Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Get f’ed Giants!!!

Really don't get the hate for the plucky GWS Giants, I really don't !!!

Anyhow props to the fantastic Giants, one of their best and courageous wins in their short history

Kept telling all my mates during the year that the Lions have improved markedly, but just never felt they were good enough YET to get anywhere in the finals.

And then going out in straight sets after playing both games at home proves I was right

Wow. That was a great game of footy.

Briz cost themselves that game, bad kicking at goal, 2 posters and nobody able to mark inside 50 in the last quarter, GW$ under siege and survived.

Everyone laughing at us.

We were a bottom 4 club for how long, this was a bloody amazing season. 3 points away from a Prelim against a team with what, 4 years straight finals experience?

Bloody proud of my club, boys, which a lot of them are, gave everything. A throw in the end got them the win but we wasted chances.

Bring on the next few years with this team.

No one should be laughing.

A good tough game that the Umps tried to kill with some shocking calls going both ways.

See you next year in the finals again

As for the throw, your last goal Hipwood pushed our bloke in the back. So all square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rough way to go for the Lions, but bloody hell they are set for the future.

Lack of experience probably cost them this year, but they'll be in a grand final in the next couple of years 100%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back