Coach North Melbourne Football Department Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jay Clark

North Melbourne has overhauled its coaching department and is on the hunt for a new list manager for next season.

The Kangaroos have appointed former Collingwood and Carlton star and Darley coach Heath Scotland to a development role.

Ex-Roo tough nut Leigh Adams will also join the club in a development position.

There will also be two new faces in the divisional line coaching ranks, with long-time Melbourne assistant coach Jade Rawlings coming on as new midfield coach.

Jared Moore will be in charge of stoppages.

Former Hawk Brendan Whitecross will be promoted from a development position into a line coaching position at North.

The changes round out the moves will which will significantly revamp North's coaching box for 2020 under new senior coach Rhyce Shaw.

List chief Michael McMahon, who arrived at the club from Geelong Cats, will leave at the end of the exchange period.

McMahon arrived at the club in 2016 but the Roos have been unable to land a big-name star recruit in-line with its strategy over the past three years.

North Melbourne’s new footy boss Brady Rawlings is orchestrating the changes while he continues in his role as West Coast list manager.

North poached Rawlings from the Eagles mid-year to head up its football department.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jay Clark

North Melbourne has overhauled its coaching department and is on the hunt for a new list manager for next season.

The Kangaroos have appointed former Collingwood and Carlton star and Darley coach Heath Scotland to a development role.

Ex-Roo tough nut Leigh Adams will also join the club in a development position.

There will also be two new faces in the divisional line coaching ranks, with long-time Melbourne assistant coach Jade Rawlings coming on as new midfield coach.

Jared Moore will be in charge of stoppages.

Former Hawk Brendan Whitecross will be promoted from a development position into a line coaching position at North.

The changes round out the moves will which will significantly revamp North's coaching box for 2020 under new senior coach Rhyce Shaw.

List chief Michael McMahon, who arrived at the club from Geelong Cats, will leave at the end of the exchange period.

McMahon arrived at the club in 2016 but the Roos have been unable to land a big-name star recruit in-line with its strategy over the past three years.

North Melbourne’s new footy boss Brady Rawlings is orchestrating the changes while he continues in his role as West Coast list manager.

North poached Rawlings from the Eagles mid-year to head up its football department.

Star is a term bandied about too willingly in my opinion

Just money, probably. Maybe he has a good relationship with Brendan Whitecross?

Surely he'd be odds on the stay at Brisbane.

If he wanted back to Victoria he'd walk into any club.

I don't see us getting a look in TBH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Family would be the pull. If he doesn't want to go to a big 4 or back to Hawthorn we'd have a sniff.
By this rationale were 7th in line at best

Brisbane
Hawthorn
Big 4
Us (if we're best of the rest)

Our chances are remote.

Twinkletoes is our in. He's laid the foundation. We know Hodge told his wife 2 years only and that's how long they leased their house for.

The problem is his wife’s loving living in short shorts and singlet through the winter months and the kids are enjoying playing outside. I suspect they’ll be extending their stay, despite their initial plan to return by the time their eldest lad Cooper was to start yr 7. As for homes owned, they still own their house near us, as well as the Hawthorne QLD one. He loves Fagan as a bloke and I reckon he’ll remain there to dip his foot into coaching before any possible future move back home.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
The problem is his wife’s loving living in short shorts and singlet through the winter months and the kids are enjoying playing outside. I suspect they’ll be extending their stay, despite their initial plan to return by the time their eldest lad Cooper was to start yr 7. As for homes owned, they still own their house near us, as well as the Hawthorne QLD one. He loves Fagan as a bloke and I reckon he’ll remain there to dip his foot into coaching before any possible future move back home.
So, not even the lure of your kids playing together is enough?

Oh please please please let his son get into the Lions' academy then pick them over Hawthorn.

Lol Loader is being retained for another year
We couldn't fire everyone I suppose. It was already a massive overhaul. My bigger worry is Whitecross as an assistant - hopefully he's ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back