The Browne-Clark-McClure-Barrett Register - Measuring AFL journalist performance at trade time

Who do you think will have the best success rate?

• Sam McClure

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Jay Clark

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Damian Barrett

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Sam Edmund

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • other

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • Tom Browne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitch Cleary

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Tom Morris

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a quick question. Why does no one like Barrett? Every time I see him on something he comes across as a bit stand offish, a bit opinionated, but he does voice some decent things?

Just curious.

Pompous twat responsible for the most moronic weekly article ('Sliding Doors') that's just the brainless s**t that has come to his mind rather than actually being sliding doors.

As much as I hate him, I think Sam McClure has a reasonable track record - I expect him to be one of the better ones (he loves a speculate but tends to at least shy away from more confidence). I think Mitch Cleary will go alright too. Tom Browne will have one of the worst records but will try get on late news to make himself appear wise.

Now I'm interested in seeing whether my observations are correct or is there some confirmation bias in myself?

I have a quick question. Why does no one like Barrett? Every time I see him on something he comes across as a bit stand offish, a bit opinionated, but he does voice some decent things?

Just curious.
Has a habit of trying to make up a narrative around something - he’ll often create the opinion of the fans or players “we don’t like....” “we want to see...”. Also, his weird hatred of Bevo is annoying.

Just curious.

Probably a sign he’s pretty good at his job.

But also I think it’s not much more than he just has a pretty annoying manner. He’s always so serious, so earnest. And he just goes on and on about things in a whiny voice. It’s shallow, but it’s not hard to be disliked when you’re in the public eye.

It should be done, but youd need a team of geeks to keep track of all the sheet spouted at trade time

You could add in all the thins like ‘trade period is too long/too short/too boring’ etc etc

Just curious.

Cause he is a self-righteous flog whom has been caught out many times in past, if not lying, than blowing incidents from players and clubs way out of proportion.

The supporters of the club he follows (North) loathe him with the power of a 1000 suns, that should tell u something.

Subscribed, great to see some accountability for these gossipers

I predict the winner will get less than 15% correct if able to keep track of all sources these guys post on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming from a relative who works for a player management company he absolutely confirms that they deliberately drip feed information to these media bozos and that more often than not they will feed them BS.
Player managers are very smart with how they use the media to their clients advantage. Most will have one though they that feed credible information too and if if you delve deeper it’s not too hard to ascertain which media person is aligned to which player manager. This also applies to clubs aswell as Mark Stevens for instance gets a lot of information from the kennel

Tom Browne on Gameday has doubled down on his Daniher to Sydney story with Essendon using the picks to get Wines from Port

Coming from a relative who works for a player management company he absolutely confirms that they deliberately drip feed information to these media bozos and that more often than not they will feed them BS.
Player managers are very smart with how they use the media to their clients advantage. Most will have one though they that feed credible information too and if if you delve deeper it’s not too hard to ascertain which media person is aligned to which player manager. This also applies to clubs aswell as Mark Stevens for instance gets a lot of information from the kennel

& they are? Say 10 examples to make your point !!

& they are? Say 10 examples to make your point !!
I only know a couple off the top of my head but there would be plenty of others.
Tom Browne cops a lot of crap and is quite often wrong but he does get fed quite a bit by Robbie D’orazio. Nick Bowen is on speed dial to Paul Connors

I hope the scale is only from 0-2... but it goes up to 10.

these people are not Journos.

GO Catters

Back