Recommitted Rory Laird [RFA 2021]

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Both 2 x All Australians yes?

You don’t get all Australian for being a plug and play half back flanker.

I don’t at all agree with the poster who said pick 20 lol, or know exactly what this poster means by plug and play other than he’s more of a cog in a team rather than a game winner?

But your comment on all Aus I don’t think is right either.

As I earlier labelled laird as backline Kane Cornes , its a great comparison because cornes also won 2 all Aus gigs. Cornes was also a very good player but I don’t think he was great, and I think there have been better mids with less honours than him.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Michael Hibberd, Nick Malceski, Sean Dempster, Nick Smith, Easton Wood, Beau Waters, Harry O'Brien have all been AA defenders this decade.

That said, Laird is definitely worth more than pick 20.
Not sure about that gets alot of cheap kicks and doesn't do any damage by foot.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
If that's true, why has Hamish Hartlett been so s*** the last few years?
Wow that's up there with pure stupid....

DBJ looks fantastic in the same role this season anyway.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would love to have him but won't happen. Future first pick easy would hopefully get it done. By all reports there's no smoke or fire, he's staying, not interested in moving anywhere.
you planning on getting bolton back for next year to put pick 1 back in play?..as with teague coaching, no chance it would get done for a future 1st

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
you planning on getting bolton back for next year to put pick 1 back in play?..as with teague coaching, no chance it would get done for a future 1st

Doesn't really matter as Laird's peeps have said he's staying, end of story according to them. Daresay the "resignation" had something to do with it.

Last edited:
Back