Floggard

Remove this Banner Ad

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Remember when the North board claimed Blakey owed them because his dad played for the club? Then hoped that he broke his legs?
Daniher - 7 years for *essendon
Blakey - given to a franchise because academy trumps F/S apparently. AFL has to keep the franchises relevant so it's understandable.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Remember when the North board claimed Blakey owed them because his dad played for the club? Then hoped that he broke his legs?
Please quietly * off and go back to packing Paps furniture up for us thanks.

Daniher - 7 years for *essendon
Blakey - given to a franchise because academy trumps F/S apparently. AFL has to keep the franchises relevant so it's understandable.
Gotta pull you up on the use of the term "franchise" in this context. Under a franchise model, the franchisee provides a financial return to the franchisor, not vice versa.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gotta pull you up on the use of the term "franchise" in this context. Under a franchise model, the franchisee provides a financial return to the franchisor, not vice versa.
economics'd

7f5.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Heres the quoted report,
Former Essendon teammate Brendon Goddard says star forward Joe Daniher “owes it” to Essendon to stay at the club after two injury-plagued seasons.

Speculation about Daniher looking to leave Essendon with a season still to run on his contract before he is available for free agency at the end of 2020 has intensified since Essendon were punted from the finals by West Coast.

Daniher’s links with a possible move to Sydney has Bombers supporters up in arms — and Goddard says they have a right to be.

Having played just 11 games in the past two seasons, Goddard told the ABC over the weekend Daniher owes the club for the way it has looked after him during his injuries.

He wants Daniher to see out his contract and stay with the Dons.

Isn’t the way his injuries were “looked after” part of the reason he wants out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all conjecture anyway. Just make up your own reason like everyone else.

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apparently Beej isn't happy:

From FoxSports (extra points for a s**t photo)

Goddard took aim at Joe and his preparedness to commit to his rehabilitation to his ongoing groin issues that have limited him to just 11 games over the past two years.

“In this case it does feel like he owes the club,” Goddard told RSN.

“As much as the injuries affected him, he could’ve gone about it in a better way with his rehab, particularly the first time around.

“At the time I didn’t think he dedicated himself hard enough to recovering and rehab and giving himself the best chance to get up and play and get himself right.

5bec1c46b30e4eb35a84ce45b02e34a6

Apparently Beej isn't happy:

From FoxSports (extra points for a s**t photo)

Goddard took aim at Joe and his preparedness to commit to his rehabilitation to his ongoing groin issues that have limited him to just 11 games over the past two years.

“In this case it does feel like he owes the club,” Goddard told RSN.

“As much as the injuries affected him, he could’ve gone about it in a better way with his rehab, particularly the first time around.

“At the time I didn’t think he dedicated himself hard enough to recovering and rehab and giving himself the best chance to get up and play and get himself right.

5bec1c46b30e4eb35a84ce45b02e34a6

I could be remembering a different story, but wasn't it the club that rushed him back from injury in the first place?

I could be remembering a different story, but wasn't it the club that rushed him back from injury in the first place?
Yes mate. He was like 'argh my pelvis! It hurts so bad! I can't possibly play!' and the doctors were like 'this man is srsly injured and shouldn't play!' but the club was like 'hey * you guys buddy! This man is contracted to play footy and play footy he will! Now get out there you lazy cry baby!'

Yes mate. He was like 'argh my pelvis! It hurts so bad! I can't possibly play!' and the doctors were like 'this man is srsly injured and shouldn't play!' but the club was like 'hey fu** you guys buddy! This man is contracted to play footy and play footy he will! Now get out there you lazy cry baby!'

Why did they do that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back