Tigers Ashes discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

True he was born there, but at least he moved to Australia as a young kid (10), similar to Khawaja
Not like Archer who moved when he was 20, and Keven Pietersen who moved when he was 21
At least Stokes was only 12

iirc Joffa wasnt selected for a WIndies/Barbados U21 side or something, had a cry and went to England

Smith gone. Ashes will end all square. Which is a shame as we really should have won 3-1. How any of the other batsman outside Laboosh can collect a paycheck after collectively sh1tting the bed for weeks is beyond me. Only reason we retain the Ashes is Smith and Cummins

Smith gone. Ashes will end all square. Which is a shame as we really should have won 3-1. How any of the other batsman outside Laboosh can collect a paycheck after collectively sh1tting the bed for weeks is beyond me. Only reason we retain the Ashes is Smith and Cummins
Australian 11 batsmen apart from Smith/Labooshhhhh... th.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full credit to Wade for proving me wrong with the bat.
Biggest dud for us behind Warner was the Captain. He threw away the Third test and then in the Last Test elects to bowl after winning the toss .
Wade becomes wicket keeper again and Paine goes into the paddock is the best moving forward.
You need a smart Capt in cricket...not the best bowler or bat but the smartest!

Australia retain the Ashes as they scored more boundaries over the series...

I have less problem with Paine as he plays #7, more of a 1st tail ender than a last batsman. Our problem are the openers. Basically we have had to negotiate the series with 4 batsmen, so incompetent have they been in putting together any sort of stand. Warner, Bancroft and Harris have been shite. Khawaja is a good batsmen but been missing when he was needed. Head missed his chance to lock down his spot. Marsh... why did they bring him back? Would rather have lost with him out. Should have played Pattinson instead of Siddle and then Marsh would not have been needed
/end rant

I have less problem with Paine as he plays #7, more of a 1st tail ender than a last batsman. Our problem are the openers. Basically we have had to negotiate the series with 4 batsmen, so incompetent have they been in putting together any sort of stand. Warner, Bancroft and Harris have been s**t. Khawaja is a good batsmen but been missing when he was needed. Head missed his chance to lock down his spot. Marsh... why did they bring him back? Would rather have lost with him out. Should have played Pattinson instead of Siddle and then Marsh would not have been needed
/end rant
Would hate to see what Jasprit Bumrah would do to Australia and England's top order!! :eek:
Steve Smith excluded, of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back