Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Insane game. Tough loss for Brisbane, but the Giants defended superbly when it mattered.

The true test for Brisbane is next season. They'll either take a step forward or backwards.

Best game of the year so far. Gripping stuff - so many great contests. The GWS backline were epic in the last quarter.
It was great to see, foreshadowing next weeks matchup against Collingwood’s similar forward line. Although as a viewer the repetitive nature of the lions entries left equally predictable 2v1s in GWS’s favour.

Firstly I hope that GWS gets murdered next week , murdered. Secondly the umpiring was so out of order I wondered what I was watching.
Thirdly the winner only won because the loser who had all the momentum but couldn't kick a score, which is a trait that has crept into this second rate game that is played now .
With whistle blowers every where destroying the matches with boundless free kicks for what, half we don't know, ruck contests there should be no infringements as big Gawn says its ruck craft you half wit , well he should have said you effing pea brained umpire.
I am sick of talentless kicks for goal , and the umpire deciding who gets advantages and who doesn't.
Game is just horrible , and yet people scream and shout still and they are watching second class sh*t and don't even know it.

The game is called FOOT BALL you are supposed to be able to kick goals, sh(t your supposed top be able to kick full stop.
But the problem is every where, GWS I hope they get mangled , they shouldn't even be in the AFL, and Brisbane what a disappointment, so many CHANCES AND SUCH A P**S WEAK PERFORMANCE , BALL IN THE FORWARD LINE MOST OF THE TIME HAD THE GAME AND THEIR OPPOSITION BY THE THROAT, AND PEED THEIR PANTS AND CAN'T KICK A BLEEDING DECENT SCORE, AND PEOPLE TELL ME THAT THEY DON'T RECKON THE STANDARD HAS DROPPED BECAUSE OF THE RING INS FROM GC17 AND GWS WHO SHOULDN'T EVEN EXIST.
God help us if this plastic manufactured garbage gws wins a flag.
I am definitely hating the AFL at the moment , we should have 16 teams at the most, but money and AFL help, has put a piece of fake garbage up there with the real teams.
Are you OK?

I’ll never not be Swans first. But it’s awesome barracking for the little bro when we’re out of it. The Vic Vitriol makes it so worth it.

I'd love GWS to win the whole thing just to see the melts everywhere. Premiership player Toby Greene would get up so many people's noses that it would be brilliant to see.

I predicted Brisbane straight sets a while back but didn’t voice the speculation cos I thought it was harsh - hopefully they can bounce back next year, on paper they’ll only get better - but they’re a young team and who knows how they’ll go.

Zach Williams - 13 disposals @ 100% efficiency, 2 inside 50s, 5 rebound 50s, 5 tackles, 7 intercept possessions. Elite all-round player.

Ended up with 17 disposals @ 100% efficiency w/456 metres gained, 2 inside 50s, 8 rebound 50s, 6 tackles, 5 one percenters and 8 intercept possessions. Perfect game in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Sydney's West is going wild!!!

7hlx4tb.jpg

The Giants leave rent free in the minds of your lot.

Fancy having the biggest rivals of your club being a 10 year's old expansion club from Western Sydney lol

Just because the team you wanted to win didn't doesn't mean they were robbed.

This is correct. But they were. As a totally neutral observer, some of the umpiring was borderline biased.

Especially bewildering decisions leading to GWS goals in the first half. It was farcical.

The only question which remains is-

Who beats Collingwood in the GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back