Hawkins off the ball hit, weeks or finals discount?

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
I actually don't care if he gets off or not, we'll still win friday.

That wasn't a suspendable offence though.
Of course you don't care if he gets off or not... why else would you have posted 21 times in this thread?

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Many of the posters on this thread simply have agendas or are, like you, an obsessed and irrational Geelong stalker. So I don’t pay any attention to your views, sorry to say-i usually just laugh. So I just chuckled when you compared it to the Clarko hit. Hawkins deserved a week, and a week only, for doing that dumb thing. As did Cotchin in 2017, as did Naitanui last week, as did Tom Mitchell last year (actually that was worth 2 weeks). Guess what though-they all played the next week. Go figure.
It’s a raffle.
You think Cotchin concussing someone while going for the ball is the same level of “dumb” as Hawkins hitting someone off the ball?

I’m not sure you should accuse others of having agendas.

Hawkins got less than Martin and the same as Andrews from this year. They are the comparable incidents.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No idea, don’t tend to keep track of bigfooty weirdos :p
Yep. It is Nakia, the former Bay 13 flog who spent every spare minute on that board angrily shiitposting day in, day out about Hawthorn and obsessively squabbling with his secret crush, Bosk. He raised eyebrows when he took one loss pretty hard and threatened to randomly stab the first Hawthorn fan he bumped into. He never lived that down. Everyone laughed at him and called him 'Stabby', which is probably why he changed his name. So now under his new guise, he casually makes references to his wife and 11yo daughter as though this gives him an air of respectability... Fruitcake... :D

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
You think Cotchin concussing someone while going for the ball is the same level of “dumb” as Hawkins hitting someone off the ball?

I’m not sure you should accuse others of having agendas.

Hawkins got less than Martin and the same as Andrews from this year. They are the comparable incidents.
Nope- Hawkins did a dumber thing but the Cotchin hit was worthy of a week if we are looking at outcomes. Which the mro is. Schofield was up and about and played out the game.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nope- Hawkins did a dumber thing but the Cotchin hit was worthy of a week if we are looking at outcomes. Which the mro is. Schofield was up and about and played out the game.
But that’s not all they look at...
Off the ball has always drawn harsher punishments.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep but it’s low impact and they have made a big commitment to outcome as the pertinent factor.
Tom Mitchell was off the ball.
Mitchell should’ve been done

Either way. There’s no point referencing past years. Ablett got off the first two strikes this year then done for the third. Which was almost identical. Martin got two weeks for something similar to hawkins. Andrews got one.

Why go back years when you have similar incidents from this year drawing the same or higher penalties?

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Mitchell should’ve been done

Either way. There’s no point referencing past years. Ablett got off the first two strikes this year then done for the third. Which was almost identical. Martin got two weeks for something similar to hawkins. Andrews got one.

Why go back years when you have similar incidents from this year drawing the same or higher penalties?
Yep and Martin got a week. Hawkins got a week. No real issue with that. More with the inconsistency and the silly claims that it was worth more than one week.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
It's obvious. It didn't deserve a suspension imo.

It won't change the result of the prelim.

Cats wont win it. They are limping along, only just did enough v Eagles and the Tigers will be rested and hungry.

And as for you view on a suspension, everyone other than bias Cats supporters say different.

Last edited:

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Still not following

If it’s been consistent over the three similar incidents this year, then this decision is consistent and there’s no issue, yeah?
This is like the Monty python do you want an argument skit.
I am fine that Martin and Hawkins got a week for similar incidents.
I am not happy with the overall inconsistency that the MRO seems to have regarding things like outcomes/intention/, things like the ‘playing in the finals’ discount ( Naitanui).
Ok? That’s enough-think I am being pretty clear.

Yep. It is Nakia, the former Bay 13 flog who spent every spare minute on that board angrily shiitposting day in, day out about Hawthorn and obsessively squabbling with his secret crush, Bosk. He raised eyebrows when he took one loss pretty hard and threatened to randomly stab the first Hawthorn fan he bumped into. He never lived that down. Everyone laughed at him and called him 'Stabby', which is probably why he changed his name. So now under his new guise, he casually makes references to his wife and 11yo daughter as though this gives him an air of respectability... Fruitcake... :D

You left out his blatant homophobia

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is like the Monty python do you want an argument skit.
I am fine that Martin and Hawkins got a week for similar incidents.
I am not happy with the overall inconsistency that the MRO seems to have regarding things like outcomes/intention/, things like the ‘playing in the finals’ discount ( Naitanui).
Ok? That’s enough-think I am being pretty clear.
Was natanui playing in finals discount or Merrett was being an instigating dick and they applied leeway from that?

It’s just weird you claim people in here have an agenda against hawkins, but agree that he should’ve been suspended.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
_
Was natanui playing in finals discount or Merrett was being an instigating dick and they applied leeway from that?

It’s just weird you claim people in here have an agenda against hawkins, but agree that he should’ve been suspended.
Well, interesting you say that -my understanding is that they don’t take account of provocation. In anycase can’t see how that absolves Naitanui. Was worth a week. Simple.
Re agendas, if you haven’t noticed backy’s obsession with Geelong, not my problem.
I reckon I have been pretty fair here. You seem to be spoiling for a fight and I can’t be bothered.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
_

Well, interesting you say that -my understanding is that they don’t take account of provocation. In anycase can’t see how that absolves Naitanui. Was worth a week. Simple.
Re agendas, if you haven’t noticed backy’s obsession with Geelong, not my problem.
I reckon I have been pretty fair here. You seem to be spoiling for a fight and I can’t be bothered.
Not at all. Just a bit silly to agree he should’ve been suspended. But claim someone who wants him suspended is agenda driven

I have no idea who that poster is or what he thinks. Why would I?

Not looking for a fight. Isn’t that what you wanted though? By saying you agree but that you disagree because Nic Nat but agree but disagree because some stranger online had an agenda but agree because Martin

You’re flip flopping. I’m assuming you two have a history and that’s why this seems all emotional and weird.

darrenmorgan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
We need to look at suspensions in Finals. The stakes are too high. A mistake which earns a week in round 13 is not comparable. The games are far more intense also, so mistakes more likely to happen. They should just issue (substantial) fines for all minor indiscretions in finals. Only incidents that would attract 2-3 weeks + or go straight to the tribunal should attract suspension. We want the best players playing.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back