List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Remove this Banner Ad

So basically you have nothing but paranoia.
Are you young or something? Obviously being thoughtful is something you have trouble with.

[citation needed]
For what?

So just so I’m clear...you think the AFL will willingly screw over clubs like the Pies & Hawks, with their giant money-printing fan bases and extremely outspoken, influential presidents who go to war whenever there is an inkling their club may be disadvantaged, just to ensure the Western Bulldog’s NGA prospect will somehow make his way to the Gold Coast?

I think you need to adjust the tin foil old mate.
Screw over? More like abolish/scale down a poorly thought out academy system that's been heavily criticized over the last 12 months.

What's Eddie going to say? "It's an absolute disgrace the AFL has taken away our access to a player we've barely developed" ?

The AFL site and other outlets have been writing about this all year, with articles like "Will 2020 be the most compromised draft ever?", and it's going to become more prevalent in 2020. If the AFL were prepared to strip GWS of their priority access to Marshall, Brander and Spargo, it's not unreasonable to expect them to come out and say "NGA access will only be accessible outside of the first round" or something similar.

The Gold Coast thing was just a passing remark.

So just a gut feeling then. Ok.
Gut feeling for what? Did you actually read a single post I made?

Someone claimed "There will Ne no further significant changes to the system before next year's draft." and I responded saying that's not necessarily true, and provided an argument as to why it could happen, which was backed up by past examples where it did happen.

Gut feeling for what? Did you actually read a single post I made?

Someone claimed "There will Ne no further significant changes to the system before next year's draft." and I responded saying that's not necessarily true, and provided an argument as to why it could happen, which was backed up by past examples where it did happen.

Are you part of the decision making process within the AFL?

On the NGA, what exactly is our involvement with the likes of Ugle-Hagan and Cooper-Peters? Do we have them training at the club on a semi-regular basis or something similar?

I'm stoked it looks like we'll land Ugle-Hagan, and clearly we're not alone in being able to land good talent through the system, but what have we done to deserve them? (besides 'every other club gets a chance to')

On the NGA, what exactly is our involvement with the likes of Ugle-Hagan and Cooper-Peters? Do we have them training at the club on a semi-regular basis or something similar?

I'm stoked it looks like we'll land Ugle-Hagan, and clearly we're not alone in being able to land good talent through the system, but what have we done to deserve them? (besides 'every other club gets a chance to')
So both players do off season training with the academy coaches
wellness and health coaching with our staff
Camps with fellow NGA players
Medicals with the club etc

It's pretty farcical actually:

We deserve to get him on the basis of North and Collingwood being handed freebies last year.

The Bulldogs identified Jamarra as an NGA prospect at least 3 years ago. He played for the WB NGA squad in a regional tournament as far back as 2017.

He has spent time at the club during those ensuring years, the Bulldogs are involved with an indigenous mission his family are affiliated with, he gets support from WB players directly and his family have attended numerous official club events (and despite the family supporting another team, they’re very happy with the support provided by the Bulldogs).

So under the current arrangement, given you know so much about the future machinations of the NGA program, what else should the WB being doing to further strengthen their claims on him?

Or are you just deliberately being contrary & negative? If so, you must be a real hit at parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under 15's Team named for VLine Cup

Coach Rick Anderws- Former Vic Counter under 16's assistant coach and GWV Rebels assistant coach

Tristan Maple Wyatt Squires (Ballarat)
Aaron Cadman, Keenan Chapman (Darley)
Aiden Brien, Jesse Cairns, James Clark, Felix Fogaty, Deng Lual (East Point)
Daniel Pascoe (Gordon)
Joshua Dunne (Mt Clear)
Hugh Bondm, Max Faulkner, Decyln Mcguigan, Will Quinlan, Josh Sparkman, Nelson Troon, Nathan Tuddenham, James Van Es (Nth Ballarat City)
Deegan Craig-Peters (Redan, Craig brother)
Jake Ashmore, Tom Mitchell (Sebastopol).
Kade Bohner, Tom Cousins, Jordan Cox, Henry Shea, Flynn Toner (Ararat)
Jett Hooper, Brody Hope (Horsham)
Max Bryan, Andrew Taylor (Horsham Saints)
Matthew Bown, Brayden Purchase (Nhill)
Sam Jenkinson (Stawell)

The selection process was very thorough, we are bringing together players from across the WB NGA zones, which is a huge area. The selectors and WB NGA coaches have worked hard to ensure the players have the best opportunity to display their skills," team manager and AFL Wimmera-Mallee football development manager Jason Muldoon said.
"This is the final step in the WB NGA for all of these players, these players will transition into the GWV Rebels program later in the year, and we are hoping these players become NAB League players for the GWV Rebels.
"We expect to see gradual development amongst the group over the V/Line Cup, and as they progress through to the GWV Rebels U16 program.
"The players can expect to play against some of the best junior players in Country Victoria, when they compete in the 2019 V/Line Cup in Shepparton. The players will have the privilege of wearing the Western Bulldogs jumper, the players are respectful of the opportunity they have been given."

For anyone asking why i'm posting the under 15's team is because Rebels tend to blood young players early
So one or two of these players could play under 18's footy next year

Jamarra played under 18's at 15 years old after a great VLine Cup series

For anyone asking why i'm posting the under 15's team is because Rebels tend to blood young players early

Thanks for your work in this thread Vital - it’s very informative and exciting and very much appreciated. Kudos.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great stuff, it’s been really good to understand the effort the club puts in and that the Marras of the world haven’t just fallen in our lap.

I’m sure there’s more to come. If they only get priority after pick 40 I would have thought that will be extended to all zones.
Surely limiting 'zone advantage' to only players later than pick 40, would render the entire system crippled. Why should teams bother developing players within their zones, if they only have advantaged access to the 'also rans'. The advantage idea is the only thing that would encourage clubs to be investing their time and money into developing kids from their designated zone. If the AFL want this to work, there HAS to be incentive for the clubs, or it will all fizzle out and die. Presently all clubs have their zones. If the system has any problems, it doesn't lay with the 'advantage' aspect, but only in either whether the zones are all equally productive, or that richer clubs can afford to spend more.

Talented forward Jamarra Ugle-Hagan showed why he has been touted as a top pick in next year’s draft with a star showing in Oakleigh Chargers’ preliminary final win on Saturday.
The high-flying forward kicked four goals in the 75-point win over Sandringham Dragons at Ikon Park as Oakleigh advanced to the NAB League grand final, where it will meet the Eastern Ranges.

Ugle-Hagan kicked 4.2 from 12 disposals and took nine marks in the 17.7 (109) to 4.10 (34) win.

The indigenous teenage sensation is tied to the Western Bulldogs through their Next Generation Academy and boards at Scotch College.

Oakleigh coach Leigh Clarke said the athletic 195cm player was an exciting prospect.

“I can send you photos of the way he runs and jumps over people,” Clarke said.

“His agility, I could see him playing mid. He understands his footwork … he’s able to organise big long levers of his legs really well.”

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan displays his sure hands. Picture: Graham Denholm/AFL Photos/Getty Images
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan displays his sure hands. Picture: Graham Denholm/AFL Photos/Getty Images
Two of Ugle-Haggan’s goals came in the first quarter and he has 24 majors from eight games this year.

“He travels all the way to Scotch from Warrnambool,” Clarke said.

“He’s had to make some sacrifices over the last couple of weeks and stay in town because we’ve had training on Saturdays.

“You can see that’s paying off. The quality of a kid like that, we hold in pretty high regard.

“You see how hard he comes at the ball and our boys kick it really well to him.”

Feel like Bevo will move everything now that its mention Marra could be a midfielder

Could he be described as a taller version of Jack martin from his draft year?

Seems they are rated similarly at the same age.

If not who would you compare Marra too in the AFL?

And more importantly it will be interesting to see how he fits in our forward line from 2021. Bruce will be 29 and will still have a few years left... he might have to play in the midfield!

And more importantly it will be interesting to see how he fits in our forward line from 2021. Bruce will be 29 and will still have a few years left... he might have to play in the midfield!
a less contested marking Naughton but better kick

Buddy?

The article mentioned his agility is really good. I think this could differentiate him from the Naughton Comparison?
I always tend to pick a player from our team to help the comparison

The overall comparison is Buddy Franklin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back