Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

So you’re either counting or keeping an eye on the free kick count
Yep. You’re looking for something to whinge abouy

If you’re hating watching the game that much, turn it off. Why keep watching a game that you’re not a fan of, if it’s making you that angry?

Are you kidding?
I’m not looking for it, the umps are shoving it down our traits with them constantly stopping the play to award a feee to someone

Jezza showing why he's the Coleman winner. Brisbane bringing pressure but feel they need a bit more clash and dash to have a chance. Giants are experienced finals campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah imo on the ball he's fair game, go in as hard as you can and test that arm of his out with a crunching tackle or bump. Well off the ball though i'm not a fan of the constant and unnecessary niggle of it.

This. There is a time and place for aggression. And thats on ball in-play. Otherwise keep yourself. Who honestly wants to see constant hits and niggles to players off-ball anymore? I wouldnt consider that "hard and tough" footy anymore.

I recall a whole week of media whining over Stratton hitting Cameron in the arm in a similar way. Led to two weeks for pinching.
Exactly. I hated seeing the pinching and similarly constantly hitting a player injured or not is not in the spirit of the game. They’re just cheap shots trying to antagonise an opponent.

That's for players down injured or trying to go off injured, if you come back out you are not injured and thus fair game
fair enough didnt really know just went off that tweet. i swear they bought in some sort of rule after those baker/johnson incidents though but cant remember

Are you kidding?
I’m not looking for it, the umps are shoving it down our traits with them constantly stopping the play to award a feee to someone
You’re not looking for it...but it’s all you’re talking about, and you’re tracking the stats...

As I said. Why would you watch a game of a team you don’t follow, that apparently is so horrible to watch and is making you this angry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back