Review Geelong defeats WC by 20 points. GO you Good things!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

You dont think hes fit?

I think he is someone you could pump a lot effort and hope into ... and come up dry.

I remember a line in Moneyball where they discussed a player having an ugly girlfriend .. and to them it underlined an insecure ego. A guy with the talents of Rohan should be burning.. he is quick , can jump , can mark , can kick .. and he will just hoover up all the chances we give him. I struggle to remember a guy started with such white hot form and go as cold as ice ..as he has this year...

Rohan , to be fair , may also be like one of those horses that only like firm ground and feeling fresh. Maybe he was at his best when injury free and nagging body free from hurt. I think id rather go for someone else. Id rather Buzza , Id not doubt his 100% effort.

In a way I wish thai had happened earlier in the year ..and Hawk had missed 3 ... we would have a better handle on the answers. History say CS gos with the known..so Taylor and henderson.

Krueger would be a wild card brave call ..

No still angry about last week why could the players not do that last week takes another bad final to come out and play like finals should be played

It’s a great point.

I’m not happy about making a preliminary final because we got knocked out in an elimination final last year.

Why couldn’t we just make the top four last year?

Boy I’m angry.

I think Taylor would do as good as if not better than Stanley in the forward line. It seems likely that Rohan will be fit, in the case of Hawkins out then Rohan in would be the most logical solution. Blicavs will almost certainly take Lynch anyway leaving Kolo on Riewoldt.
Taylor's useful to run down and spend 5 minutes a qtr up there but not permanently. He doesn't mark as well up forward when he has a defender permanently hanging off him and it would be Richmonds best defender. Needs to drift across a pack. Stanley is risky but he does have the ability to outbody full backs and is quick off the mark. Danger is the best bet though. Play an open forward line and allow danger to go one on one with space.

A real finals performance last night. Heart, commitment, desire and a real will to win. Everyone contributed. We are still there and while there's life, there's hope.

Bring that heat and effort again and we give ourselves a big chance. That's all you can ask for.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Taylor's useful to run down and spend 5 minutes a qtr up there but not permanently. He doesn't mark as well up forward when he has a defender permanently hanging off him and it would be Richmonds best defender. Needs to drift across a pack. Stanley is risky but he does have the ability to outbody full backs and is quick off the mark. Danger is the best bet though. Play an open forward line and allow danger to go one on one with space.
If Taylor can get one-out he is a very good mark, I seem to remember him giving Rance a bath two years ago in a h&a game. Stanley will be needed in the ruck and his kicking for goal is not good enough to play a full game as a key forward. Danger will undoubtedly play some time forward but will be needed in the mid-field, pity we don't have two of him.

Good post. Seems a bit cliquey with posters that defend every decision the club makes then others that can be ultra critical to those that linger in between. We are aloud to have opinions , no need to get all defensive and narky because opinions don’t sit well with whatever thoughts others may have.

My opinion is that stupid opinions and arguments are fair game.

If people persist with these, with the argument “I’m allowed to have an opinion”, despite being proven wrong then it’s too bad when they are run over by a Mack truck later on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opinion is that stupid opinions and arguments are fair game.

If people persist with these, with the argument “I’m allowed to have an opinion”, despite being proven wrong then it’s too bad when they are run over by a Mack truck later on.

Yep, everyone is allowed to express an opinion....... as you've just done.

I get what you're saying, and agree to some extent, but I still don't see the childish need to belittle posters in an effort to prove you're (not you personally!) the smartest kid in the playground, which occurs a little too often here...... Imo 😂

Would hope when Duncan comes back we play him off half back. His ball use coming out of there is elite and I think we still lack a class kick off the half back line.

Just look at what a bad kick in defense did for the Eagles tonight.
He won't play again this year. Medial ligaments need respect, 6 weeks.

He said post game he'd be 'touch and go'.

He was foxing huh?

They love their mind games at the GFC.
Guthrie said on 774 that unfortunately, he's done a decent knee injury. Was an excellent interview btw. We knew that already, but he would be a liability if strapped up to the hilt. Potential for further damage is high if he played too soon.

Yep, everyone is allowed to express an opinion....... as you've just done.

I get what you're saying, and agree to some extent, but I still don't see the childish need to belittle posters in an effort to prove you're (not you personally!) the smartest kid in the playground, which occurs a little too often here...... Imo 😂
Probably more likely that we’re all competing to be found out to be the loudest kid in the room. Everyone seems smart with the hindsight to prove our opinions - which at best are guesses.

Probably more likely that we’re all competing to be found out to be the loudest kid in the room. Everyone seems smart with the hindsight to prove our opinions - which at best are guesses.

Talking of guesses....... I can't take one cos I have no idea what to think about next week 😯

You?

Talking of guesses....... I can't take one cos I have no idea what to think about next week 😯

You?

It depends on a fast start and resolve.

It has nothing to do with who is the superior team or who has form. Form can be created for one game at a time with the right attitude.

Our game will be similar to the Pies and the Eagles vs Richmond. All three teams tweaked and developed the kick mark possession game based on Richmond’s rush the ball forward game play.

So it’s a good test.

The Eagles dominated against Richmond in the dry. So it can work quite well. Richmond came back when it became more of a ground ball game.

That being said, Geelong is a contested ball team as well. So we can back ourselves when it comes to ground ball. Especially in our forward half (and probably our back half - based on the miserly scores we keep team to). We proved this against Richmond this year. Their form has improved, but their personal remains the same. As Scott said, he doesn’t think our form has changed as much as theirs. So assuming both are peaking right now, it will be interesting.

Richmond will be rested, but rusty. The Cats have had two games in a row at the MCG and they defended it really well on the weekend, so I’d say they have their eye in. The concept of home team advantage, specifically familiarity with the ground, would fall to the Cats if we want to consider the two games in a row of match practise we’ve had there. Defending the ground against the Eagles, who are so good at spreading teams around with their game style is a serious effort. It required a complete team effort.

Richmond love to pressure opposition backs. So do we. We have been the overall best at this for the season.

I’d love to see who Grimes goes to. He’ll want to lock them down and take them out of the game. Lucky for us, we don’t really have an elite small forward who he can blanket. He might go to Ablett, but he isn’t really a goal kicker, and likes to go up in the midfield.

I wonder if Atkins goes to Valastuin. He’s one of the keys to me. Pretty much McGovern/Stewart. If he is marking and running up the ground then we are in a lot of trouble.

Astbury goes to Sav with Valastuin coming in to chop out. Meaning that someone like Rohan can be used on the lead. Having no Hawkins actually matches both teams up correctly. Their small backs and tall towards vs our tall backs and smaller forwards.

Tiredness won’t be a factor due to the pre-finals bye. Injuries may be a factor. But then again, these guys are professionals. They get strapped and jabbed and whatever.

Hawkins will go. Bloody stupid and unnecessary. Does it all too often. Disappointing.

I hope the club rips Hawkins a new orifice. He does the dumb stuff too often and tonight has risked his team’s chances to win a prelim. So so dumb, and so unsurprising.

Hawkins so so dumb AND bloody stupid?!? - that's unpossible.

Got away w what appeared to be a helluva shove in the back for that touched mark n goal in the last....remember Tombo, not ALL calls are out to get ya.

Not influential but thought young Narkle improved dramatically off his first final last week.

Was clean and contributed
Not dismissing the win, composure and effort required, however, last weeks final, and those in the recent past we've lost, have been played in packed cauldrons full of rabid (mostly opposition) fans....not the two wins* we've had v's elim final winners from outta state in a half empty mcg.

*Ishank's spray wide notwithstanding

Has Scott or anyone else talked about Hawkins.

Apparently he was having a lovely breakfast on Swan yesterday smiling and laughing - clearly the MRO decision wasn't cutting him too deeply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back