Nic is that unfit

When he isn't on the damn ground, when the game is up for grabs, and Geelong have the game won in the time he he isn't on the field, serious questions must be asked.

You’re referring to the fourth quarter I assume and unless my eyes were deceiving me, I’m pretty sure Nic did start that quarter, just as he did the three others.

For a finals loss, I'm surprisingly okay with this. Disappointing for sure, but honestly, it's probably where we deserved to finish after a very up and down year.

I feel much the same. Felt our season ended by losing in round 23. ****ed it up right there. As much as it's nice to be hopeful and think we can pull off 3 away wins to grab a flag, you really need some star-aligning stuff to get the right opponents and the right things happening to pull it off. Needless to say, it's rarely ever done.

Our best chance at winning flags is top 2, get two home finals and then take care of business from there. We could still do it from 3rd or 4th, but we'd need to pull off that first final win. Coulda done it this year, Cats and Brisbane were ripe for the picking first week of finals, but we were just in the wrong spot for it.

5th and lower, it's just finals experience really.

You’re referring to the fourth quarter I assume and unless my eyes were deceiving me, I’m pretty sure Nic did start that quarter, just as he did the three others.

If he was indeed on the ground to start the last quarter, he must have done the first centre bounce, and going pretty much straight to the bench

I will review this again tommorow

Hope you dont mind me posting, I know your hurting.

I admire your club, both of our clubs has risen at the same time and I have zero doubt you will be contending again next year and a few years after that. The loss hurts now, yet you had the worse week in the lead up and I cant imagine how your players felt. Good sides have pride, and your team showed that for a quarter and a half.

Out of the other 17 clubs, yours is the one I was worried about the most, and that is meant with respect. Awesome side. Anyway, I just felt compelled to post as I know how your feeling, being beaten by a lesser side due to circumstances outside of your control. It will pass as you have a lot to be proud about what your side has achieved.

/respect

Appreciate these words. TBH, I don't really care for Richmond nor do I really care seeing so many flogs in brand new Jeep sponsored shirts walking around Perth lately. But I do respect your club getting itself back into power.

I feel this flag is again your destiny this year. Enjoy it. As you know, it may be a long time between drinks.

Same. Dont care. Wont watch. Just wanna read how we are going to improve.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do agree... However should it be a Richmond v Collingwood Grand Final... well it will be a sight. I will avoid all the pre game horrors and as disgusting VFL fapping it will be, the game itself is going to be fascinating viewing I think. All I know is that we won’t be posting on here in the aftermath, I think the servers are going to be in meltdown for the evening 😂 Get the popcorn out if otherwise LOL!

+ We are no longer the hunted. Less expectations, media to write us off etc. you know how we do
+ We fought hard just weren’t good enough
+ Jetta almost decking that flog Hawkins before the game
+ Gaff can still kick goals 😱😍
+ Next year is 2020 time to win a flag in an 0 year

- Wtf was the first quarter
- The MCG narrative may start again
- We obviously ran over a black cat cos we couldn’t get much right. Dropped marks, stupid decisions in defense and inside 50. Just wasn’t our night
- Boys in tears 😓
- Rioli ☹️
- I don’t give a * who wins the flag now
- Gonna be a long 7 months

I do agree... However should it be a Richmond v Collingwood Grand Final... well it will be a sight. I will avoid all the pre game horrors and as disgusting VFL fapping it will be, the game itself is going to be fascinating viewing I think. All I know is that we won’t be posting on here in the aftermath, I think the servers are going to be in meltdown for the evening Get the popcorn out if otherwise LOL!
Nope. Literally wont watch.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gov has got let off the hook pretty easy in this thread

He probably cost is 4 goals this game

I am not a fan of Carey, but he was spot on with Gov in the first 60 seconds:

"Jeremy McGovern refuses to show Tom Hawkins any respect. He won't man up"

10 seconds later, Hawkins marks and goals

I love Gov, but on occasion he needs to man up. Tight. Exactly the same thing happened against the swans earlier in the year; Gov refused to man up against Lance Franklin and we got smoked

We were never up for it in 2019. Getting smashed by Port, Geelong, Sydney (who were 15th at the time) and then finally capitulating to Hawthorn to secure a top 4 spot is not what reigning premiers should do if they're any chance of going b2b.

It was pretty obvious that we had some glaring problems n 2019, which just never seemed to get addressed.

Bitterly disappointing season.

-'s

- Barrass has been horrific all year and was no different tonight. Should play Rd 1 in the WAFL next year and be made to earn his spot back. Disgraceful second half of the year especially .
- Midfield was pants. Our contested work was non-existent, (smashed in contested possessions: 151-128). Need to find another strong midfielder this off season. Far too 1 dimensional at present.
- Redden looked slow and fumbly, not up to it tonight
- Yeo despite pretty solid stats was miles off the pace, Dangerfield smashed him, particularly in the last.
- Shuey;'s worst game in a while, far too many turnovers.
- Sheed, simply embarrassing tonight. Back to early 2018 level.
- Our defence has been garbage the second half this season and was once again tonight. Really need to reassess our structure down there. Gov, Schoey and Barrass all s**t tonight. Hurn unfortunately on 1 leg, which inhibited him, but he still put in a valiant effort.
- Jetta was trying too many things tonight, did too much damage by making some egregious turnovers at inopportune moments.
- Some pretty serious questions need to be asked about Kennedy this off season. Can he go round again or will he remain a liability as he was the second part of this season? Hard to say at this point. True club legend and deserves to make the call himself, but his second half of the year was very, very poor.

+'s
- Gaff was pretty good. Still needs to clear up his disposal.
- Nic wasn't capable of backing up after last week but he was still pretty solid. Hopefully he can have an actual pre season and attack 2020 at full strength.
- Ryan's second quarter
- We weren't belted, despite looking like we were going to be in the first. Strong fightback up until the last quarter (which was awful).

I love Gov, but on occasion he needs to man up. Tight. Exactly the same thing happened against the swans earlier in the year; Gov refused to man up against Lance Franklin and we got smoked

Everyone hero worships him yet he never ever plays on anyone. He is a very good player but again only on his terms. Sometimes you just have to do a job as a back man and stop someone, he hates any type of body contact and if he can change that he could end up an all time great player.

This is a coaching issue not a gov issue.

Gov is the best intercept mark in tbe game. Let him do his bread and butter. Why on earth was he manned up on their full forward then? We needed someone to be accountable for him from the bounce (ie schofield) and that change happened 2 goals too late.

This is a coaching issue not a gov issue.

Gov is the best intercept mark in tbe game. Let him do his bread and butter. Why on earth was he manned up on their full forward then? We needed someone to be accountable for him from the bounce (ie schofield) and that change happened 2 goals too late.

Rubbish, finals are about one on one. He needs to stand up and take his man like the other backs have to when it gets tough and it’s not on our terms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back