Game Day Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants - Semi Finals - Sat 14 Sep, 7:25PM AEST, Gabba. No umpire complaints until after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Brisbane fans are proud and have a right to be; but you just got eliminated in straight sets against 2 interstate teams at home. That is not something to be proud of.
Thanks for telling me how I should feel after 10 years of mediocrity. * off mate, 16 wins and winning more games than the last 3 seasons combined is something to be proud of, even if the last two weeks have been disappointing.

I know Brisbane fans are proud and have a right to be; but you just got eliminated in straight sets against 2 interstate teams at home. That is not something to be proud of.

??

Greene, Hopper, GWS defence excellent throughout.

Poor game planning from the Lions, far too many wasted entries, then poor shooting when they had the chance. Finals experience showed for the Giants.

Stef and Zorko did well in the midfield (and Lyons increasingly as the game progressed) but Neale was disappointing, especially with all the contested ball late.

Thanks for telling me how I should feel after 10 years of mediocrity. fu** off mate, 16 wins and winning more games than the last 3 seasons combined is something to be proud of, even if the last two weeks have been disappointing.
Disappointed with the losses but I wouldn't be disappointed with the effort of the young lions. They'll be back and harder next year. The experience will help for sure

I think you are misunderstanding things. We’re not hapoy to go out in straight sets but proud of what we achieved for the year. Collingwood lost on its home ground to an interstate team in the grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classic game. Lots of spotfires, lots of courage. Lots of highlights to look back on. Maybe the best came just before the end with that mark by Jarrad Lyons on the wing with the Giants player coming the other way jumping on his head.

Firstly I hope that GWS gets murdered next week , murdered. Secondly the umpiring was so out of order I wondered what I was watching.
Thirdly the winner only won because the loser who had all the momentum but couldn't kick a score, which is a trait that has crept into this second rate game that is played now .
With whistle blowers every where destroying the matches with boundless free kicks for what, half we don't know, ruck contests there should be no infringements as big Gawn says its ruck craft you half wit , well he should have said you effing pea brained umpire.
I am sick of talentless kicks for goal , and the umpire deciding who gets advantages and who doesn't.
Game is just horrible , and yet people scream and shout still and they are watching second class sh*t and don't even know it.

The game is called FOOT BALL you are supposed to be able to kick goals, sh(t your supposed top be able to kick full stop.
But the problem is every where, GWS I hope they get mangled , they shouldn't even be in the AFL, and Brisbane what a disappointment, so many CHANCES AND SUCH A P**S WEAK PERFORMANCE , BALL IN THE FORWARD LINE MOST OF THE TIME HAD THE GAME AND THEIR OPPOSITION BY THE THROAT, AND PEED THEIR PANTS AND CAN'T KICK A BLEEDING DECENT SCORE, AND PEOPLE TELL ME THAT THEY DON'T RECKON THE STANDARD HAS DROPPED BECAUSE OF THE RING INS FROM GC17 AND GWS WHO SHOULDN'T EVEN EXIST.
God help us if this plastic manufactured garbage gws wins a flag.
I am definitely hating the AFL at the moment , we should have 16 teams at the most, but money and AFL help, has put a piece of fake garbage up there with the real teams.

I'd like to ;ike your post, I agree with the general observstions, except that I really hope GWS win a flag soon just to stick it up the peoplke who mock them.

I think the rest of the problem is that the AFL keep changing rules trying to "speed up the game" to the point where players are just too exhausted to think clearly or execute skills. So teams recruit and train for fitness and effort over skills, which leads us to the poor standards of the modern game. Umpires too, this game didn't get interesting til the umpires got fatigued and stopped blowing their whistle at every little thing.

They're the anti Melbourne. Were ordinary most of the year but coming into form, getting players back.

I agree they are nothing like Melbourne. Melbourne have a list full of overrated plodders, and GWS have a list of full of guns. Melbourne were very ordinary for most of last year. Melbourne had beaten none of the eventual top 8 sides until round 22, then got on a roll with some decent wins at the end of the season, so Melbourne and GWS similar from the point of view of chalking up some good wins during the pointy end of the season. Hopefully GWS do better than Melbourne did in their prelim. Much better team than Melbourne, so can certainly win. GWS have the talent to win if they bring the intensity they did against dogs last week.

I'd like to ;ike your post, I agree with the general observstions, except that I really hope GWS win a flag soon just to stick it up the peoplke who mock them.

I think the rest of the problem is that the AFL keep changing rules trying to "speed up the game" to the point where players are just too exhausted to think clearly or execute skills. So teams recruit and train for fitness and effort over skills, which leads us to the poor standards of the modern game. Umpires too, this game didn't get interesting til the umpires got fatigued and stopped blowing their whistle at every little thing.
Send the umps on a 10km run before games. That could help

Luke Hodge probably rethinking his retirement after that game lol

Got a bit of the ball himself, and did a lot of pointing and yelling as always, but also allowed Toby Greene to turn in a BOG performance, and blatantly staged getting eye-gouged after headlocking Greene on the ground early in the game, so how good was he really?

Last edited:
Better team won - Giants just a bit smarter at the end (with the extra finals experience) - Lions should have pushed a few more players behind the ball once they had the lead with about 3 minutes left. The experience of a close finals loss will be a good education for them though.

Have a feeling GWS will give the Pies plenty of trouble next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back