Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How can they possibly suspend him a week after he was cleared for the exact same thing...

Because he's facing a different charge this week to last week - last week he wasn't cited for contact to the eyes, just contact to the face

For Greene, the argument depends on the specific action he has been cited for.
Last time, he was fined because the AFL dropped one specific element of the serious misconduct charge - the part about Greene making contact with Marcus Bontempelli’s eyes.
This time, Greene has been specifically suspended because he made contact with Lachie Neale’s “eye region”.

One side with stuff all members, the other with a s**t tonne. Not hard to see who they will favour.

I know they want afl in the western sydney market but they couldn’t care less.
Doesn't really matter does it? Both prelims will be full, the GF is sold out no matter who plays.
TV ratings are probably the same. If your team isnt in it most usually still watch it. Bbq's and all that.

This time, Greene has been specifically suspended because he made contact with Lachie Neale’s “eye region”.

It'll be interesting, as it will come down to what Neale will say.

If Neale abstains, or is 'unsure', then Greene will get off - and 99% of the time, this will be the result.

Being cynical, I would also imagine the AFL would have planned it this way, so at least they can claim the higher moral ground.

This is a joke. Didn't they just let him off for the same thing?

Maybe, they realized the errors of their ways last week and are now compensating for it.

Last edited:
Because he's facing a different charge this week to last week - last week he wasn't cited for contact to the eyes, just contact to the face

For Greene, the argument depends on the specific action he has been cited for.
Last time, he was fined because the AFL dropped one specific element of the serious misconduct charge - the part about Greene making contact with Marcus Bontempelli’s eyes.

Your posts are always informative and excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF??

Senior West Coast officials reportedly believe suspended Eagle Willie Rioli will claim he acted in frustration rather than in an attempt to subvert the testing process.
Rioli was provisionally suspended by the AFL last Thursday for tampering with his urine sample on August 20, two days after West Coast lost to Richmond in Round 22.
“Willie Rioli was frustrated that he could not produce a urine sample after several hours with Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority testers when he put a sports drink into his sample jar,” the report read.
“He will claim he was dehydrated and unable to produce a urine sample when he made the baffling decision to pour the drink into the jar provided for his sample.”
According to the report, Rioli later had a blood test which did not reveal any illicit or performance enhancing substance in his body.

so now it's, "I was too dehydrated to produce a sample so I though this sports drink would suffice"? That seems a pretty strange idea considering that the blood test revealed no PED or illicit drugs - lack of patience may end up in a 4-year ban

It'll be interesting, as it will come down to what Neale will say.

If Neale abstains, or is 'unsure', then Greene will get off - and 99% of the time, this will be the result.

Being cynical, I would also imagine the AFL would have planned it this way, so at least they can claim the higher moral ground.
You're Cynical??? 😲

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back