NFNL Div 2 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banyule didn't show up???
Please Whittlesea went full noise from the opening BOUNCE and Banyule sat back and watched second to the ball doesn't win grand finals. The one thing I noticed today was Ricky Dyson is done, his been an outstanding player at NFNL level and his AFL career speaks for itself but his done.
Yeah him and Gumbleton struggled, hardly noticed them. Banyule were very disappointing today, no run just nothing. Fair play to Whittlesea though. They played well from the halfway mark of the season up until today. Jaron Murphy played really well and kicked one of the best goals I've seen at Preston.

Banyule didn't show up???
Please Whittlesea went full noise from the opening BOUNCE and Banyule sat back and watched second to the ball doesn't win grand finals. The one thing I noticed today was Ricky Dyson is done, his been an outstanding player at NFNL level and his AFL career speaks for itself but his done.
Settle down! He wasn’t great, but definitely wasn’t the worst on the ground. So by your theory there would be 10-15 others out there today that should give it away? They were just clearly outplayed all day.

Settle down! He wasn’t great, but definitely wasn’t the worst on the ground. So by your theory there would be 10-15 others out there today that should give it away? They were just clearly outplayed all day.
Agree with your assessment above but played like a player who had only played 4 games all season. Hard to come off that prep and perform on GF day.

Yeah him and Gumbleton struggled, hardly noticed them. Banyule were very disappointing today, no run just nothing. Fair play to Whittlesea though. They played well from the halfway mark of the season up until today. Jaron Murphy played really well and kicked one of the best goals I've seen at Preston.
The kid can play and has some toe. I thought Brodie Bell was everywhere in the first half. Stinger has worked his magic on Grand Final day again the little master is genius.

So you wouldve had him in your best 10?
Didn’t read that properly did you? I’m saying half of Banyules side had a shocker. He wasn’t there worst by any means. He’s a name so people are more harsh on him. Doesn’t mean himself or the other 10 s**t Banyule players should give the game away does it?

Dropped a kid to play himself if your not primed for Grand Final day DONT PLAY

He's a coach at Essendon VFL, not Banyule, so assume he doesn't select the side. Reckon he was selected for experience and what he may be able to produce, did not work out that way. As stated above, they couldn't have expected too much from him after only playing 4 matches. Have no idea who made way for him but refuse to believe he wasn't in their best 22, considering their 2s are not much good and 19s were closer to the bottom than top

Let’s hope Eltham can win 19
He's a coach at Essendon VFL, not Banyule, so assume he doesn't select the side. Reckon he was selected for experience and what he may be able to produce, did not work out that way. As stated above, they couldn't have expected too much from him after only playing 4 matches. Have no idea who made way for him but refuse to believe he wasn't in their best 22, considering their 2s are not much good and 19s were closer to the bottom than top
isnt Harris (coach) his brother in-law? But all in all he wasn’t their worst by far. Their targeted recruiting nearly got them to Div 1 but I still think any of the top 4 were good enough on their day to have won the flag.

Must of!! Yeah they weren't up t okk the standard today. I love Dyson mate but watching him move today he look slow, still used the ball well when he got it.
Didn’t read that properly did you? I’m saying half of Banyules side had a shocker. He wasn’t there worst by any means. He’s a name so people are more harsh on him. Doesn’t mean himself or the other 10 s**t Banyule players should give the game away does it?

Had they won everyone would have been saying it was a genius move playing him and having him in the team for experience in the big dance etc.

Said it last week, can’t back against a team that is led by Blair Harvey. By my count that’s his 7th senior flag he’s been involved with, when the whips are cracking you want him in your corner at Cramer street.

Week off is no good in local footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whittlesea were deserving winners, moved the ball quickly, their match ups were spot on and they are a team that plays for each other. This game yesterday wasn’t dissimilar to the Eltham game last week. Hats off to Blair Harvey and his team for implementing a game plan that has got them through to Div 1. If they can keep this list and add some more talent they will do ok in Div 1.

It’s bloody awkward when you give yourself a pump up moona!

Hello
This is moona from thomastown this year not on hear pumping my self up that's for sure . I love my coaching and have enjoyed where i have been . Yes i have been to club to club but wouldn't change it. People i have meet been fantastic and I'm delighted to have Head coaching role with Lower Plenty in 2020. Im sure their more important things to talk about on this forum. That it for me just wanted to clear some things up on this dribble that been said.

Congrats on Whittlsea on the win. Im just looking froward to opportunity that's been given to me

Easy to play against a side that always kicks long to a flank at the kick ins and just bloody mindedly bombs the ball long no matter what - often burning players that have worked their butts off to run and receive.
Dumb footy!
The way Banyule bring the ball forward who would want to play forward there?
Also mid field soundly beaten on the day.
They need to look at what Whittlesea did - sharing ball around, good passing to leading players. Good decision making and good execution.

Easy to play against a side that always kicks long to a flank at the kick ins and just bloody mindedly bombs the ball long no matter what - often burning players that have worked their butts off to run and receive.
Dumb footy!
The way Banyule bring the ball forward who would want to play forward there?
Also mid field soundly beaten on the day.
They need to look at what Whittlesea did - sharing ball around, good passing to leading players. Good decision making and good execution.
Have seen both teams several times this year and newby you are 100% correct.
The amount of times Banyule had an easier 30 metre option but instead bombed it long and Whittlesea just marked and reloaded was frustrating to watch.
I have to say that Whittleseas ball use is exceptional and if they can recruit a couple of big targets to complement their young stars will do well in Div 1.

Arrogance/cash will only get you so far as a club. I’m sure they’ll spend more again and be way under cap ???? Any decent player with an electrical interest send resume to brockwellfootballelectrical@yahoo.com

Poor J. Langford lost 4 gf’s in a row now 😢
Well if you want to compete in Div 1 then going out and recruiting and spending some money is a good start in doing that. If Whittlesea put that side on the park in Div 1 next year they will be straight back down. So they need to go out and recruit. Unless they want to continually contend for a flag every few years in Div 2

Agree with a few others, at this level a week of is so often not a good thing.

Div 1 Greensy have had 2 weeks off in the last 4, WPL are flying - could be interesting

Agree with a few others, at this level a week of is so often not a good thing.

Div 1 Greensy have had 2 weeks off in the last 4, WPL are flying - could be interesting

When was the last time a side won the flag after winning the semi final?

Also when was the last time a side went back to back?

Quite some time I would imagine

Well if you want to compete in Div 1 then going out and recruiting and spending some money is a good start in doing that. If Whittlesea put that side on the park in Div 1 next year they will be straight back down. So they need to go out and recruit. Unless they want to continually contend for a flag every few years in Div 2

Well i was wrong about banyule thought they would win . Worried about their list the top liners getting on a bit and cant keep recruiting as i reckon they played full points most week maybe a blessing they remain in div 2

When was the last time a side won the flag after winning the semi final?

Also when was the last time a side went back to back?

Quite some time I would imagine
hard to go back to back in d2 or d3 though ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back