Free Agency Brandon Ellis [Signs for Gold Coast, Richmond receive #39 compensation]

Remove this Banner Ad

It's wing or bust. Trust me. you dont want him anywhere near the backline.
What? He spends the majority of game time in defence, 64% of his disposals are in the back half, plus he's ranked 4th for average effective disposals and 5th for total effective disposals, add that to 9th for turnovers and 21st for clangers shows he's reliable back there.

What? He spends the majority of game time in defence, 64% of his disposals are in the back half, plus he's ranked 4th for average effective disposals and 5th for total effective disposals, add that to 9th for turnovers and 21st for clangers shows he's reliable back there.
Yeah but not as a defender. I can't remember him starting in the backline once this season. He gets back and helps out, sure, but his best footy is in space where he can use his elite running ability.
Why is that, disposal or his defensive ability?
He's not a very good defender. As above.

If Brando does end up at another team, their supporters will be staggered by how many times he seems to just throw the ball on the boot in a contested situation for an up and under kick yet manages to maintain a respectable disposal efficiency, it's a big part of why he's a bit of a whipping boy at Richmond.

Yeah but not as a defender. I can't remember him starting in the backline once this season. He gets back and helps out, sure, but his best footy is in space where he can use his elite running ability.

He's not a very good defender. As above.
ellis is a good defender, its crap, he is labelled a poor one, our backline is very solid and short, ellis and houli can be shakey at times but have seen astbury, grimes and broad make howlers too...brando is a sweeper down there but some of the tigers fan expect him to be smashing packs or 3rd man over the top or intercept marking but it rarely happens coz he knows it aint his role.

ellis is a good defender, its crap, he is labelled a poor one, our backline is very solid and short, ellis and houli can be shakey at times but have seen astbury, grimes and broad make howlers too...brando is a sweeper down there but some of the tigers fan expect him to be smashing packs or 3rd man over the top or intercept marking but it rarely happens coz he knows it aint his role.

Yes, indeed.

Will be a fine acquisition for North, Saints, Suns, whoever is lucky enough to get him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reported he is chasing the cash, asked for more when we missed out on cogs and was removed from our thoughts as a result.

My understanding is that it was more to do with Teague being locked in as coach. When he was named officially it became his call and he was against it.

Well he played his best football in years where richmond were not a strong team and even was in the AA squad , Ellis has averaged over 22 touhes through out his career. I think the Tigers have better options coming through and the salary demands would be too high for Richmond to match but he is 26 and played 170+ games and is extremely durable with a great training and work ethic. Would be the type of player that would push the younger suns players on and off the field and being a free hit its just cap space.

Just did a quick comparison to Jack Martin for those that may be interested
Completely different players?
Why compare those two.

Completely different players?
Why compare those two.
In which way ? They are almost identical in size weight and also their contested/uncontested poss breakup and even their DE% is just about identical
Have a good look at the numbers as they dont lie. bith players play similar games when you look from the outside without richmond/Gold Coast glasses

His motivation is what I would question, from everything we know he is just looking for big cash to retire on.

Could easily be a guy that relaxes after the 1st year and just collects the pay check, down side for you guys is no one looking for anything else is going to go up there.
He’s had a hard upbringing and Is chasing the most money he can now because he supports his whole family. In earlier years he signed the first contract offered him without zero fuss can’t blame him for putting his family first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back