Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume you mean Robertson? He's not top 5 is he? Personally I'd rather Rivers than Robertson anyway and I think Stephens from SA fits what we need 1000 times better anyway
Stephens is what Melbourne need as well. I’d be happy with him at 3, also be happy with Young and Ash at that pick. If one of them will slip to 7 then i understand your trade proposal. No guarantee they’ll be there at 7 though

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
100%, the most likely result should GC get a PP (which is bs as far as I'm concerned) is that you guys just that pick 3 straight to GWS.

The only reason it wouldnt happen like that is if your guys saw a big diff between 7ish and 12ish which can happen in drafts.

I imagine we would prefer pick 3 for the same reasons, wanting 12 and 14 which are a decent chance to be above a Henry bid. 21 will always be taken by a Henry bid but you guys have the power so it will really be up to Melbourne with what they want to do.
I really does depend on who Melbourne rate. I agree the PP is crap and if we had pick 2 and Anderson was available we’d surely take him. I feel though that we’d like to have 2 first rounders if there’s no player standing out with a pick around 3-7. Apparently we’re also into Cody Weightman who is certainly not a top 10 pick.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I really does depend on who Melbourne rate. I agree the PP is crap and if we had pick 2 and Anderson was available we’d surely take him. I feel though that we’d like to have 2 first rounders if there’s no player standing out with a pick around 3-7. Apparently we’re also into Cody Weightman who is certainly not a top 10 pick.
I agree.

I do like Weightman. Possibly late first round and early second round.

Not sure you like this idea.

Picks 3,56 and for Langdon and pick 7.

Pick 3 to GWS for picks 11,14.

That would give you guys pick 7 and 21.

Use pick 7 on Ash, Stephens, Gould , Young or Serong.

Pick 21 used on Weightman or Sharp or Taylor.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I agree.

It is a possibility we do that, it will just depend how close the draft is from 7 to 14.

I would think we would prefer to do the deal with GWS ourselves and take 11 and 14 to the draft of potentially use 14 in another trade and take 11 to the draft.

hopefully GC don't get a PP and we just take 2 to the draft and get ourselves Anderson.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
It is a possibility we do that, it will just depend how close the draft is from 7 to 14.

I would think we would prefer to do the deal with GWS ourselves and take 11 and 14 to the draft of potentially use 14 in another trade and take 11 to the draft.

hopefully GC don't get a PP and we just take 2 to the draft and get ourselves Anderson.
Good idea.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree.

I think if 21 is agreed upon it’ll happen. Not sure Melbourne are interested in including 2/3 in the Langdon deal. Reports suggesting we’re looking to split the pick. If we end up with 7 we’re likely to miss out on Young Ashe and maybe Serong. Therefore perhaps two picks around 11-15 plus Langdon May be a better prospect than 7 and 21 plus Langdon.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think if 21 is agreed upon it’ll happen. Not sure Melbourne are interested in including 2/3 in the Langdon deal. Reports suggesting we’re looking to split the pick. If we end up with 7 we’re likely to miss out on Young Ashe and maybe Serong. Therefore perhaps two picks around 11-15 plus Langdon May be a better prospect than 7 and 21 plus Langdon.
Pick 20/21 gets it done for sure.

But seriously it’s a bit vanilla and not much fun for us on bf.

Getting in Anderson/Young and Langdon isn’t sexy but it improves your team straight away and into the future.

Dockers issue will be having picks 20/21 and 24/25 with Henry bid coming in.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DGroover

Senior List
Jan 31, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
If the Dees get Langdon for 20/21
Tomlinson free and Jenkins for token.
Hold onto frost, keep pick 2/3, then I’d say that would be an A+ trade period and supporters could go into next year with a bit of confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pick 20/21 gets it done for sure.

But seriously it’s a bit vanilla and not much fun for us on bf.

Getting in Anderson/Young and Langdon isn’t sexy but it improves your team straight away and into the future.

Dockers issue will be having picks 20/21 and 24/25 with Henry bid coming in.
I don't think is an issue, you still get a player that are in top 20 with a discount. People concentrate too much on discount. Academy players if they are good enough you match it. If they are not well known you get then through Rookie B.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
If the Dees get Langdon for 20/21
Tomlinson free and Jenkins for token.
Hold onto frost, keep pick 2/3, then I’d say that would be an A+ trade period and supporters could go into next year with a bit of confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are your chances of getting Jamie Elliott??

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think is an issue, you still get a player that are in top 20 with a discount. People concentrate too much on discount. Academy players if they are good enough you match it. If they are not well known you get then through Rookie B.
Henry gets a bid at 12 we lose both pick 20 and 24.

If had just pick 24 downgraded for later picks with a surplus of points, we could get Henry for just pick 24.

Having picks 20 and 24 is a waste of points.

Henry gets a bid at 12 we lose both pick 20 and 24.

If had just pick 24 downgraded for later picks with a surplus of points, we could get Henry for just pick 24.

Having picks 20 and 24 is a waste of points.

Just hoping we can knock this deal off early and then move this pick as part of other deals.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Back