Review Geelong defeats WC by 20 points. GO you Good things!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t disappoint mate. Still the best.

my thanks CE; I probably don't deserve your praise after I failed to hold the line last week, you were far more composed than I was - the Cats hit back really strongly tonight though and put the season in a whole new perspective.
Great contributions from young, old and in-between in holding out a really no-bullsh*t Eagles outfit. Got contributions everywhere, and we needed them.

Gotta say, I think Esava has been one of the biggest pluses from this year; he is one I have backed to the hilt and he was brilliant tonight after being ok last week ..

We need him again.. warner must have failed again. ..Disapointed with the basketball result ..yet great result for us... there is a biit of Sienfeld the balance about tonight ..
The better game style suite 2e so much more... his kicking is still gone off I think. .. just a shame now Clark or Duncan in that side tonight it would have made us better..
Ablett is a worry I feel ..he is running around carrying something..

Burns and Khawaja at the top of the order for me moving forward I think - Warner keeps his ODI spot for the time being.

2e was very good tonight, thanks for bringing him up; often gets highlighted when he messes up (and I am as guilty as any) but he was pretty assured tonight - maybe could have hit some more targets as you implied TC ..

I'd love to see Clark back in this side.

I actually think Fort is the best like for like for Hawkins that we have. Sits deep, likes a wrestle, is good for a few goals from opportunities. Just don't put him in the ruck.
Agree, plus no one at the tigers will see him coming. He's tall enough for one on one marking contests and the tigers wouldn't have pout any thought into him.

Was it eye-gouging level. If not, then a 50 dollar fine. Or whatever that GWS thug got.

Froggin *this*

If Greene is somehow playing this week then Hawkins plays next week, let us not muck around here - Hawkins has been the AFL's fall guy on more than one occasion; if he is cited the Cats gotta throw Denis Denuto and the whole caboodle at his defense.

It was more than a game.
The demons of doubt were buried tonight
Defeat transformed into motivation
Questions of performance anxiety answered.
Satisfaction of sticking to your doubters
Pride of meeting the challenge.
Confidence that the plan works restored.
Self belief galvanized
The cats are on a mission,
Redemption awaits

Another final where blicavs primary opponent is best man for the opposition. This streak is becoming better then the undertakers.

Blitz didn't really play on him though. Both did what they wanted for the whole game. If he'd been told to stick with Gaff, he'd likely have nullified him completely like Sydney's Kennedy a couple of years back.

If Geelong are the hunter rather than the hunted with this list now they win 9/10 times. The tackling pressure only came in the second half last week but was there from the start this time. They just scrapped at the right moments and won a lot more 50/50 contests.

Except for that barren run late in the third quarter conversion was also improved. Many cases of big forwards nailing their set shots and each time it gave the boys a lift. Selwood with his settler. He was a hero tonight. One of the best finals performances of the past couple of years because he made everyone stand taller and genuinely had a positive influence on every bit of play he was involved in.

Another final where blicavs primary opponent is best man for the opposition. This streak is becoming better then the undertakers.
Do you have the capacity to talk about anything positive? Like, ever. I agree Blicavs was destroyed but balance it out with one of the many things that were done right. Players who won their position. Or does that not hold any interest for you?

It was more than a game.
The demons of doubt were buried tonight
Defeat transformed into motivation
Questions of performance anxiety answered.
Satisfaction of sticking to your doubters
Pride of meeting the challenge.
Confidence that the plan works restored.
Self belief galvanized
The cats are on a mission,
Redemption awaits
Do you not remember the semi final from a couple of years ago against the swans. That was a far more promising win. Back to our old ways the next week once thepressure was off the club again. Only a prelim win can redeem this team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my thanks CE; I probably don't deserve your praise after I failed to hold the line last week, you were far more composed than I was - the Cats hit back really strongly tonight though and put the season in a whole new perspective.
Great contributions from young, old and in-between in holding out a really no-bullsh*t Eagles outfit. Got contributions everywhere, and we needed them.

Gotta say, I think Esava has been one of the biggest pluses from this year; he is one I have backed to the hilt and he was brilliant tonight after being ok last week ..
The few clunks and conversions were exciting. The other 10 he crashed a pack to bring the ball to ground were 10 situations we were unable to thwart Moore or Howe last week. His change of role and performance was worth 5 goals at least tonight.

Thought Kolo was very impressive.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

he was massive early; the best football I have ever seen him play - Chris Scott said he was Peter Knights-like in the presser .. wasn't as impactful in the 2nd half, but he was supreme aerially and seemed really switched on with ball in hand, too.

I can move this to the “I was wrong” thread for you if you’d like. :D

few might need to put their hands up for Esava, too - seen a few surprisingly impatient posts surrounding this guy; hasn't even played 30 games, already the most promising post-Pods 2nd KF player we've had on our list imo - might get a chance next week to show how he goes as the main man, too, with Hawkins sure to come under scrutiny (Hawkins should be fine though; surely??).

he was massive early; the best football I have ever seen him play - Chris Scott said he was Peter Knights-like in the presser .. wasn't as impactful in the 2nd half, but he was supreme aerially and seemed really switched on with ball in hand, too.
One poor dropped mark (and one tougher one where Taylor's chip was poor) aside, he was great. Solid intercept marks, plenty of late spoils and generally seemed to position himself better. Got done by two goals out the back but he repelled plenty with attacking positioning too. Importantly he moved the ball quickly and often with the 45 degree chip inside. No real mistakes with ball in hand and actually set up some nice possession chains.

I got stuck into him last week so it's only fair that I put my hand up and commend his response this week.

Scott & the MC were rightly criticised last week for the decision to not play a ruck.

After tonight they should be applauded for how they went about things - we had a plan that worked in the first quarter and set up the game. And while we gave up the lead during the 3rd quarter, whatever was said at the 3/4 time break clearly had an impact

Gutsy effort from the players and some good work by those in the coaches box

Unsure about applauding them. When a mistake is so clear, yet not take responsibility for it; it's hard to allow empathy. The way Scott was so indignant about it was beyond normal behaviour.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was sad to see Gaz going through the motions tonight, looks absolutely cooked, fair to say when we are done he is done (forever)

wow, really Grimoz ? He was fine; good even, I thought - are you expecting him to be best on ground? He never even really dominated any of our finals wins during his first stint with the Cats.

I thought he was a very good contributor tonight; his disciplined tackling was very important at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back