List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time that I've heard this and it's a massive call to have him right up there!

He looked incredible for WA in the champs. Stand out performer. Check the skills on this kid.

Whats the go with Rhys Mathieson i know we where interested in drafting him and being in and out of the Lions side is he someone to look at?

Probably around Dunstan level player and has been over taken like Lewis Taylor. I'd rather try to pry Eli Smith out of them. He's bull mid and was injured for a big chunk of his first season so hasn't got a lot of exposed form to push his price up. I reckon he could be a bit of a Worpol type who is cheap but effective.

Other Kid that is a smokie to be a Star is Elijah Taylor ....family indigenous background all very very good
players.

Related to the Kickett’s , Ryder , Winmar ....& Tim Kelly ...

Pretty highly rated smoky.

That's the most bulls**t, non committal, no sources article I have seen from Jon Ralph in some time.

Saying things like "clubs such as" and "would be considered if" just backs up it is pure baseless speculation to fill his nightly word count.
Jon Ralph is fast approaching McClure/Browne territory for me. Seems that the majority of his articles these days are nuffy hot takes or obvious guesses (like this one). I wouldn't bother reading into anything he says these days

His inside work is among the best in our list, that's why i'd rather get someone else in to do that sort of work, so we can use Gresham in a more damaging way, he's too good for just digging in, getting the ball and passing it to the nearest player he can see.
At this stage he is best suited as a small forward.

If we can bolster the midfield sufficiently to allow us to play him accordingly then great.

At this stage it appears he isn't doing enough to become an elite mid. He can, but needs to work harder.

Ideal scenario is to keep him for sure. The only way he gets traded is if it facilitates a top player joining us... As in a top 10 player in the comp.

At this stage he is best suited as a small forward.

If we can bolster the midfield sufficiently to allow us to play him accordingly then great.

At this stage it appears he isn't doing enough to become an elite mid. He can, but needs to work harder.

Ideal scenario is to keep him for sure. The only way he gets traded is if it facilitates a top player joining us... As in a top 10 player in the comp.

Your point is fair and reasonable, but him only being only 22 should also be taken into account. He has been i'd say in our top 5 players for the last 2 years, he will mature as most 22 year olds do. Not everyone is Jack Billings in terms of commitment and desire at such any early age. I think he is on the right path towards being elite in terms of trajectory. I'm confident the penny will drop and if it doesn't we still have a match winner.

He looked incredible for WA in the champs. Stand out performer. Check the skills on this kid.

In that case let's just keep pick five and bid on him if they try to screw us. Turn Freos so called 3 first rounders into 1!

I'm prepared to burn the joint down if Gresh is traded:)

We will be laughing if Gresham becomes as good of a player as Taranto. Anyway there's no way TT is leaving Sydney and no way Gresham will be traded, realistically. Just find it a bit strange how highly Gresham is rated for his actual production this year. Very good player, but not elite by any means

Third. Toby Greene is definitely top 2 alongside Sicily
There's some pretty tough competition out there…

Outright #1
OLIVER%20Clayton.png

DARLING%20Jack.png

STRATTON%20Ben.png

RANCE%20Alex.png

MASTEN%20Chris.png

# 6
BALLANTYNE%20HAYDEN%20297x317%20copy.png

Hugh Greenwood is prepared to walk to a Victorian club such as Hawthorn or St Kilda if he cannot secure the three-year deal contract he wants with his home club Adelaide.

what are we looking at a mid who is no better than Dunstan

He's 27 but has only played a few years AFL, so a low km model if you like.
He's a big bugger, and his contested possession counts are through the roof. Hits the scoreboard.
Give him 3 years , front ended with decent coin.
Trade a late pick if we need to.

Put him in the guts so Gresh can play forward more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I think will happen is Freo will ask for pick 5. Our response will be no worries but your 2nd rounder is packaged with Hill. There will be some showboating around and the end trade will be pick 5 for Hill and a 3rd rounder. Hopefully we can turn that 3rd rounder into a Keath/Jones with adding in another late pick and it will be a massive win.

Out: pick 5 and something in the 50s
In: Hill and Keath/Jones

Use the compo we got for the Newnes pick in association with what we get for Bruce to see if we can snag another A grade talent.

Gresham’s stats this year are ahead of what Jack Steven’s were in his fourth year and similar to Steven’s BnF year a year later in 2013, just falls behind a bit in uncontested possessions which a couple more preseasons will help. His midfield work is really underrated, I see him basically as Steven’s replacement but unfortunately when you add one but then take one away you’re not really progressing as a team. Doesn’t mean I’d rule him out from ever playing forward but our midfield is nowhere near good enough for that.

What's with all this academy access, do we have to run the failed father son years again before we just go back to a regular uncompromised draft?

How many indigenous or multicultural minority groups are there going to be in Armadale and Beaumauris?

View attachment 746920

Do the clubs support the players with training sessions and stuff ( ie the term "academy" ).
Saints mightn't have been in a position to fly kids in from NT.
After much deliberating they might have decided they could do a whip around and organise an Uber from Frankston.

He's 27 but has only played a few years AFL, so a low km model if you like.
He's a big bugger, and his contested possession counts are through the roof. Hits the scoreboard.
Give him 3 years , front ended with decent coin.
Trade a late pick if we need to.

Put him in the guts so Gresh can play forward more often.

What would greenwood cost trade wise?

Interesting article about last year's trades up on the afl website. Saying Sydney won the trade for Hanners easily, which made me look at it a little closer.

We got Hanners, Bytel and Parker for pick 39 last year and 23 this year.

Even by taking Hanners out altogether, I still think we won that trade by getting Bytel and Parker.

Interesting article about last year's trades up on the afl website. Saying Sydney won the trade for Hanners easily, which made me look at it a little closer.

We got Hanners, Bytel and Parker for pick 39 last year and 23 this year.

Even by taking Hanners out altogether, I still think we won that trade by getting Bytel and Parker.

StK never wins a trade according to the AFL media. It takes about 30 seconds of research and an absence of cognitive bias to actually look at a trade with any accuracy.

It took them 3 season to realise that we didn't give up #5 for JC and grow Gresh in a pot plant at Seaford.

So you’d take 5 to the draft?

I'd much rather pry Crouch away and use it on him, rate him higher (even with the injury risk). Failing that (or another mid in the Crouch mould), i'd prefer the draft.
They say that a fair trade is where neither party is totally happy though. Perhaps 5 for Hill and something coming back would work. I think it will be a 3 teamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back